As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Canadian Politics] Takin' out the trash to replace it with... whoops.

• Options
    ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User regular
    The reactions to that chart are kind of amazing. I started seeing it bouncing around a couple of days ago, and the number of people I've seen claiming the CBC endorses political candidates - or that their favorite paper on that list doesn't - is pretty ridiculous.

I really, really, really can't wait for the "facts don't matter" fad to start dying out.

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Unfortunately politics everywhere seem to be veering away from who has the best platform and who can make the best argument and towards who can make voters feel good about them.

Ford didn’t even have a platform other than “Liberals are bad” and he won. Trump won on a platform of “I hate people you hate and also trust me on everything”, beating out someone with loads of experience and a well thought out platform.

We need a return to evidence based politics real soon... I’m just not sure the pendulum is swinging the right way for that to happen atm

• Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    Aridhol wrote: »
    Bit of good news.

Singh says he won't prop up a con minority.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/singh-scheer-minority-1.5256647

"The resurfacing of Andrew Scheer's disgusting prejudice against LGBTQI2S+ people and families is very painful for many Canadians," Singh said in his statement.

"This is exactly why, if Canadians deliver a minority government in October, I will not prop up Andrew Scheer and the Conservatives. We can't trust Mr. Scheer or his caucus to champion the fundamental rights of Canadians."

Heh, look what popped up related to this:
    9n5x6gtmf9i31.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Side Note:
    Quality fucking beard

/looks at picture of Scheer

I'm not sure I trust a party leader without good hair anymore.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I figured some people in here would appreciate this, it was shared in the comments section of a beaverton article, the poster gave consent to share it wide.
    0mq2ucbtacl9.jpeg

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I can't find the actual poll link itself right now but things are so fucked in Ontario voter sentiment has swung 25! Points from con to liberal.

Doug Ford is Fucking the chances of the national Conservatives in just an amazing way.

Frank Graves is the founder of ekos research.

Aridhol on
  • Options
    Gah. Outside of Albertan conservatives parties polling in the high forties isn't a thing that's supposed to happen in this country.

I mean, I'll take it in this case, but I'm still boggling at that kind of a jump.

• Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I mean, if I'm not mistaken the last week of news has basically been that the Ford government is moving ahead with a variety of cuts and pushing costs down to the municipal level, and the best they've had to say about it is that there'll be some interim funding to cover 'adjustment'. I'm not surprised the response has been overall negative.

• Options
    So the company which put up that PPC billboard issued a statement around noon today basically saying "we're not breaking the law therefore this is fine," followed about an hour ago by another statement basically saying "oh hey people hate us now for this, maybe we should take the thing down after all."

Amazing what a few local businesses promising to set an advertising company's finances on fire can do.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

it's a fantastic target for a patriotic usage of a paintball gun

• Options
    Well, was, since it's apparently coming down..

Also the PPC tried to set up a booth at a local street festival today. They were received ... let's call it 'energetically.'

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    If I ever spend time in prison it will because I met a PPC cretin

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular

Donald Trump currently holds the office of President of the United States

Oh my fucking god. The best part is the bot comments calling Levant fake liberal news

What a nightmare world we live in

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »

Oh my fucking god. The best part is the bot comments calling Levant fake liberal news

I love how "Ezra" gaslights us about the posture.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    that serious of tweets is actually hilarious to me

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    The guy with the best socks wins.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Someone has gone and fixed that billboard before they could take it down:

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Ok they can keep that one up

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Thank fuck, this is a dirty ass old town but THAT fuckin dirty

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    My only question is, how? Those things are huge and high up. How did whoever did this get up there, especially up to the capital M?

sig.gif
  • Options
    After six beers Haligonians can fly short distances

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    Drone with a paintbrush duct taped to it?

• Options
    Nobody say 'a ladder', ladders got banned in Halifax back in the 70's

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Richy wrote: »
    My only question is, how? Those things are huge and high up. How did whoever did this get up there, especially up to the capital M?

There's a catwalk along the bottom of the sign, you just need to get up there with a telescoping pole with a paint roller on it. It wouldn't be that hard.

• Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    After six beers Haligonians can fly short distances

They are part sugar glider?

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    (The boring real answer is that it's a photo shop)

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular

It says a lot about my city that I had no trouble believing, "Yes, I can see someone in the dead of night putting that much effort into having a bit of fun with their vandalism".

• Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular

Man those socks are fucking great.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzHOmiV0eGU

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular

It says a lot about my city that I had no trouble believing, "Yes, I can see someone in the dead of night putting that much effort into having a bit of fun with their vandalism".
    Man, I was considering if I could manage it for real before they take it down. :P

• Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzHOmiV0eGU

This is the main problem with that billboard. Because the Assman is cool and the PPC is incapable of that.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    anyone reading body language from trump is committing to a fools errand

hes a corpse on strings. His body language is as mangled, misshapen and ill-considered as his verbal language

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Meanwhile, following Patterson's removal of the pro-PPC hate signs, Bernier declared he is the victim of a totalitarian left pack. The exact term he used in French, a "meute", is filled with projection since the Meute is a Quebec alt-right hate-group solidly aligned with the PPC in ideology.

Meanwhile, every news agency I've seen report on the signs has included a picture of them and in most cases a detailed written description of them, giving the PPC a free pan-Canadian headline-level publicity boost.

sig.gif
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    anyone reading body language from trump is committing to a fools errand

hes a corpse on strings. His body language is as mangled, misshapen and ill-considered as his verbal language

Ya his stance mostly reads "My hemorrhoid on the right acting up better spread and lean left"

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    I don’t like that they phrased it that way. None of the parties is advocating for ‘mass immigration’. Some want more, some want less. So now the alt right can claim that most Canadians agree with them, while implying that anyone left of them is totally for ‘mass immigration’

• Options
    In a victory for reality over rhetoric, New Brunswick's conservative government has released a plan to increase immigration to the province.

• Options
    Thats shockingly pleasant, is it some sort of trick is there a catch or snare

• Options
    It's because NB is actually shrinking.

• Options
    NB's population growth at the moment is basically entirely thanks to immigration. To the point that even their conservative government has to admit that immigration is a good thing.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Is NB shrinking more due to lower birth rates and higher death rates or people leaving the province for work/education/other opportunities?

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.