As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Shovel Knight] Strike the Earth!

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    I believe i speak for us all when i say:

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Not enough e’s.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I thought for sure this would be the excuse to finally announce a date for King of Cards.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular

Not enough e’s.

Fine.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Not enough e’s.

Fine.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

That's enough e's to share with the rest of the class.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I thought for sure this would be the excuse to finally announce a date for King of Cards.
    First, new release info! Shovel Knight: King of Cards and Shovel Showdown will release in December. We'll have a more exact date a little close to release. As always:
    King of Cards and Showdown will be available as a free update to existing owners of Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove.
    King of Cards and Showdown will also be available as standalone games.

Shovel Knight Dig wont be until next year.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Can't wait for King of Cards.

Features the best knight with the best DLC gimmick: card battlin, fuck yeah.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Yeah that card game looks fuckin neato.

• Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular

Not enough e’s.

Fine.

If only more people knew about YTMND, they'd know what i'd be thinking right now seeing this.

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    LllbmYv.png

• Options
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Give me an inch I want to think I'm a ruler!

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    They must be thrilled to finally be done with this game. Now give us Super Shovel Knight!

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    No lie, I want a Shovel Knight 64 as an eventual April Fools gag, reflecting the difficult, early low poly days of attempts at 3D platformers where it is impossible to judge your jumps.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Shovel Knight is EVERYWHERE

https://youtu.be/HLU12ZdC7AU
    HiT BiT wrote: Β»
    Shovel or Whip: https://tomycase.itch.io/shovel-or-whip
    Shovel Knight commited another cameo and invaded the universe of Bloodstained!
    As Miriam, take your whip and your axes and kick the intruder out of your game!
    Shovel or Whip is a short fangame which consist in a single boss fight, two modes of difficulty and an upcoming 3rd difficulty mode on the way ~
    hAgMy0.png
    zgH7LA.png

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    What's that last cameo from? I don't recognize that game.

Also I finally beat Plague Knight so that I can say I've beaten Treasure Trove before king Knight hits. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to do it, because the control of plague didn't click with me like the other campaigns. Turns out you get a lot of items past the half way point that really make the game a bunch easier. I ended up enjoying it a lot, where before I was having trouble slogging through.

• Options
    Playing King of Cards and already in love with this game all over again.

Watch out though, that card game is awesome (like all card battle minigames) but it can also get pretty brutal.

Black Knight has been kicking my ass. Grinding for money to get better cards now.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Yeah, I feel like I need to see and hear some tips and such for the card game. Because I'm not smart enough to figure out what the basic strategy is. I feel like I'm just putting cards down at random and then I'm just in a fucked situation where I'm screwed no matter what I do. And the game's progress is friggin' locked to winning this game against Black Knight. I'm starting to get kind of frustrated here.

edit: Oh thank god, you can just leave the town and continue on.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    King knight’s mom is the best.

Starter subjects!

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Finally giving me a reason to get off my ass and hook up my Wii U after the move.

I... kinda forgot just how many games I own for this dang thing. Lot of random indie titles and virtual console stuff, but still. Things I’ve been meaning to get back to.

But for now, I’m just waiting on my crappy internet to download King of Cards. I’m very excited.

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    King knight’s mom is the best.

Starter subjects!

Hey, they're loyal to the end!

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Yeah, I feel like I need to see and hear some tips and such for the card game. Because I'm not smart enough to figure out what the basic strategy is. I feel like I'm just putting cards down at random and then I'm just in a fucked situation where I'm screwed no matter what I do. And the game's progress is friggin' locked to winning this game against Black Knight. I'm starting to get kind of frustrated here.

edit: Oh thank god, you can just leave the town and continue on.
    Don't forget Chester sells cheat items that can give you an edge in the card game and make things significantly easier.

That said, they're pretty pricey at like 1500 each.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Uh yeah card game AI is much smarter than I am. Cardia is always one step ahead.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    God, what is this final boss in Showdown? Damn thing seems to gain crystals at random because fuck you.

• Options
    Hoo boy, Black Knight was a tough opponent in the card game. I really need to keep a closer eye on what my opponent has.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Damn..I think Showdown might be the first swing and a miss for me with Shovel Knight.

It just feels really chaotic/hard to read and not in a good Smash kind of way.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Black knight was okay. Took me 3-4 losses but he only took one card from me that I didn’t have infinite supply. Good guy. Or gal.

• Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    Dang. These few days are gonna be a tough wait for the 3DS version of KingDLC. Been traveling so I left my switch in the safety of home.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I love the Plains of Passage BGM.

The first time I played Shovel Knight right after its original release I heard that theme and I thought "Oh yeah. This music is perfect. This is going to be great."

Then with the release of each of the alternate campaigns, just starting up the game again, dropping into that same starting level, and hearing that music start up just makes me think "Here we go again."

With King Knight today I just had the biggest grin on my face when I heard it again for the first time in a long time.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    If Yacht Club Games were all sick of Shovel Knight after working on it for over 6 years straight and their next project was completely different, that would be completely understandable.

On the other hand, if they looked at how popular it's become and moved directly on to Super Shovel Knight that would also be completely understandable.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Andy Joe wrote: Β»
    If Yacht Club Games were all sick of Shovel Knight after working on it for over 6 years straight and their next project was completely different, that would be completely understandable.

On the other hand, if they looked at how popular it's become and moved directly on to Super Shovel Knight that would also be completely understandable.

Shovel Knight Dig seems to be that, no?

• Options
    I initially thought that King Knight only having his charge for a direct attack would make it annoying to play as him in Showdown. That was before I realized how annoying he can be with his rat bomber taking up floor space.

• Options
    Is there a joustus guide anywhere besides cheat constantly? My god I think I have lost 10+ straight games to trouple acolyte.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Is there a joustus guide anywhere besides cheat constantly? My god I think I have lost 10+ straight games to trouple acolyte.

The best thing I’ve found thus far is to always look at the opponent’s current hand and think of how they could move your card when you place it. I did not have good results playing blindly when I fought Black Knight.

• Options

My advice is really not to play in a vacuum... Too many games i've lost from basically playing assuming my opponent would do nothing useful on their turn.

• Options
    I mean I can see how they are going to win from the start of the game, I just lack agency to stop it. Also I just ran out of stage where you get cards and you can't go back into it so now this playthrough is wrecked.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited December 2019
    I mean I can see how they are going to win from the start of the game, I just lack agency to stop it. Also I just ran out of stage where you get cards and you can't go back into it so now this playthrough is wrecked.

Chester takes up residence on the airship and you buy cards from him there.

And you don’t need to beat people at the card game to continue through stages, so you can go out, get money, and come back later with more cards.

Enlong on
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I hate this fucking card game.

They copy smash brothers for Showdown and they can’t copy Gwent or Hearthstone for this bullshit and make it fun?

Viskod on
  • Options
    Viskod wrote: Β»
    I hate this fucking card game.

They copy smash brothers for Showdown and they can’t copy Gwent or Hearthstone for this bullshit and make it fun?

I mean, they copied Triple Triad and made it pretty dang good in my modest card gamer's opinion.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Tips for Joustus Success:

1. Ain't no shame in Cheats.

More seriously, since Joustus is a game of near-perfect information, I recommending focusing less on securing gems and more on reducing possible choices for your opponent; each House of Joustus has a Puzzle-Jouster that helps teach board-state evaluation, and most of those puzzles emphasize making plays that force your opponent into giving you the win.

Deck Building certainly has a role in Joustus Success, but that's more relevant in later matchups.