As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Slaad Bar

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited August 2019 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Slaad Bar

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Without the right hair, I found it stupidly hard to figure out that this was Gabe/Jim.

"What is this new AI guest character? Is it someone else who is competing with Jim and trying to impress him or show him up?", says my dumb brain.

*reads news post*

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

dennis on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    iOR6NYO.jpg?1

Enlong on
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Tangent to the tangent:

I found it probably disproportionately funny the other day when I heard someone derisively say that swans are "just fancy geese".

dennis on
  • Options
    John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    Without the right hair, I found it stupidly hard to figure out that this was Gabe/Jim.

"What is this new AI guest character? Is it someone else who is competing with Jim and trying to impress him or show him up?", says my dumb brain.

*reads news post*

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Me too; I've only ever seen Jim drawn as Jim.

I like how you can also tell that PAX is upon us - news post up at the same time as the comic and minor art changes between the panels to save time.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Is this a subtle homage to Frog from Chrono Trigger? Not sure if it's just my nostalgia brain, but seeing that last panel went straight there.

Also this comic rules.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    The title suggests it’s instead a D&D reference, to the Slaad family of monsters.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular

*reads news post*

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

There was fan art of Jim like this last year, and Mike and his wife liked it so much they made a new costume for him. There was even a comic about it, asking if his wife liked it so much he took the costume back home for ..... reasons

• Options
    The Ninth GuardianThe Ninth Guardian Registered User regular
    I also thought it was Chrono Trigger, and had to look up what a Slaad was.

• Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    Glad I am not the only one who thought of chrono trigger here.

• Options
    Moridin889 wrote: »

*reads news post*

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

There was fan art of Jim like this last year, and Mike and his wife liked it so much they made a new costume for him. There was even a comic about it, asking if his wife liked it so much he took the costume back home for ..... reasons

Nah, no goatee and not enough eye shadow.