As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[SWTOR] A new chapter is out

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    So the next phase of the public test server is up. If you're a subscriber, you can play on it. This time around there's a new achievement that'll get you a neat thinger.

There are two phases to it. There's the current phase, and then there'll be another phase of testing with the next build. All you have to do is five group activities now (warzone, flashpoint, operation, whatever) in the current phase and five more in the next phase and voila! You unlock...

Kai Zykken's Error Log.

Yes.

It's basically Kai Zykken's Unparalleled Log with a few extra doodads added to the model. Also, while it's a mount, not a toy like the Unparalleled Log, it doesn't actually increase your speed at all.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    Curious... if I subscribe for a month and make, say, a twi'lek character... and then unsub a month later, do I lose the ability to play that character?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    Curious... if I subscribe for a month and make, say, a twi'lek character... and then unsub a month later, do I lose the ability to play that character?

Nope.

If you subscribe for a month you get to keep everything unlocked with that subscription. Including expansions.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    iirc the only thing you flat loose is any credits over the ftp cap, which get moved into escrow and come back when you resub or buy them out via coins

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Subscribing for a single month is the best way to upgrade your status permanently, IMO.

Right then. Time to sub, roll up a twi'lek and and a mirialan and whatever else, just to have them on deck. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Right then. Time to sub, roll up a twi'lek and and a mirialan and whatever else, just to have them on deck. :lol:

Wait a little bit

Expansion coming out 10/22.

If you are subbed when that drops you get the expansion for free along with Nautolans.

edited August 2019
    Rchanen wrote: »

Wait a little bit

If you are subbed when that drops you get the expansion for free along with Nautolans.

I think I read a thing that if you are subbed any time between Sept 1st and then, you get the nautolans for free?

Edit: Yep, here.

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Rchanen wrote: »

Wait a little bit

I think I read a thing that if you are subbed any time between Sept 1st and then, you get the nautolans for free?

Edit: Yep, here.

True, but not the expansion.

Might as well get the extra play area etc.

edited August 2019
    Fair enough. Though if I like the game enough to need more play area beyond the base game, I'd probably keep my sub running anyway for at least a couple months.

edit: yeah, took the leap. Moved my sub funds for September from eso to swtor.

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Fair enough. Though if I like the game enough to need more play area beyond the base game, I'd probably keep my sub running anyway for at least a couple months.

No don't do it. Once you start down the dark path forever will it dominate your destiny.

I hear there's pink lightsabers... how can I resist that kind of temptation?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Yes...yes join us in fashion and together we shall rule the runway!

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    I favor the purple and black crystals myself, but I can totally make my ensemble coordinate effectively with someone going full fuschia in group content.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I favor the purple and black crystals myself, but I can totally make my ensemble coordinate effectively with someone going full fuschia in group content.

Don't worry, we don't live in the 60s - it's no longer necessary to coordinate your lightsaber and shoes with the rest of your outfit.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    Cambiata wrote: »

Don't worry, we don't live in the 60s - it's no longer necessary to coordinate your lightsaber and shoes with the rest of your outfit.

... why would you not? :o

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Yep, this game is quite fun. I'm a bit miffed I never gave it any attention before. I'm still on the first planet (level 11) but I foresee sticking with it a while. And I'm mentally planning future characters.

Also, I'm highly amused that my togruta uses her hood as a lekku warmer.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Okay, so I had just left the first planet and was wandering around the Republic Fleet area, learning the area, checking all the vendors, stuff like that. Then my character somehow got a disease? Rakghoul infection or something like that, according to the icon? She started coughing periodically and then just kind of *exploded* all over.

WTF happened and why? And how do I make it not happen again?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Okay, so I had just left the first planet and was wandering around the Republic Fleet area, learning the area, checking all the vendors, stuff like that. Then my character somehow got a disease? Rakghoul infection or something like that, according to the icon? She started coughing periodically and then just kind of *exploded* all over.

WTF happened and why? And how do I make it not happen again?

This is related to the rakghoul event, which ends today. You can prevent it from happening again by getting a rakghoul vaccine from one of the fleet medical vendors. But you will have to re-apply the vaccine if you die at some point. Though like I said, no more infections are possible tomorrow when a new event starts.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    I found a vendor selling the vaccine, but he wants a rakghoul DNA sample for it and, of course, I don't have of those.

How did I get infected, though? I was just walking around minding my own business.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    I found a vendor selling the vaccine, but he wants a rakghoul DNA sample for it and, of course, I don't have of those.

How did I get infected, though? I was just walking around minding my own business.

People went to the rakghoul tunnels on Alderaan, got infected from the rakghouls, then traveled to the fleet and waited until the infection caused them to explode. When they exploded, you were infected.

They do this because there are achievements related to infecting people.

I hate people.

I found a vendor selling vaccine for 2k. So yay for that.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Yeah I don't even know which vendor requires a rakghoul DNA sample... most of them just need credits.

First flashpoint mission... that was loooong. I was not expecting that. Gonna have to be sure I have sufficient time bookmarked for doing those in the future!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    First flashpoint mission... that was loooong. I was not expecting that. Gonna have to be sure I have sufficient time bookmarked for doing those in the future!

If you mean esselessesssssssss that's the only one that's quite that long. Most of them are shorter than that.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    The first FPs for both sides are made that way to make the best impressions for FPs in general, especially now that they have a solo-mode. You won't deal with a story-intense FP like that again until the 'Act 2' ones which form one big story among four FPs split into two for each faction.

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Owenashi wrote: »
    The first FPs for both sides are made that way to make the best impressions for FPs in general, especially now that they have a solo-mode. You won't deal with a story-intense FP like that again until the 'Act 2' ones which form one big story among four FPs split into two for each faction.

Also no other flashpoint has as many dialog options (and thus not so many social points) as Esseles/Black Talon.

Shadowen on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I stumbled across these line of webcomic strips based around the Sith Warrior. Had a good laugh over this one.
    h7p29Ay.jpg

Think I'll roll up a Rattataki bounty hunter. But hmmm... I have no idea what Rattataki names are like. Let's consult fantasynamegenerator.com which has a "SWTOR Races" section.

Oh.

Thanks fantasynamegenerator. That's slightly more useful than having my cat walk across the keyboard.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    I have no regrets with my Rattataki named Judge Judy.

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    I have no regrets with my Rattataki named Judge Judy.

If that title existed, you could be Judge Judy, Executioner.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
    I got to this moment and I'm sold. This was the "I want to play a togruta jedi" game I was hoping for.

<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    I got to this moment and I'm sold. This was the "I want to play a togruta jedi" game I was hoping for.

<3

Gotta live that lekku lyfe to the hilt.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    I convinced one guy at work to play this instead of WoW Classic.

Then I fell into my own trap.

This game is still pretty fun

edited September 2019
    Had to take a break from lightsabering all the bad guys to death.

So I rolled up a mirialan scoundrel. Now I get to shoot things in the face and practice my snark. Also, stealthing around is ridiculously fun.

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    edited September 2019
    Three members of an FP (who were apparently grouped in queue or at least friends or whatever) told me my character's outfit was ugly and they wouldn't heal me if I didn't change it. They wouldn't drop it, either, they talked about it for the rest of the FP.

Turns out this troll pisses me off way more than all the "lrn 2 play" and "stop queuing" bs that I see in pvp. Like I got super mad at the mean girls shit. I tried to figure out why, and I guess it's a couple of things: 1) I spend a lot of effort looking at different outfits and trying to figure out what looks best on my toons and 2) I actually spend some time cloths designing outside the game, too, and I've been complimented at my sense of color and style, when discussing my own creations. So unlike my tanking skills or dps skills, this is something I care about in the real world and so it was extra shitty. Oh added bonus, they were throwing around the word "toxic" like it was a joke. "Sorry to be toxic, lol"

Anyway, the edgelords in question are all active in the NiM community, apparently, which means I could potentially find myself in a raid with them in the future. I'm wondering if I would be able to explain why I won't raid with them if it comes up. I'm actually currently doing NiM raids with a raid leader who is a bit of an edgelord himself, but he's at least ok with being called out on it. Maybe I could just say, "I have a one edgelord per raid limit."

Edit: Here's the "ugly" outfit in question for the curious -
    Dv9lIyD.png

Cambiata on
    Speaking as someone who is known to spend more time in games playing dress-up than actually playing... the outfit is awesome and those people suck.

Also a good example of why I just play solo. >.>

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    As someone else who spends a lot of time in dress-up, trying to get companions to match, etc etc:
    Not my taste (though I do somewhat like the contrast between top and bottom, with the gloves fitting more with the latter), but it's not my character, and I'd certainly never suggest (let alone follow through on) not supporting them in gameplay for something so petty.

Commander Zoom on
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Shit, > 50% of the outfits I see aren't to my taste, especially the hordes of butt-floss ones. That doesn't matter though, as long as you aren't being an asshole. That person was being an asshole.