As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX West 2019 Forum Badge Thread

• kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Cypher3754 wrote: »
    It's an interesting idea to personalize the badges. I'd like to request mine be Master_Cypher (or Cypher for short). It's my gamertag.

The front of the badge has a space to write your name on it and on the back are the names of everyone who contributed to the design. It's not logistically possible for me to have a unique badge printed for every forum member.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    Looks like an amazing badge!!

Do you have all of the badges you've made framed at your place somewhere?

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • Croatian SensationCroatian Sensation Registered User regular
    Once again these badges are amazing!

• BluemeaneBluemeane Registered User regular
    kropotkin wrote: »
    It's an interesting idea to personalize the badges. I'd like to request mine be Master_Cypher (or Cypher for short). It's my gamertag.

The front of the badge has a space to write your name on it and on the back are the names of everyone who contributed to the design. It's not logistically possible for me to have a unique badge printed for every forum member.

I think what he means is he wants his 'forum name' to be different than what his actual forum name is in the section at the bottom of the back.

I feel this is out of the intended idea of the badge (No one will know that is the same person if they ever go to look, as it isn't their Forum member name) , but that is up to your discretion.

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX!
  • MrSaucyPastaMrSaucyPasta Registered User regular
    When my badges arrived, I noticed a blank space on the front with a marked outline. Is this for the forum badge?

• anettie76anettie76 OregonRegistered User regular
    When my badges arrived, I noticed a blank space on the front with a marked outline. Is this for the forum badge?

That has zero to do with the forum badge. The forum badge is a completely separate badge for show and other people on the forum here would recognize. It doesn't relate to the Bobcats at all.

5fac6ex5bpmi.jpg

• Sgt.MaysSgt.Mays Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    anettie76 wrote: »

That has zero to do with the forum badge. The forum badge is a completely separate badge for show and other people on the forum here would recognize. It doesn't relate to the Bobcats at all.

What he said, that spot is for free pronoun stickers that you will be able to get somewhere (merch booth i think or info booth).

Gaymer, Nerd and Fan of Freeman's Mind/Half-life/GTA/Red Vs Blue

Attended: East 14, 15 and West 16
    Attending West 2019
    We always get queries about PAX passess (bobcats) in this thread at some point :) I'm tempted to call them something else, but why mess with tradition?

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• MrSaucyPastaMrSaucyPasta Registered User regular
    Sgt.Mays wrote: »

What he said, that spot is for free pronoun stickers that you will be able to get somewhere (merch booth i think or info booth).

Okay, good to know.

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular

If you're talking about these pronouns, they are official Pinny Arcade pins and are not free. But considering how most people buying a set only want 2 of the 4, it's pretty easy to get these without purchase.
    set_pronouns.png

• CielCiel Registered User new member
    Both designs are great, but I'm sad I missed the chance to vote for #2. I guess this means I have to go to PAX East next year (: Awesome work, kropotkin!

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2019
    YoungFrey wrote: »

If you're talking about these pronouns, they are official Pinny Arcade pins and are not free. But considering how most people buying a set only want 2 of the 4, it's pretty easy to get these without purchase.
    set_pronouns.png
    Those are the pins, but there are stickers available which is what is being discussed. I believe the stickers *are* free, at the info booth. If one already has a pin, they could put it there though.

And also, like was said, that is for the official pax badge (ticket to get in). This thread is about the forumer badge which is just a fun way to show other attendees that you are a user of these forums, and get a cool design in the process. Has nothing to do with admission.

zerzhul on
    edited August 2019
    Here is the revised version of the back of the badge, which I have modified to address the points raised:
    b63i93c62jz7.png

Also here is this year's questions that will be asked at the BYOC desk if you pick up a forum badge from there:

Click on the spoiler button to reveal the questions:
    1) Name ONE unofficial PAX West community event/activity:

* Cookie Brigade
    * Pre-PAX/Post PAX Board Game meetup
    * Tri-Wizard Pub Crawl

2) Who made the Forum Badges?

Kropotkin [Pr: KRO-POT-KIN]

3) What is written above the PAX Community crest?

Welcome Home

4) Name/Handle of a PAX Forum Moderator?

zerzhul

5) What is the theme for the PAX West 2019 forum badge?

If EA made the Forum Badge

6) What is printed on the back of the forum badge?

List of names of forum members who have contributed to its design.

7) What theme was almost chosen for the PAX West 2019 forum badge?

Dark Souls

8) There is a group of PAX attendees that give out crunchy and sweet foodstuffs and takes voluntary donations for the Childsplay charity during PAX. What is this group called?

The Cookie Brigade

9) Where do you collect the forum badge during PAX West?

BYOC desk (you're standing in front of it). Yes this is a meta question :)

10) Name the four colours in the shield of the PAX community crest?

Red, Blue, Orange and Yellow.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• CasaiCasai Los Angeles, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Thanks for doing this once again, looking forward to it! 🙂

• SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Thanks for another great badge, kropotkin!

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    I support this endeavor. (Hey, it's tradition, right? :) )

PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
    The final versions of the PAX West 2019 Forum Badge are now complete:

FRONT
    dhxn9ejsbw0a.png

BACK
    2sd01vbqgdu1.png

You will be able to collect these are the front desk of the Pre PAX Board Game Night at the Sheraton from 4pm onwards or from the BYOC registration desk at 12pm on Friday 30th August up until 4pm on Monday 2nd September. The BYOC registration desk is located in the Annex, just below the Expo hall entrance to WSCC.

Remember, if you see someone wearing a Forum Badge, say hello to them. Also if people ask about them, explain how they came into being. As for me, I'll be wearing it from the time I reach Seattle and it is worn with my media PAX Pass as I am repping for Cane and Rinse.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Cypher3754Cypher3754 Registered User regular
    I am curious if I might be able to use a cheat sheet when it comes to the test questions? I am horrible at tests...

• AlphonsisAlphonsis Registered User regular
    I've fumbled the quiz a few times over the years. The great thing is there's no limit on attempts (modulo the patience of the one doing the quizing.)

vhkbviT.png
    I am curious if I might be able to use a cheat sheet when it comes to the test questions? I am horrible at tests...

Apparently this is frowned upon by the Enforcers on the BYOC desk, but my argument would be the fact that you have a cheat sheet shows that you visit the forums. You could try that; also state that this is vouched as valid by the badge's creator.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Being aware of the badge was acceptable proof at a certain location last year. :D

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
    h32wvc2b691x.jpeg

As you can see the Forum Badge came out pretty good this year. Thank you all for helping make this happen.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Captain Ironsides Captain Ironsides Registered User regular
    Looks awesome.

zpv0bcg8hta5.jpg
  • RiDERiDE the WORST! Hotel CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Looks amazing! Hopefully there will be some left by Monday :D

"Try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damned fool about it."
  • cbelleviecbellevie Registered User regular
    Sweet, looks great!

I missed last year, but it seems like a lot fewer badge names than in past years that I have participated.

• RiDERiDE the WORST! Hotel CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    cbellevie wrote: »
    I missed last year, but it seems like a lot fewer badge names than in past years that I have participated.

That's because the only people left on forums like these are old people; the kids have all gone to Snapchat

"Try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damned fool about it."
    RiDE wrote: »

That's because the only people left on forums like these are old people; the kids have all gone to Snapchat

Are you calling me old!?!!?!

(I am.)

• bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    RiDE wrote: »

Are you calling me old!?!!?!

(I am.)
    I'll make room for you on the lawn so we can yell at clouds together? :P

PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
    Forum Badges have now been dropped off at the Pre PAX Board Game night reception desk. This is the only way you can pick them up without having to answer a question!

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

Forum Badges have now been dropped off at the Pre PAX Board Game night reception desk. This is the only way you can pick them up without having to answer a question!

Guess I'm walking my happy ass over there before going to bed tonight.

zpv0bcg8hta5.jpg
    edited August 2019
    Apparently I missed you guys. Guess I'll just pick it up at BYOC.

Captain Ironsides on
    zpv0bcg8hta5.jpg
    Apparently I missed you guys. Guess I'll just pick it up at BYOC.

Yes I had to pick them up at around 8pm as I was getting hit pretty hard with jetlag and had to get back to my hotel or pass-out.

All of the forum badges are now with BYOC registration desk and will remain there until 4pm on Monday 2nd September

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

edited August 2019
    Got mine at BYOC earlier. Haven't seen anyone else with a badge.

Captain Ironsides on
    zpv0bcg8hta5.jpg
  • anettie76anettie76 OregonRegistered User regular
    Got mine at BYOC earlier. Haven't seen anyone else with a badge.

I saw one person, but didn't catch them to say hey. I will continue to watch for others. Happy Paxing!!

5fac6ex5bpmi.jpg

Another PAX West comes to an end and with it the tally of Forum Badges that were collected.

17 badges were left behind, out of a total of 50. This means 33 people were wearing Forum Badges during PAX West 2019. Not a huge number, but as social media continues to take its toll on forums like ours, it should not come as any surprise.

Thank you all for making this continue to be a thing.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

edited September 2019
    Another PAX West comes to an end and with it the tally of Forum Badges that were collected.

17 badges were left behind, out of a total of 50. This means 33 people were wearing Forum Badges during PAX West 2019. Not a huge number, but as social media continues to take its toll on forums like ours, it should not come as any surprise.

My pleasure, thank you for doing this. I look forward to seeing what you come up with next year.

Captain Ironsides on
    zpv0bcg8hta5.jpg
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    The number has gone down over the years unfortunately but I'm glad to still be among those who picked one up. This is my 19th forum badge, and hopefully not my last! Thanks again for continuing it.

NSw0gum.png
    Thanks for another great forum badge!

• S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Thanks again for keeping the flame alive @kropotkin ! <3

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular

I am complete shame. I missed my usual pickup time at the Sheraton board game night, kept telling myself to hit up BYOC and kept forgetting!!! I'm so sorry to miss out on this Kropotkin. Thank you for all your work on this awesome project.