As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures] Finn is a Big Deal

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Does anyone have a link to some high-res scans / images of the X-Wing 2.0 tokens?

...Ended up making my own with an iPhone and GIMP. :D Not perfect, since I couldn't get the lighting exactly correct, but good enough for my purposes.

Shoot me a PM if you need them for something. :)

• SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    Snuck in a game with @crimsoncoyote last night.

I managed to electro-proton-bomb nearly my entire team. :P

• crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    It was a real fun game with shenanigans all around.
    Overall I think the biggest thing with the bomb was all the ions that went out. It made the following turn much more predictable. The disarms were less of a deal, but I think they gave Wedge another turn or two to live.

The craziest parts were the 8+ damage round against your Infiltrator thanks to a bunch of R1 shots, with Thane flipping up a Direct Hit that Wedge had just dealt (Thane and Luke were both stressed from a tallon+afterburner, so I wasn't going to be doing anything else with the focus I rolled). Then also Luke completely blanking out on 4-dice attacks.

It was real good getting ships back on a table. Looking forward to doing it again soon!

• SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    And then there was Luke "Great Shot Kid That Was One In A Million" Skywalker...

• R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I got in three more beginner goof games. We did an Escalation, then a threat level 5 Decimator vs a 2 Y-Wing and 3 X-Wing, then a 3-way last man standing , TIE Striker vs Y-Wing vs Firespray, all Threat 3.

I'm sure we garboed some rules, and I didn't win, and guys this is easily my favorite tabletop game holy crap give me all the ships directly into my veeeeeeins.

R-dem on
  • FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    I want to go on record to say I love Decimators in all their forms. Star Wars Galaxies, X-Wing, Armada, whatever.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I wish I could play this again

DarkPrimus wrote: »

Vaaaaaaasssssssaaaaaaaallllll ....

Or Tabletop Sim has a really good version, too.

Also, @Everyone Here, I think I've gotten together all of the all-in-one quickplay cards that I'm taking to my company gaming thing. Anyone interested in helping me find typos? :D

I can take a look!

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

No, I bought all these physical ships for a reason!

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

No, I bought all these physical ships for a reason!

To out on your desk and make pew pew sounds while moving them about? Not that I have any experience with that myself.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    So my Saw's Renegades will finally be here this week after a shipping hold up, and I'm thinking to run a 4 ship list with fewer upgrades, going with the Brothers Tubes and both Red and Gold Leader. That'll give me the Tubenanigans, Red's Focus ability, and Gold's target lock sharing. Downside is, I'll only be running Perceptive Co-Pilot on the U-Wing and Ion Turret + Veteran Gunner on the Y-Wing for upgrades.

In other news, when my Core Set came in, my X-Wing was missing a wing tip laser, and of course Asmodee got me taken care of and is sending a replacement X-Wing. In the interim, I found the laser and glued it on, and they said the replacement's already processing so it's still mine, which means I will now have 4 X-Wings, two weeks into playing this game.

I may have a problem.

edited August 2019
    Yep, now you need to buy more TIEs to match your X-Wings.

Edit: You know. Just so you have balance to the Force.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Yep, now you need to buy more TIEs to match your X-Wings.

Edit: You know. Just so you have balance to the Force.

Nah, X-wings have four engines so their force is easily balanced.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/8/28/lead-the-attack/

Republic Y-Wing preview is up at FFG.

Also Barnes and Noble is clearing out their stock of 1.0 ships. YMMV but I didn't see anything in the clearance bin that I couldn't get cheaper on Amazon.

oh h*ck
    Today's battle was a victory!
    I ran Saw (U-Wing) and Dutch (Y-Wing) with two vanilla X-Wings vs a TIE Striker, Advanced, and 3 LNs.
    My opponent set up the LNs in a wing on one side to try and flank me, but with Dutch's target lock sharing I was able to focus down the Advanced on turn 2 and the Striker on turn 3 before the LNs could even really get into range. The game ended with the U-Wing and one X-Wing at 50% hull and no other damage or casualties.
    Focused fire is your friend!

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Turkson wrote: »
    https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/8/28/lead-the-attack/

Republic Y-Wing preview is up at FFG.

Also Barnes and Noble is clearing out their stock of 1.0 ships. YMMV but I didn't see anything in the clearance bin that I couldn't get cheaper on Amazon.

The only X-Wing 1.0 stuff I saw today at B&N were a TON of U-Wings, some Jumpmasters, a single Phantom II and a bunch of Rebel and Imp Dial upgrades but I already have several of those upgrade kits. I thought about the Phantom II but I'd rather get the new Ghost with the improved model that allows physical docking.

Also I played a game last Friday after work.

I had Three Hyena Bombers and three Vulture droids, he had two Sith Infiltrators and two Bebbulbubs.

He conceded when he only had one Infiltrator left and I had two bombers and a vulture left, though afterward I told him he might have pulled it out. The 404 Hyena Bomber is disgusting and struts on everything is good fun!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Ooh, I may need to pick up more dial upgrades. Only got 3 rebels.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    For anyone who's interested, here's an updated version of the all-in-one Quickplay cards I've put together. Happy to hear any comments, criticisms, or (most importantly) typos you might find:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KLFTm_Bre8YuF_mvtFOUma_3D_RDGAJl/view?usp=sharing

For anyone who's interested, here's an updated version of the all-in-one Quickplay cards I've put together. Happy to hear any comments, criticisms, or (most importantly) typos you might find:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KLFTm_Bre8YuF_mvtFOUma_3D_RDGAJl/view?usp=sharing

I will try to check them out, but I do not make any promises. Mainly because I am going to be busy this week. But I just wanted to say that it is really cool that you made them!

oosik_betsuni.png
    Thanks! I mean, I'm hoping for some free labor, here, so I can't be too annoyed if no one decides to provide any. :D

Yep, I still have them open in a tab. I'll try to take a look when I get bored or waiting for a WoW queue ;-)

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

These are great.

A few points:
    • There's a vertical line on Captain Kagi and chewbacca
    • You should write "you may reroll one of the dice", not "one of the die". (E.g., s-foils, but singular correct on e.g. elusive.)
    • You have a superfluous comma after "decrease" on r4 astromech.
    • One of the academy pilots has a shield
    • I know it's a joke, but I would remove the hero line on academy pilots
    • I assume cannon fodder on phoenix means that they're in practice 1.5 threat each, since you get two for 3 threat?
    • You could add points in addition to threat? I know this can (and will) change, but could still be useful.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
    edited September 2019
    Oh, yeah - anyone looking at them, please ignore any of the vertical / horizontal light blue lines. They're there for alignment purposes and I'll delete them before printing. :)

@crimsoncoyote I uploaded a new version with a bunch of fixes and a couple new ships.

Thanks, @[Expletive deleted]! Great catches.

"Cannon Fodder" is what I called the "For 3 Threat, you get 2 of these" from the quick-build rules. Shows up for Phoenix Squadron A-Wings, upgraded Obsidian Squadron Pilot TIE/lns, upgraded Black Squadron Ace TIE/lns, upgraded Alpha Squadron Pilot TIE/INs, and upgraded Scimitar Squadron Pilot TIE/sas. (There might be a better name for it?)

In this case, these are going to be used by people who (largely) haven't played before at a company-boardgame-day-thing, so I'm looking to minimize extraneous numbers (like the build points; there's also the issue that some of the quickbuild options aren't legal when built with points, e.g., Darth Vader in quickbuild has both a Shield Upgrade and Afterburners, but by normal build rules he can only have 1 Modification).

Elvenshae on
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Last weekend in October is the local board game / miniature game / role playing game con (Hexcon). I've said yes to arrange an X-Wing event.

I was originally thinking tournament, but it doesn't have to be that. I have never arranged a tournament (of any kind) before, but there's a first for everything.

You guys have any thoughts to what I could arrange? Or, if it's a tournament, what I should do / not do?

• Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Lots of options, but I'll suggest a free for all grinder. Everyone starts with a wimpy ship and as they get blown up it upgrades or gets bigger. Points for kills.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/9/3/beautiful-destruction/

Looks like they are making themed damage decks for each faction. I do like that they are putting out more accessories this time around.

Also the playing card-sized damage decks are really great. So if you only have the mini cards, I'd recommend them!

So, digging into the Wayback Machine here, but ...

There was someone who was running an Imperial list during our frequent forum X-Wing leagues. They had an Imperial Academy Pilot who just would. not. die.

Does anyone remember who that was, and what that pilot was eventually named?

edited September 2019
    And quick reference pages ...
    ys27r636921a.png
    50c0kt5ggcox.png

ED: Tweaked.

Elvenshae on
    @[Expletive deleted]

I couldn't find the "one of the die" phrase you were referring to. Do you remember where it was?

• ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    I remember that TIE, but can't remember the name. Speaking of leagues, is anyone interested in another vassal league, or even "tournament"? It's been a very long time.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
    Nimbles

I couldn't find the "one of the die" phrase you were referring to. Do you remember where it was?

Upon further consideration, I think the use of "die" is correct. My bad.

Elvenshae, is your version supposed to be identical to the one on FFG's website? If so, Vader is missing his cluster missiles.

edited September 2019
    Elvenshae, is your version supposed to be identical to the one on FFG's website? If so, Vader is missing his cluster missiles.

I used the list from YASB 2.0, which doesn’t show Vader with missiles.

Late Ed: I haven’t checked if there are differences between them; if there are, I wonder why.

Elvenshae on

Late Ed: I haven’t checked if there are differences between them; if there are, I wonder why.

Check the ones on the FFG website. Vader is listed with reflexes, fire-control, cluster missiles, afterburners and shields. (And since that one is different, I'd check the others, too.)

I think they occasionally update the Quickbuild cards on the site? It's possible YASB2.0 doesn't really think about updating them.
    Or vice-versa.

edited September 2019

Check the ones on the FFG website. Vader is listed with reflexes, fire-control, cluster missiles, afterburners and shields. (And since that one is different, I'd check the others, too.)

So far, that's the only difference I've found through the Imp ships. Checking Rebels now - thanks for pointing it out!

ED: Wow. Lots of missing stuff for the Rebels. Including your friend and mine, Jake Farrell, Awesome A-Wing Guy, in his entirety!

ED2: New version updated with the Rebels all fixed and Vader got his missiles back.

Elvenshae on