As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW Classic] Launching on August 27th.

19495969798100»

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    my brothers are still on their summer holidays so they've played nonstop and are in their mid 30s

i'm there at level 26 with a full time job like cool thanks

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    my brothers are still on their summer holidays so they've played nonstop and are in their mid 30s

i'm there at level 26 with a full time job like cool thanks

Yeah once you hit 30s people in their 20s will catch up relatively quickly.

I can't remember which level I'm at but I'm somewhere in my mid 30s and it's definitely a slog at this point. I've been leveling fishing/cooking/mining/bs to my level which has also eaten a bunch of my leveling time.

But being one of the top 5 in the guild level wise I'm not in a rush to push myself to 60 asap as much as I thought I was. It's kind of lonely up here because you can't really run groups (not a whole lot of people are this level yet).

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Cthun *was* beatable... if you were on Blizzards internal dev computers back then. I'm leaning on believing Cthun was impossible in its first iteration due to internet technology of that decade. DSL was the mainstay and if you happened to live in a metroplex with cable or had the cash to drop in a coveted T1/T3 connection, you were moving pretty fast in those days.

Hell, a lot of people were still on dial up even in mid-2000's. it wasn't until smartphones in '08 did you start seeing speeds pick up and become cheaper due to increased data demands.

I was in vodka at the time, our best attempt was 2% before the hotfix. We all felt fairly confident that if we'd gotten one more raid reset we would have had it.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i think 30 is definitely the wall. i almost panicked yesterday because i was like "oh no... i have absolutely no plan once I finish wetlands"

that's really when things start spreading out and you have to start being creative in your grind. no one zone can sustain you all the way to 40 in the way that Redridge/Duskwood can just deliver you to 30.

On that note, I've successfully gotten to 28 without doing a single non-dungeon-related quest in RR/Duskwood. It's possible! It takes forever but it's possible!

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    I nearly reached 27 over the weekend. Probably gonna scale back on playing now but there are some fun instances coming up I’m excited to do.

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    exis wrote: »
    I think that just means that raid xp wasn't being correctly calculated.

Yeah they introduced a fix somewhere around the stress-test to address groups being unable to enter low-level dungeons in 10-man groups. It is absolutely intentional that you can 10-man small dungeons.

Regarding it being abused by streamers etc, meh. I don't really understand why anybody would care. If anything I would rather that extreme min/maxing is contained to dungeon instances where it can't directly impact the majority of players. I'd rather that than having these people out in the world camping/farming regular mobs which impacts others' ability to complete their quests. And I have still found plenty of normal dungeon groups not insisting on spell cleave or 10-man SM farming, so as far as I'm concerned everybody wins.

My concern with the shard xp farming isnt the xp, so much as what the effect of dropped loot is.

True, dire maul aint out yet, but I have to think there are certain boe dungeon drops besides the obvious ones hitting the market, and streamers get to auction it because their fans just give them stuff in the hopes of being a regular play partner.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Got sucked into this over the weekend. Spent a lot of time going back and forth between druid (main for most of WoW), paladin (blessings! Judgement armor! Neat healer! JUDGEMENT ARMOR), priest (Benediction!), and I think I'll roll with the hunter, at least initially. Easiest to level (after 10, kind of a slog atm), can be very useful in dungeons and there's a big difference between bad ones and good ones, and I'm gonna be fairly casual. Plus hunting down a rare spawn for a pet is pretty cool. It was my first 60 but I never tried Beast Mastery and think it'd be fun to rock that while leveling.

The only thing I don't like is that I don't have random buffs to throw on other people, which is something I greatly enjoy on the healers.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I tried several times over the weekend to get the elite orc redridge stuff done, in the big castle? Also killing the wizard dude in charge of the gnolls. But the lag yesterday combined with the high ass respawn rates made it too much of a pain. Eventually the quests were just yellow and I wanted to move on, so I abandoned them. It's like 8000 exp though so maybe I'll go back to it when they're green? I dunno.

I've got some of the highest level stuff left in Duskwood too, but I'm definitely planning on finishing them. I really like that zone. For now I'm catching up with everything in Wetlands for some essentially free exp.

27.5 and I've kept Leatherworking/Cooking/Fishing going the whole time. I can make a couple of cool things with LW; it feels more impactful on my leveling gearing than Engineering was back in the day. I can tell I'm going to miss my Everlook teleporter and easy access to the good ammo, but Skinning is so much less irritating than Mining was. Every once in a while I'll run across a field of skinnable corpses and just have a field day.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    doing instances feels great again, that's my favorite part, even with non guildies people don't just bail (usually)

We did have someone bail on our bfd run because we had to wait on a boat... I can't imagine the dps found a replacement group before we all got there.

I had to bail on a DM run the other day because my baby was screaming at 1am and my wife came in the computer room to tell me "your turn".

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    doing instances feels great again, that's my favorite part, even with non guildies people don't just bail (usually)

We did have someone bail on our bfd run because we had to wait on a boat... I can't imagine the dps found a replacement group before we all got there.

I had to bail on a DM run the other day because my baby was screaming at 1am and my wife came in the computer room to tell me "your turn".

That's fine, we literally just invited him and I was waiting on the boat in menethil to get to darkshore to fly to bfd.

I think he said "that's too long" and bailed and then ~8 minutes later we were in the instance. I like to imagine that he waited hours to find another group to take him. Needing to bail because you got aggro is nbd.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    i think 30 is definitely the wall. i almost panicked yesterday because i was like "oh no... i have absolutely no plan once I finish wetlands"

that's really when things start spreading out and you have to start being creative in your grind. no one zone can sustain you all the way to 40 in the way that Redridge/Duskwood can just deliver you to 30.

On that note, I've successfully gotten to 28 without doing a single non-dungeon-related quest in RR/Duskwood. It's possible! It takes forever but it's possible!

Not questing is entirely what I plan on doing.

This guide is basically where I got my battle plan from

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbRXBu1PSPA&list=FLG5GfJARpFhlH_rQ3qIQqNw&index=2&t=0s

I want to do it past 40 though because that is actually when the questing gets rough. Maybe I will quest through Tanaris because I think that was one of my favorite zones for it as the routes were comfortable. Then grind the hell out of the dungeon there as that place is freaking amazing for EXP.

This discussion has been closed.