As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] Railjack off to a great/buggy start

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    I have literally never had anybody complain about anybodies choices or damage when doing tridolons

I've complained before, but only when I got someone on a tridolon who clearly hadn't ever even done the Teralyst, and was incapable of taking instruction (like, "Okay, you need to go get a Lure, then kill Vomvalysts" or "Ehh, actually, Excalibur really isn't the guy you want for this fight, for many reasons, unless he's very specifically built around Exalted Blade, and then you'd better be really good at aiming that ranged attack... oh, I see, you... aren't built for that. At all. ")
    is this where I once again offer to train people on Tridolon and Profit Taker? Because I am now swole enough to do that, and if you want to do the Traditional Group (aka Chroma Trinity Volt & either Harrow or Oberon) I can bring any of those guys too. I still want to get said Void Strike so I can just say "nah" to the shields, but yeah.

I might take you up on that. Currently I do neither, because the performance anxiety, it is strong. (Yesterday I wound up in a duo on Ropalyst and, well, it's good that one of us knew what the hell we were doing.)

Sweet. If you're on tonight sometime before 11 PM EST, I'd be happy to do that. We'll need two more people. I have to go to the dentist rn, but afterward I can do a quick

I wrote this guide for the Teralyst for some of my Tenno protegees; it goes into mostly the Standard Comp, but hopefully it also explains the main mechanics pretty well. All three Eidolons share this same basic attack pattern, it's just that Gaunty has giant fuckoff laz0rs that instant kill Lures if you don't have some kind of healer or protector person, and Hydro just vomits AoE DoTs everywhere and also can make himself invincible with vomvalysts summoned via purple portals.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MZUKKdbz_6IfF125TEa5pSjDqcDUl5F-LZ4O-c6fjfo/edit?usp=sharing

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Thanks. I'll tell you right now, though, tonight is not good for me; so please, make no plans. I'll be in touch.

• Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Warframe's started an anniversary event for XB1 players. Logging in gets you a free cape, weapon skin and Forma via an in-game letter while you can visit the Market to pick up a new Glyph and palette for a credit each. There's also an alert to get a couple of free bobble-head statues based on the Jade Excalibur and Rhino skins and another weapon skin. Not a bad haul in all but the weapon skins are for a pair of anniversary weapons that apparently aren't attainable themselves right now. Someone in announcement post at the WF forums said players may have to wait till March to get those which is kinda weird.
    I'm pretty sure I got those noggles when I picked up Prestige Pack XIV, but I'd stab a man for more customization options, so this is great.

On that topic: I absolutely swear that I didn't spend platinum on it, but I somehow ended up with the Kyroptera syandana and golly does it look good on Mirage Prime.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Warframe's started an anniversary event for XB1 players. Logging in gets you a free cape, weapon skin and Forma via an in-game letter while you can visit the Market to pick up a new Glyph and palette for a credit each. There's also an alert to get a couple of free bobble-head statues based on the Jade Excalibur and Rhino skins and another weapon skin. Not a bad haul in all but the weapon skins are for a pair of anniversary weapons that apparently aren't attainable themselves right now. Someone in announcement post at the WF forums said players may have to wait till March to get those which is kinda weird.
    I'm pretty sure I got those noggles when I picked up Prestige Pack XIV, but I'd stab a man for more customization options, so this is great.

On that topic: I absolutely swear that I didn't spend platinum on it, but I somehow ended up with the Kyroptera syandana and golly does it look good on Mirage Prime.

It's very likely you did... the Prestige packs are uhm. not really all that prestigious.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”

It's very likely you did... the Prestige packs are uhm. not really all that prestigious.
    I mean, maybe? Thing is, I bought the pack when it was on discount, and the kyroptera syandana (which only appeared in my inventory the other day) wasn't part of the bundle.

Currently Playing:
  • kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    Thanks. I'll tell you right now, though, tonight is not good for me; so please, make no plans. I'll be in touch.

Anytime you see severenn on in game, and want to try them out, just say so in alliance chat. You can use any frame or gear setup you like, and need do nothing but be there to experience the fight. The strat can be explained entirely either before or after the fight.

It's really easy once you see how it's done and so have a frame of reference for the explanation, and can totally be soloed with any number of frames. Feels intimidating at first but quickly becomes as run of the mill as most missions get.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Maybe some of you more tech savvy peeps can answer me this. I get anywhere from 150-210fps on my orbiter, yet it still doesn't feel as smooth as some of the Warframe videos I've watched. Why is this? Is it just my imagination? Or maybe my mouse hand is twitchy? Or is it actually less smooth?

My specs are:
    i7-8700K
    32GB DDR4-3000 memory
    GTX 1080Ti
    A 64GB SSD and 1TB HDD (I think Warframe is on the SSD, but I'm not sure and I'm at work so I can't check)
    Oh, and a pair of 20" 1600x900 5ms response time + 60Hz refresh rate monitors

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Can you lock FPS in Warframe?

No point in having over 60 fps if your monitors are 60 Hz, so I'd lock it to 60

Maybe try turning off Motion Blur if that is on?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »

Nice, reminds me of early days of Lord of the Rings Online and me doing a bunch of John Dowland lute pieces and Bach transpositions and earning a shitload of in-game cash faffing around in Inns.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »

https://youtu.be/phRAResvcA4
    This one is actually playable. If you practice a lot.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    edited September 2019
    Turambar wrote: »

I'll try locking my FPS to 60 and see if that helps, and also fiddle with motion blur (I think everything except vsync is turned to the max).

Would getting a 144hz monitor help any? I don't want anything real huge, but if that would help things look smoother I might see what I can find.
    edit: something like this?

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Gotta say, I like this cosmetic that came out with the new Prime Vault stuff (which I box due to Second Dream spoilers).
    99sAUF8.jpg

I think I might buy the $20 pack that comes with this, a Liset Prime skin and some Plat. If you wanna see more of the suit, the guy that put up this picture put up a gallery for it here.

I wore the legs for a while.

The arms were assymetric so I passed. Symmetry is beautiful, why must they continue to deny it?

Huh. I have a terrible monitor on a fantastic system, so maybe I should try that out.

• SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    144 refresh is quite noticeable. You can also get something that supports FreeSync or G-Sync, depending on your video card.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    Saldonas wrote: »
    144 refresh is quite noticeable. You can also get something that supports FreeSync or G-Sync, depending on your video card.

Yeah, I'm looking at another monitor that supports G-Sync (that monitor I linked apparently only gets 144hz if you use the dvi cable, and I don't even have a dvi port so nix that one)

JtgVX0H.png
    edited September 2019
    WOW OKAY SO

Anybody with serious issues with body horror? You might not want to watch the latest Nightwave video.

@Commander Zoom not only were you extremely super duper 100% correct, but this is a bit WAAAAAAAAAAGHGhdflgjalsdfkj even for Warframe.

*edit* OH BOY THERES A NEW THING CALLED EMMISARY DERELICT DEFENSE well at least we can just SHOOT all these Infested flkjadfldjslf

*EDIT 2*

AyEWFTK.png

Lucid_Seraph on
    oh yay

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Hit both special nodes once each for the sake of seeing them, gonna hold off on the ole grind until the poopsockers have figured out if there's anything worth hunting drops on or if it's just a source of rep.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Darmak wrote: »
    Maybe some of you more tech savvy peeps can answer me this. I get anywhere from 150-210fps on my orbiter, yet it still doesn't feel as smooth as some of the Warframe videos I've watched. Why is this? Is it just my imagination? Or maybe my mouse hand is twitchy? Or is it actually less smooth?

My specs are:
    i7-8700K
    32GB DDR4-3000 memory
    GTX 1080Ti
    A 64GB SSD and 1TB HDD (I think Warframe is on the SSD, but I'm not sure and I'm at work so I can't check)
    Oh, and a pair of 20" 1600x900 5ms response time + 60Hz refresh rate monitors

make sure you don't have a browser open on the second monitor, especially one with video. windows does funky stuff to split resources even with massive specs
    edit. i also had to unpark my cores for warframe, was super annoying hitching untill i did

kralizecc on
    In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Hit both special nodes once each for the sake of seeing them, gonna hold off on the ole grind until the poopsockers have figured out if there's anything worth hunting drops on or if it's just a source of rep.

Since DE releases all the drop tables it shouldn't be too much of a mystery on what those new nodes have.

steam_sig.png
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Nightwave narration:
    It was standing room only! Bodies pressed to bodies, a great, overheated mass
    Nightwave visual:
    10 people in a room 30 yards across.

steam_sig.png
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Has DE talked about when Saint of Altra will hit console, yet?

I'm chomping at the bit to go fast as hell on Xbone.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

I'll try locking my FPS to 60 and see if that helps, and also fiddle with motion blur (I think everything except vsync is turned to the max).

Would getting a 144hz monitor help any? I don't want anything real huge, but if that would help things look smoother I might see what I can find.
    edit: something like this?

Yeah, with how good your computer is, you should definitely consider investing in a 144 Hz monitor

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    Man, whatever graphical engine tweaks DE made in the update today is good enough that I was definitely noticing the difference. Arca Plasmor shots alone had me gawking.

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    ironsizide wrote: »
    Man, whatever graphical engine tweaks DE made in the update today is good enough that I was definitely noticing the difference. Arca Plasmor shots alone had me gawking.

Per the prime stream they apparently pushed some graphics tweaks that weren't ready in the previous update.

Minimap looks a little better too.

steam_sig.png
    My login bonus yesterday was a 75% off coupon. I'm on Xbox so no cheap platinum for me, so my current thoughts are:

Battacor - I've heard good things about this gun.
    Orokin Reactors - Tasty potatoes for my hungry frames.
    A new landing craft - the Scimitar looks so good.

Thoughts/recs?

Currently Playing:
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    I really wish we could resize the map

50433.png?1708759015
    Looking forward to to burning out some Emissary derelicts this weekend. Cleanse them with the purifying flame.

"And this is why you never, ever trust or bargain with or listen to the Infestation."

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    My login bonus yesterday was a 75% off coupon. I'm on Xbox so no cheap platinum for me, so my current thoughts are:

Thoughts/recs?

do you have all the annoying to farm for frames? like ivara and mesa

PiptheFair wrote: »

Thoughts/recs?

do you have all the annoying to farm for frames? like ivara and mesa
    I built Mesa Prime so I'm not planning to farm up the regular version until/unless I have nothing else to work on.

I only have 1 Ivara BP, though. Good suggestion.

Currently Playing:
    Yeah, don't use 75% off plat coupons for weapons if you don't have all the frames yet. As Ivara doesn't have a prime yet I'd second maybe getting her... or Hildryn (Exploiter Orb seems to rarely MM in my experience).

there are a few incredibly awful to farm frames
    ivara
    mesa
    atlas is easy to farm but takes an extremely shitty quest with bad rng to get to
    harrow kinda sucks to farm
    nidus is pretty annoying

Oh my God the beginning of the Atlas quest is dumb. I have killed so many juggers, no BP for the thing I need.

Currently Playing:
    Oh my God the beginning of the Atlas quest is dumb. I have killed so many juggers, no BP for the thing I need.

I am in the several hundred with no bp

I have 700 hours in this stupid game

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Khora is the worst farm

steam_sig.png
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Khora at least has the bonus that ESO is great for grinding out levels on things, as well as focus.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Khora at least has the bonus that ESO is great for grinding out levels on things, as well as focus.

SO. ESO does not give you Khora parts.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
This discussion has been closed.