As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem Three Houses] happy goddamn deduesday my dudes

WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPEDRegistered User regular
edited April 2020 in Social Entropy++
At0vVOR.png?1cVgsPQj.png?5

Hubert and Dedue are the vassals of Edelgard and Dimitri. One of them is cacklingly evil. One of them is a wounded stoic steeped in tragedy. Both of them would burn the world to advance the cause and safety of their beloved leaders.

Put these two polar opposite twins together, and you get... Squat! They don't support with each other! This is horse shit!

(Hilda would have been part of this OP but didn't want to put herself out there for Claude—"I'm not that attached to him")

Let's talk about Fire Emblem: Three Houses

dN0T6ur.png
Whippy on

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Hubert and Dedue are the exact opposite iterations on the same archetype and it is a crime that they can't support with one another

It would be them staring silently staring at each other, then Hubert would smirk and Dedue would grimace.

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Wyborn and I had a fun few minutes comparing the S support ending images

Overall the guy students are well and above better than the gal ones

I really like Lindhardt's

Felix and Ferdinand's made me laugh

Gilbert turned into a Harlequin cover???

Petra's is really nice

Wish this artist would go a little bit more defined on the noses in a lot of these

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Felix’s is one of my favourites, it’s hilarious (his whole S-rank is, really). But I do really love Linhardt’s, too, and it was a sweet surprise when I S-Ranked him.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Almost universally it's the chin that is so starkly different from the in-game portraits and throws the rest of it off.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Big S-ranking spoilers from those pictures
    Sothis? I did see her option was marked as ??? when I finished Crimson Flower, but I wasn't sure what would happen if I picked it and definitely was going Edelgard that run already

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I'd like to see a fight between Dedue and Hubert

Except it wouldn't really be a fight since Hubert had already poisoned Dedue beforehand

But Dedue would get back up because there's no way he would die while Dimitri still needed him

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    It was extremely likely greyed out for you, anyway. From my understanding it's something you have to go pretty far out of your way to do, and is potentially only possible with an amiibo in NG+.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Damn, and here I was thinking about a NG+ joke for the new thread title. Ah well!

• Options
    Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    Has male byleth also an super easy recruit able character or is that just an fem byleth thing ?

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    It was extremely likely greyed out for you, anyway. From my understanding it's something you have to go pretty far out of your way to do, and is potentially only possible with an amiibo in NG+.

Apparently you can often click on it despite it being greyed out.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »

Petra's is really nice

Wish this artist would go a little bit more defined on the noses in a lot of these

Raphael picking you up is the best goddamn picture

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Damn, and here I was thinking about a NG+ joke for the new thread title. Ah well!

What was the joke

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Has male byleth also an super easy recruit able character or is that just an fem byleth thing ?

Just female Byleth.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Janson wrote: »

Just female Byleth.

So you need to get Mission Assistance if you want a 10th early on?

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular

What was the joke

Something like "We Finished One Thread, Now Do a New Thread + Run"

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    hubert should stop shaving his eyebrows

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    i'll be honest I still think it's pretty weird you can S support Flayn and Cyril. They aren't as skeevy as the worst stuff in Awakening and Fates but they still make me go um hrm huh.

• Options
    Petra is like 44 days older than Lysithea, who is only like 2 months older than Cyril.

• Options
    and yet you still can't gay smooch Claude

• Options

but then he loses the element of surprise

• Options

Hubert has eyebrows, it just looks like they're forming a tangent with the top of his eye socket. That's not a wrinkle, he's just very meticulous in his grooming and shaping

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    What I enjoy about Dimitri’s canonical super-strength (see: supports with Mercedes, Raphael, Felix B-Support, that random NPC who’s heard that Dimitri can lift a horse with one hand) is that it not only has a story reason, and isn’t just a comically impossible trait played for laughs, but it’s borne out in his crest power causing heavy damage to his weapon.

And (Dedue A-Support):
    It explains how he was able to withstand so many blows on Dedue’s behalf and save Dedue’s life.

Janson on
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    My original draft for the OP was actually framing a discussion about which House Noble Boy is the worst: Ferdinand, Lorenz, or Sylvain

I stopped partway through when I realized, no, that argument could get real bad

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    It's actually Felix.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    My original draft for the OP was actually framing a discussion about which House Noble Boy is the worst: Ferdinand, Lorenz, or Sylvain

I stopped partway through when I realized, no, that argument could get real bad

it's probably sylvain, because he knows what he's doing isn't right but that doesn't really stop him much
    It's actually Felix.

felix is just vergil to sylvain's dante. yup.

Naphtali on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    i like this game but there is not enough man kissing
    ):

• Options
    It's actually Felix.

Why?

Genuine question, especially if you’ve played Blue Lions Act 2.

• Options
    Honestly because he doesn't ultimately give a shit about doing the right thing. The others all generally do. Felix talks a lot about how he has no use in a world without war.

• Options
    I'm very early in Blue Lions but Felix seems a lot more morally principled than most of the people around him, including/especially Dimitri and Dedue

It's just that his morals include "I will kill people with a sword," which puts him pretty comfortably within the mean for this series

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    I like Felix quite a bit! He has good supports. Which is why I have now stolen him from Dimitri

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Felix and Petra on the same team is basically unfair to your enemies, they're unstoppable as all Hell. Especially if you get their Authority up high enough to use their respective themed Battalions—Petra with +20 Avoid is just silly.
    ):

One of the really weird things about this is that some of the supports you can get as Male Byleth can definitely be read as romantically coded. Like, the A support with Hubert? God damn.

And! You can get some paired endings that are easy to read as homoromantic, involving characters that aren't available for Byleth to pair up with
    Like Hubert and Ferdinand's paired ending, or Caspar when he's paired with Linhardt, or Petra when she's paired with Dorothea

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Sylvain x Felix is my OTP for this game

really love those two

• Options
    Felix and Petra on the same team is basically unfair to your enemies, they're unstoppable as all Hell. Especially if you get their Authority up high enough to use their respective themed Battalions—Petra with +20 Avoid is just silly.
    ):

One of the really weird things about this is that some of the supports you can get as Male Byleth can definitely be read as romantically coded. Like, the A support with Hubert? God damn.

And! You can get some paired endings that are easy to read as homoromantic, involving characters that aren't available for Byleth to pair up with
    Like Hubert and Ferdinand's paired ending, or Caspar when he's paired with Linhardt, or Petra when she's paired with Dorothea
    Sylvain and Felix have the gayest ending possible for any of the student a-ranks

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I'm afraid M!Byleth just isn't hot enough to smooch them bois.

Hubert and Felix swipe left. Although the idea of anybody dating Hubert except maybe Edelgard is kind of laughable to me. Dude is committed to like one thing.

Gundi on
  • Options
    Felix’s motivations are built around being strong so he’s able to protect those he cares about. He’s actually a lot less fond of killing than most of the other characters (this is mostly seen in A-supports) and he detests chivalry and the knights for how much they glorify and revere death. He trains and is largely obsessed with the sword because he doesn’t really know any other way of life.

• Options
    Hubert x Ferdinand is totally a thing

• Options
    edited September 2019
    There’re at least two FE bloggers I follow who were also very much turned off by Felix’s female character supports and I’m so glad it’s not just me.

Also, it was in the tweet thread, but here’s the full version of that anime Blue Lions opening someone created; big spoilers for Blue Lions Chapter 9/10, though.

Janson on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »

Petra's is really nice

Sylvain and Felix both have a really threatening energy here

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Felix's supports can basically be summed up as "This isn't killing someone with a sword I don't understand this."

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    If Hubert and Dedue paired would they be called Hudue or Dedbert

Moriveth on