As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Salt Always. The Queen Is Dead (Skadi)! Long Live The Queen (Castoria)!

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Very likely! When I went a year ago there were signs for it inside and outside of the arcades that had it, but that was when it was new. The signs might not still be up, but it won't be hard to find.

Bring loads of 100 yen coins, you'll need them.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Okay so Artoria Lancer is not negotiable for a 5 CE 3T clear in the qualifiers. Dropped down to 4 CEs and I'll just have to go harder in the main fights. Luckily that one has a Berserkalot/Drake setup that I can use with only a little bit of RNG

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I'm still grinding out bronze medals atm here (the minimum being 600 for CE+fou, but... so much I want from them).

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Bring loads of 100 yen coins, you'll need them.

My coin purse reads "Shit Tons of Cash" and buddy, it ain't lyin.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Muscle Cavalier has to be one of the single best CEs in the game from an art standpoint.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Ugghh...grinding this with zero CEs is not going to be fun at all.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I feel like I should mention it because he wasn't an option last year. Sherlock breaks the Siegfried challenge quest in half.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    She may have been an option last year, but I don't think I had her fully skilled...

Punch Saint is hilarious on the first one (Twelve Labors). Taking a guts off with every punch.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    She may have been an option last year, but I don't think I had her fully skilled...

Punch Saint is hilarious on the first one (Twelve Labors). Taking a guts off with every punch.

Yeah. Used my lvl100 Punch Saint on him last year with the Damage CE and some slingshot buffing. It was pretty funny.

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    I have 125 golden apples ready, but I don't have as much time for farming as I would want to have. I just finished farming medals for 4 shop CE's and luckily I've already got my fifth one from random drop, so I already MLB it. Together with support Waver that already has it, I can farm lotteries with + 4 petals bonus (+5 if I will manage to get another drop soonish).

Sadly, Im working overtime this weekend, so I will not be able to farm like crazy. I wonder if I will even be able to use all my apples before the event ends...

Currently, Im managing to finish the Helena + Holmes fights in 4 turns, with Imaginary Something Arash, Support Waver, MLB Sumo Raikou and Chocolatier Lancer Artoria.

• Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Ugghh...grinding this with zero CEs is not going to be fun at all.

Well I can three turn everything. Just, using a lot of 5 stars with Kaleidoscopes. Not that I have any event CEs to use, but...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    I forgot I have both Merlin and Waver now. I have ascended to nuking the final mission with the plugsuit and a ludicrous amount of buffs on a friend Raikou.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    I haven't been trying the final mission yet because I'm still grinding medals for the shop CEs :P

• Options
    I got all the CEs, I figure I'll grind out a bit more for materials and the Fous later. Right now I mostly want skill gems, really. All of the free exp and QP is just a bonus.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Whelp. Time to go into full Loto grinding tomorrow. Shop cleared (minus the Golden Fous) and 10 boxes completed. Only gotten one CE drop so far, but at least it allowed me to MLB. Hope I get more.

• Options
    I think Im not even gonna bother with shop if I do not have any medal drops CE's, lottery all the way. So far I've opened 16 boxes, Im planning to have at least 60 before event ends.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I'll have enough quartz to roll on the banner with the 800 day gift, so hopefully I pull some medal CEs. For now, Gorgon and Scathach with Three Legged Race makes pretty quick work of the current lottery node.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Well, fooey. I never noticed my Zerker Fran wasn't at +1000 ATK. Whole lotta damage I've been missing.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Also, keep in mind coming up we have Merlin's return banner and the Choose a 4 Star (Non-Limiteds only, but includes Story Locked) really soon.

• Options
    Helena is super stingy with the CE drops. 40 boxes worth of petals and she's only given me one

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Madican wrote: »
    Helena is super stingy with the CE drops. 40 boxes worth of petals and she's only given me one

40!? How is it in the petal mines? Are you getting enough oxygen down there?

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    Madican wrote: »

40!? How is it in the petal mines? Are you getting enough oxygen down there?

It's pretty nice actually. I'm not going nearly as hard as I could be and taking frequent breaks. Alternating between battle inputs and playing XC2. Just got to Chapter 3, two rare Blades so far.

Having a reliable 3T setup really helps, but I won't be able to use a 5 CFM setup until Main begins in half an hour

• Options
    NP4 Orion with MLB'd damage CE up for grabs to laugh at Spartacus if you want on my support list for today.

If you want some help obliterating him into paste that is.

• Options
    Double Merlin buffed NP3 Saber with limit broken CE just hit the double lancer challenge for about a million damage each. That felt nice.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    NP4 Orion with MLB'd damage CE up for grabs to laugh at Spartacus if you want on my support list for today.

I went looking for that support, and somehow you're not on my friends list anymore. Don't know how I managed that. :bigfrown:

Friend request resent. Can I has Orion pleez?

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options

I went looking for that support, and somehow you're not on my friends list anymore. Don't know how I managed that. :bigfrown:

Friend request resent. Can I has Orion pleez?

Oh whoops. Didn't read this post earlier. Sent a request back.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    25 boxes done so far, only one CE drop.

Sigh, this is goin to be a long event...

Asthariel on
  • Options
    Asthariel wrote: »
    25 boxes done so far, only one CE drop.

Sigh, this is goin to be a long event...

Ya'll are way ahead of me. Spent this 4day knocking out errands and long projects for half of it.

And yeah, it goes until 2100 PST on the 11th.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Whew. Shizuka took a couple tries. That third form is no joke, even if the first two are somewhat easy to counter. I ended up punching her final form to death with a tanky Crit Ruler. Elementary, My Dear.

Apparently Okita is really good on this fight (video). Too bad none of them on my friend's list had the Damage CE equipped.

Edit: Come to think of it. MHXA would have worked exceptionally well here. Adjusted my support for today's challenge.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    I confirm MHXA dumps on her. She has the Quick NP so she can kill on Turn 1 of Form 1, then she doesn't care about class affinity on Form 2 and kills that in a Brave Chain + a little more. After that it's just stacking the debuffs if you can keep her alive or just rely on your own last slot DPS.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Up to 50 boxes worth of petals plus 10 from the ones I already opened. Ozymandias was once again very generous this year and granted me enough CE's to enable +7 petal drops. I've got 82 gold apples left along with 94 silvers (effectively 47 golds) so I'm just trying for ten boxes a day. Haven't tried grinding medals or done CQ's yet, I'll have to look at the shop and figure out if I want to do any medal farming this event or just stick to petals since boxes are so good.

Waver now has the MLB Cheer For Master up in the Support slot. If anyone has requests where to move the damage CE, currently sitting on Amakusa, let me know.

• Options
    I was wondering where all the challenges that require bullshit setups with specific characters and CEs had gone. Guess I'm not getting that ticket from Arash.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I was wondering where all the challenges that require bullshit setups with specific characters and CEs had gone. Guess I'm not getting that ticket from Arash.

Dude, all it really requires is your free Irisviel, or someone else's on support. Keep her alive and keep using her NP, by having your front line be her and two arts/defensive supports. You were playing the game at the time. You should have her. Plus people have her up on friends lists.

Cu's are also useful. Protection From Arrows + Guts.

Also, a final slot Herc w/ Bond CE or Nero w/ anything in the final slot secures it.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Yeah, there is no 'bullshit setup with required X' for the Arash challenge. How often he crits is annoying, but the solution to this puzzle is to simply figure out how to get more Guts rezzes into play than he does. Irisviel is the most obvious solution to that, but we also just got an event CE with Guts on it, and knowing that if you're down to 1 servant, any Guts activation on your side ends his attack chain. That's why Cu can be good - Evade eats the previous turns attacks, Arash's last NP goes off, Guts saves the day. Or Nero, with her triple rez, or Herc and his bond CE in the last slot.

The anniversary blonde Mystic Code lets you Guts a servant too. There are a lot of options for how someone with your resources can try and approach this.

• Options
    Nerofest report: 26 boxes opened, I have enough petals to open 20 more. I still have 90 golden apples, there is no way I will be able to use them all up, so I guess their remains will be for next lotteries.

Fortunately, yesterday I've got 2 more CE copies, and today a third one. Now I only need two more to MLB second copy of event CE for additional petal drop bonus.

• Options
    Yeah, there is no 'bullshit setup with required X' for the Arash challenge. How often he crits is annoying, but the solution to this puzzle is to simply figure out how to get more Guts rezzes into play than he does. Irisviel is the most obvious solution to that, but we also just got an event CE with Guts on it, and knowing that if you're down to 1 servant, any Guts activation on your side ends his attack chain. That's why Cu can be good - Evade eats the previous turns attacks, Arash's last NP goes off, Guts saves the day. Or Nero, with her triple rez, or Herc and his bond CE in the last slot.

The anniversary blonde Mystic Code lets you Guts a servant too. There are a lot of options for how someone with your resources can try and approach this.

There's also a second method to beat him: Stacking damage reduction on your party and NP damage down in him. Stacking Mash, Nightingale, Kid Gilgamesh, Asteros, etc. NPs, Defense CEs, and huge Defense skills like Tamamo's 60% Morph will also let you survive Arash.

In all, it's a rather easy but clever challenge quest that almost anyone who's been playing the game for a bit will be able to do... they just might need to think for a couple mins.

• Options
    Do You Love Your Mom and Her Seven-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?

iqdsA6j.jpg

Why yes. Yes I do love my mother, her Noble Phantasm, and her two excessively and massively large... Buster Crits.

• Options
    TenekTenek Registered User regular
    I finally got STELLA! down. (Pro tip: You may have heard somewhere that Mash can solo it. This is blatant lies, the RNG will destroy you if any one of a half dozen things go wrong. -.-)

Lineup: Nitocris / whatever, Mash / Chaldea Lifesaver, Cu / Chaldea Lifesaver, Liz / Chaldea Lifesaver, Support Merlin / whatever, Nero / Divine 3LR. Basically just have to keep the front line up until the second Stella (uses Cu's last Guts and kills the other two). As long as Nero comes out after the third Stella and you have one evade/invincible she has enough Guts to soak the last five turns by herself. Herc works for that too and I think I ended up with one more life than I needed.

Nero Bride should be hitting Bond 10 soon, too. Just a few more boxes ought to do it, leeching off the ones who actually clear it.

• Options
    Divine you say!?

Lq4LP8l.jpg

Needless to say, there wasn't even a single atom left after Martha vaporized them with her fists.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    IMO, best support to grab for Karna+Arjuna today is a Raikou if you can. With a little support, she'll chew through most of their HP on her own.

XNnw6Gk.jpg