As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem Three Houses] happy goddamn deduesday my dudes

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Hey to be fair Felix also likes cats and opera

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    More important than anything Felix likes

He hates Dimitri

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I wouldn't say Felix hates Dimitri.

Even having not played the Blue Lions path it seems more like he's disappointed in Dimitri.

• never dienever die Registered User regular
    Having done two full playthroughs, a character I didn’t expect to love from a combat perspective but have used as both a mainline fighter in my BL playthrough and as a reliable backup in my BE Crimson Flower playthrough is Ingrid. Both times she has been a reliable dodge tank who can still take a couple of hits when she has to, but also dishes it out with both physical and magical damage (through blessed lance and levin sword). She was my overall mvp for my BL playthrough.

Having beaten the Crimson Flower path, my god (chapter 17 +18 spoilers):
    I found the 17 map to be the hardest map in the game that I’ve done. Especially if you don’t know the gimmick ahead of time of Dedue and others turning into Demonic Beasts, and it being a guessing game of which units it will be. Then, Rhea and her lion giant robot creepy ass things charging in, with Pegasus Lord reinforcements and Dark Knights just being the worst to all deal with at once.

By comparison, chapter 18 wasn’t that bad. Accepting I was gonna take some fire damage To take out the aforementioned robots wasn’t too bad of a trade off, and Shamir, Bernie, And Byleth slaughtered the Pegasus knight reinforcements with bows. And Cyril went down from me dropping Byleth on him. In comparison, dragon Rhea was super easy to kill compared to human Rhea. Break her armor with gambits, a round of dropping her health while stunned, then more gambits during her high crit stage and some Amyr combat art abuse by Edelgard and she was dead.

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    never die wrote: »
    Having done two full playthroughs, a character I didn’t expect to love from a combat perspective but have used as both a mainline fighter in my BL playthrough and as a reliable backup in my BE Crimson Flower playthrough is Ingrid. Both times she has been a reliable dodge tank who can still take a couple of hits when she has to, but also dishes it out with both physical and magical damage (through blessed lance and levin sword). She was my overall mvp for my BL playthrough.

I found the 17 map to be the hardest map in the game that I’ve done. Especially if you don’t know the gimmick ahead of time of Dedue and others turning into Demonic Beasts, and it being a guessing game of which units it will be. Then, Rhea and her lion giant robot creepy ass things charging in, with Pegasus Lord reinforcements and Dark Knights just being the worst to all deal with at once.

By comparison, chapter 18 wasn’t that bad. Accepting I was gonna take some fire damage To take out the aforementioned robots wasn’t too bad of a trade off, and Shamir, Bernie, And Byleth slaughtered the Pegasus knight reinforcements with bows. And Cyril went down from me dropping Byleth on him. In comparison, dragon Rhea was super easy to kill compared to human Rhea. Break her armor with gambits, a round of dropping her health while stunned, then more gambits during her high crit stage and some Amyr combat art abuse by Edelgard and she was dead.

Crimson Flower Chapter 17
    I had an interesting time with this—the drama of Dedue's reveal, the transformations, all that shit was real good

When Rhea showed up I warped Edelgard at her just to see what would happen. She compared Edelgard to Nemesis, basically saying she'd kill her the same as she'd killed him, and then Edelgard hit Rhea so hard the archbishop basically exploded

Fun fact: if you take out Rhea, all the remaining Church forces disappear, no matter how many there are

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
    so what you're telling me wyborn is you missed out on exp

• aStoryAboutYouaStoryAboutYou Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Wyborn and I had a fun few minutes comparing the S support ending images

Overall the guy students are well and above better than the gal ones

I really like Lindhardt's

Felix and Ferdinand's made me laugh

Gilbert turned into a Harlequin cover???

Petra's is really nice

Wish this artist would go a little bit more defined on the noses in a lot of these

Linhardt and Catherine have the best of these by far. Dedue and Petra get honorable mentions.

aStoryAboutYou on
    oWv6S12.gif
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Dudebhert

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Felix, from the perspective of Part 1 Black Eagles:
    This is what I've been able to determine about Felix so far:

-He considers conflict to be inevitable, and that having enough strength to survive conflict is the most reasonable and useful life objective to prioritize

-As someone who is constantly fighting to hone is skills anyway, he feels at least some obligation to protect innocent people who cannot protect themselves

-He thinks obediance to superior officers/noble custom is a moronic value to hold

-He doesn't go out of his way to harass people he doesn't like or doesn't understand (i.e. almost everybody)

-He has absolutely zero tact when dealing with other people who choose to actively engage with him (Felix/Ingrid B rank, holy shit)

With regards to the last two, by contrast someone like Ferdinand is:
    - almost as tactless
    - arrogant enough to seek out people to subject to their tactlessness to "help" them
    - can eventually be educated out of that behavior through repeated negative reinforcement (Felix won't stop, but also won't come after you if you give up and ignore him)

My opinion might change over time as I see more of him.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    That’s a fair assessment of Felix and there’s not really anything elsewhere that’ll likely change your opinion on him!

If anything, Blue Lions only serves to make Felix more sympathetic.

That he doesn’t engage with and ignores people he doesn’t care for is a big plus, IMO.

I don't think I'd ever S-link Raphael but I think his S-Rank image is probably my favorite. He's just so happy!

...Also I wouldn't mind a big huge strong man cradling me in his arms.

I don't know if Edelgard's B support with Ferdinand is the most satisfying support in the game, but it has to be in the top 5, easy

dN0T6ur.png
    Wyborn wrote: »
    never die wrote: »

Crimson Flower Chapter 17
    I had an interesting time with this—the drama of Dedue's reveal, the transformations, all that shit was real good

When Rhea showed up I warped Edelgard at her just to see what would happen. She compared Edelgard to Nemesis, basically saying she'd kill her the same as she'd killed him, and then Edelgard hit Rhea so hard the archbishop basically exploded

Fun fact: if you take out Rhea, all the remaining Church forces disappear, no matter how many there are
    Huh, that would have been useful to know. Oh well. I ended up, after a couple of turns of Ingrid keeping her busy, one shotting her with Lysithea. She walked up, and was only supposed to weaken Rhea, and then just crit animation and boom. Which was great, cause Rhea herself had made me Divine Pulse about four times that fight.

Thinking about people's motives in Crimson Flower path:
    I like that every character is given good reason to join up with her, which you get by talking to them right before the timeskip. The one that surprised me the most, but makes a lot of sense, is Ashe's motivation. Dude was a young orphan taking care of two younger siblings and was taken in by an extremely kind man in Lonato. Then Ashe watched as his adoptive family was torn apart when Christophe, his adoptive older brother, was executed by the church for treason (and his real reason for execution being hidden and instead branded as one of the people who slaughtered Dmitri's family), and then his adopted father Lonato was caught in a power struggle between the two parts of the church and killed after he rebelled.
    Ashe has a lot of reason to hate the church that isn't highlighted in the same way as the others.

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    I think if Hubert and Dedue came to understand one another better even a little, they would recognize the threat they pose to their respective masters and try to kill each other immediately.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    Gundi wrote: »
    I wouldn't say Felix hates Dimitri.

Even having not played the Blue Lions path it seems more like he's disappointed in Dimitri.

Yeah, it’s more complex than hate.

And even in their B-support Felix softens somewhat (also that support actually nets Felix an exclusive sword, which is cool!).

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Felix/Dimitri - Felitri? Or Dimilex?

:|

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Ferdibert

Felix has strong pansexual energy it's true.

Also strong swordsexual energy.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Yeah Felix’s attitude toward Dimitri is not hate, it’s a combination of disgust at his behaviour and disappointment/frustration at his refusal to acknowledge and deal with the issue instead of pretending nothing is wrong.

He’s just extremely biting and aggressive with his criticism.

Blue Lions part 2
    As soon as Dimitri snaps out of his funk/rage and starts sensibly owning the responsibility for his past actions and attitude, instead of just moping in self-pity, Felix immediately stops calling him Boar

Veldrin on
    Oh, sorry, lest we forget:

Happy Deduesday, everyone

dN0T6ur.png
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Just finished Golden Deer 17 story battle:
    Edelgard, I have killed you (and Hubert!) no less than three times, and you keep escaping to return like Team Rocket next week. What the hell. Also, curious why she chose working with evil and a 5 year continent spanning war to get her way for whatever in her mind righteous cause she's championing. And also wondering if Byleth could've been a better influence on her and changed her choices.

Yo, writers, I get that you're trying to make him irrelevant in this campaign, but I did not buy totally mad Dimitri who gets murdered off screen. Claude wanted to help him! What the hell happened to Dimitri in the last 5 years to make him mad! Perhaps his campaign will shed light on the subject! But his campaign will also have Byleth to help him avoid madness, so will I ever truly find out what ruined this poor man?

It's probably because he has Byleth in tow, but Claude seems like the sanest of the three lords, and he's an atheistic naturalist hoping to make a borderless world!

Having not even completed one campaign, I'm pulling HARD for a DLC path where Byleth makes their own class with all three house leaders and they all kiss and love each other and band together to beat some cartoonishly villainous character who's the real corrupting force in the world. I'm a sucker for golden endings though. Leave tragedy to reality.

@silence1186 don’t worry, not only are your questions fully answered in Blue Lions but Dimitri actually manages to seem even worse in his own route. ;)

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I am going to (have to) lean hard on NG+ features to get through the other campaigns. I'm at 70 hours starting Golden Deer 18.

I am going to (have to) lean hard on NG+ features to get through the other campaigns. I'm at 70 hours starting Golden Deer 18.

Yeah, I’m at 210 hours on my 4th route so I’ll have probably averaged ~60 hours a route once I am done!

edited September 2019
    Wow Hubert is almost... nice(?) to Petra.

Gundi on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    it's the law that everyone has to be nice to petra

Petra might be the first person I've seen Hubert support with that he actually respects.

He likes Bernadetta, but that's mostly because he finds her morbid sensibilities absolutely hilarious.

Janson wrote: »

Yeah, I’m at 210 hours on my 4th route so I’ll have probably averaged ~60 hours a route once I am done!

I finished Azure Moon and Crimson Flower in 128 hours. I'm taking a break now, as I'm getting both simultaneously burnt out but also drawn towards doing a third playthrough.

Whooo in my Black Eagles run I took down the Death Knight in his second and third appearance without using even Lysithea.

The time in the Village was all Edelgard and it was hilarious.

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    All this Felix stuff is just why I will never A-rank Felix with anyone other than Sylvain

they're perfect for each other, it's adorable

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I kind of put Sylvain and Ingrid together in my mind. She's the childhood friend who pierces right through his playboy facade and he's at his most real around her because of it. Granted I've only seen their C-Rank Support to form this opinion but it was a pretty impactful one.

Ingrid deserves better than continuing to babysit Sylvain! Actually she’s ended up with solo endings in my games, dedicating herself to her dreams of being a knight, and I quite like that.

I think Sylvain would be the only person with whom I could see Felix entertaining any kind of close relationship.

I really like that Felix’s relic is a shield and not a weapon, it ties in with both his own words (that he fights to protect) and his solo Azure Moon ending.
    Gundi wrote: »
    Whooo in my Black Eagles run I took down the Death Knight in his second and third appearance without using even Lysithea.

The time in the Village was all Edelgard and it was hilarious.

For all the talk I’ve never actually used Lysithea to take down the death knight!

I’ve been playing on hard classic again this route and I’m really doing my best to use magic/mounted characters other than relying on a core group of close combat characters. I actually have Linhardt and Dorothea at over level 40 and Seteth and Ingrid are finally making themselves useful on their wyvern and Pegasus, but it took a fair amount of babying to get them there.

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    In a Blue Lions run I think I'd put Ingrid with Ashe.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Ingrid's paired ending with Raphael is great.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    All this Felix stuff is just why I will never A-rank Felix with anyone other than Sylvain

they're perfect for each other, it's adorable

Felix & Leonie is pretty good too

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    edited September 2019
    One thing I didn't expect out of this game, going into it

Golden Deer up to like Chapter 13 or 14
    is that of the three heads of house, Claude is the one who has dreams of running an empire

Not a "unite Fodlan and then form peace treaties with neighbors while ceding territory and full independence back to vassal states" empire like Edelgard, but a genuine, expansionist, "Fodlan, Almyra, Brigid, and Dagda will all be one nation" empire

His follow-through leaves something to be desired but you gotta respect the scope of the dream

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png