As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Assistance

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited September 2019 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Assistance

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    I get the general gist of the joke, but does anyone want to help me out on which actual game this is? Usually I can suss it out and supplement my meager knowledge of Today's Hot Trends with google, but there's very little to go on here.

Also, that pickle.

• swaylowswaylow Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    I get the general gist of the joke, but does anyone want to help me out on which actual game this is? Usually I can suss it out and supplement my meager knowledge of Today's Hot Trends with google, but there's very little to go on here.

Also, that pickle.

I believe it's Astral Chain given the police-blade and the chain.

I just saw Gabe sitting on the couch not paying attention, which is a nice touch.

swaylow wrote: »
    I just saw Gabe sitting on the couch not paying attention, which is a nice touch.

Oh, I had missed that as well. He's not so much not paying attention as distractedly holding up his arm which is somehow controlling the megabot that's opening the pickle jar with overwhelming force.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Yes, Astral Chain comic.

The Police Robot is chained to Gabe's wrist. There's clearly some sort of telepathic control between Human and Robot through that chain. I'm guessing the chain is probably astral. But that's just a guess. I haven't played the game.

• T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    This feels like an excuse to draw a Legion, and Gabe depicted it really well!.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Yes, Astral Chain comic.

The Police Robot is chained to Gabe's wrist. There's clearly some sort of telepathic control between Human and Robot through that chain. I'm guessing the chain is probably astral. But that's just a guess. I haven't played the game.

The chain is astral. You control the beings from the astral plane with the astral chain.

• HevachHevach Registered User regular
    This reminds me of those ads you see for mobile games where there's two play sessions in parallel. On one side you see a dude in shorts poking a slime with a stick with the subtitle noob. On the other side a colossus of steel and hate wades through an ocean of foes with glowing swords and eye lasers and fire raining from the sky with the clear implication that you too could be that hate giant if you mortgage your house for loot orbs.

edited September 2019
    And on another view, I realize that there's drool coming down on the left side, rather than having had his (disputed) soul patch somehow cleaved in two.

dennis on
  • swaylowswaylow Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    swaylow wrote: »

Oh, I had missed that as well. He's not so much not paying attention as distractedly holding up his arm which is somehow controlling the megabot that's opening the pickle jar with overwhelming force.

Aha! Now it all makes good sense - I missed that he was holding a device too.

Better than my first pre-coffee take which was that a disembodied head was floating in the corner.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Did Gabe's astral robot complete the bottle cap challenge on that jar of pickles? That's the real question.

• TransluciaTranslucia Registered User regular
    good post today!

• ZealousShadZealousShad Registered User regular
    Why didn't he just open it with his penis?

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    T-Danger wrote: »
    This feels like an excuse to draw a Legion, and Gabe depicted it really well!.

yup

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Yes, Astral Chain comic.

The chain is astral. You control the beings from the astral plane with the astral chain.

It's kind of an astral pain to astral explain all this

• R.Z.R.Z. Registered User regular
    This strikes me as more of a job for the arm legion ...
    but I guess it's less cool to draw ?

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Tycho has 2 soul patches at the end

Tycho has 2 soul patches at the end

No, See above.