As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

i like to watch the tv

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I'm onboard with that casting

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    The clown joke has not been funny for at least a year

It was never funny and it's not getting reaction-farmed from me
    Gustav wrote: »
    I still would have been highly curious to see Poulter's take on the scary clown that eats children

That would have been cool to see and I'm kicking myself for having not considered that a possibility before now, that sounds really cool

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I'm rewatching Mission Hill

in the first episode, Kevin overhears his elderly gay neighbors arguing about the new condoms one of them bought

and it reminded me of how a friend of mine overheard his mom having the same argument with one of her many boyfriends when he was like eight or ten

at one point she allegedly said "you idiot! these'll never fit!"

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    So...Galad or Gawyn?

Oh wow this is the angriest some fantasy names have made me in a while

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular

I still would have been highly curious to see Poulter's take on the scary clown that eats children

That would have been cool to see and I'm kicking myself for having not considered that a possibility before now, that sounds really cool

Yeah back when Cary Fukunaga was directing, he was who they had cast. As much as I largely liked the movie I still wish we had seen his crack at it to be honest.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

damn, getting to be where a fella can't even make a purposefully dumb joke to amuse himself anymore

what happened to this place

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Man for real

Its just a goofy dumb bit that folks like

Going OH ITS REACTION FARMING versus, like, folks just enjoying themselves is a weird road to travel down

CYpGAPn.png
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I dont think people are reaction farming

It's just tiring

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    WHAT'S A GOOFY DUMB BIT?!?

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

damn, getting to be where a fella can't even make a purposefully dumb joke to amuse himself anymore

what happened to this place
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Man for real

Its just a goofy dumb bit that folks like

Going OH ITS REACTION FARMING versus, like, folks just enjoying themselves is a weird road to travel down

Damnit folks, I'm trying real hard but I can't stretch either of these into an excuse to post the Dune re-dub video...

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I dont think people are reaction farming

It's just tiring

Yeah it's like a thousand pages long

my position on jokes like this is "let people have fun"

they'll tire themselves out eventually

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    WHAT'S A GOOFY DUMB BIT?!?

I dunno Mori, what's a goofy dumb bit with you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LLQ39XhRwY

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    It.

so is this the bitcourse or the itcourse

aGPmIBD.jpg
    so is this the bitcourse or the itcourse

This is the ligmacourse.

• iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    So...Galad or Gawyn?

Well, in defense of the source material the names are evocative/derivative for a reason.

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    on the one hand, i love old jokes that refuse to die

on the other hand, i am part of an old joke that refuses to die and it's so tiring

i guess you could say i'm a regular natalie imbruglia re: this issue

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Actually I’m deleting this because it’s mean and you rule

rhylith on
    rhylith wrote: »
    on the one hand, i love old jokes that refuse to die

on the other hand, i am part of an old joke that refuses to die and it's so tiring

i guess you could say i'm a regular natalie imbruglia re: this issue

Don’t call yourself an old joke

you're not my real supervisor

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    As someone who must discuss the Stephen King book about Pennywise the Clown almost daily with students, to keep sane, there is a need to call the title anything other than the given name or else the conversations quickly become extremely confusing for all involved.

I am not joking.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Speaking of old jokes, how about *squints at teleprompter* Joe Biden

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Wait, Who is on first?

The It joke does replace the more distressing It conversational trope at least

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    Okay I keep asking people I know in real life but this may be a bit farther afield:

My family has always called the television remote "the buttons". I grew up thinking it was just a typical term, but nobody I've ever mentioned this to has ever heard of it.

Was it really just my family?

Mine did when I was very young, via my grandparents, but it's just "the remote, no not that one the other one" now

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Wait, Who is on first?

My boss says "who's on first" to reference confusion but clearly also has never seen the actual sketch and will just go "who's on first, who's on second, who's on third" and if you try to reference the sketch she'll stare at you in confusion. She's otherwise pretty on-it with cultural references!

It's a bit off.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    McFodder wrote: »
    Hyperdrive, episode 7
    made me angry. If you're going to decide after an obstacle wrecks someone car and sends them to hospital in an ambulance that it's too dangerous and you probably shouldn't wreck people's cars, the person who's car was wrecked should not get eliminated.

I didn't get to the end of the episode before I had to leave for work, so I'm hoping they announce she gets a wildcard entry to season 2 if they have one or something like that.

Definitely finish the episode.

iguanacus wrote: »
    So...Galad or Gawyn?

Well, in defense of the source material the names are evocative/derivative for a reason.

Dammit I had successfully banished that knowledge from my mind, apparently.

I'm pretty sure I'm entirely avoiding Carnival Row solely because I read a review with the character names in it.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I need you guys to picture me like Lucy on the chocolate wrapping line here re: responding to these posts

I'm pretty sure I'm entirely avoiding Carnival Row solely because I read a review with the character names in it.

I love dumb names, but something about Carnival Row's still rubs me the wrong way

I love dumb names, but something about Carnival Row's still rubs me the wrong way

feels like a harry potter name generator basically

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Wait, Who is on first?

My boss says "who's on first" to reference confusion but clearly also has never seen the actual sketch and will just go "who's on first, who's on second, who's on third" and if you try to reference the sketch she'll stare at you in confusion. She's otherwise pretty on-it with cultural references!

It's a bit off.

I don't know. I thought the movie was on point.

Wait, Who is on first?

It's a bit off.

I don't know. I thought the movie was on point.

motherfucker

• astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Definitely helps if I read all variations of this joke as if y'all had the voices of the Walk Hard version of The Beatles.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    2sq6w257363p.jpg

Steampunk guy on Forged in Fire

YaYa wrote: »
    I need you guys to picture me like Lucy on the chocolate wrapping line here re: responding to these posts

no

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Responding to random comments in the thread:

Mission Hill rules.

I work with a guy who won Forged in Fire.

Thank you for giving me one solitary example of another family who ever called them "the buttons".

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    We always called it The Clicker.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
This discussion has been closed.