As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Why do you play? You play because you played of course!

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Lord of the Rings is PROBABLY starting on the 9th.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Ultimecia is indeed tailor-made to beat Adamantoise. I may even be able to sub-30 the jerk if I sub in a Haste-giver with more damage potential than Edge. Gogo, perhaps.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    OK with mUSB and a wind artifact did fine for me. Capping with Meltdown almost immediately

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Heh. Right now Onion is a secondary attacker with Sage Unleashed. Would need to maybe put Fujin back in if I made him the buffer. It would give Elarra room to not use ACM, though...

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Chocobo Shop day, don't forget to grab your 2 mythril and assorted other stuffs.

I had forgotten to spend my stamina potions as well as buying the previous stock, I'm getting bad at keeping up. Oh well.

On a good note, Daily Hit today: Tyro's Healing Grimoire Unique. Neat, I never got around to picking it up via Anima Lens so now I won't have to.

That’s not bad. I have 3 of his USBs equipped, but I still hold onto Healing Grimoire in case I need an extra shot of healing and am not doing so by sending meter to a healer.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Enlong wrote: »
    Ultimecia is indeed tailor-made to beat Adamantoise. I may even be able to sub-30 the jerk if I sub in a Haste-giver with more damage potential than Edge. Gogo, perhaps.

I use Ultimecia Bubsy on my Adamantoise team, and it's absolutely great for that fight. Her Brave3 attack punches Adamantoise for 99999 even with the buffs up (along with Alphinaud CSB), and instant cast is always nice.

Also, Ultimecia has WHT 6* - use her to bring Hastega!

Darklyre on
    Yeah Ultemicia is pretty versatile. I can't wait to try her out again with her AASB + Seifer's Chain.

Btw holy shit is this real?!

Wonderous Relic Draw (gem only): 500 gems, select one Brave USB

for 5$? I'm in. I'm a bit obsessed with another Waifu Pull (Tidus). Man is it me or like Brave USBs had like a short life span? I probably missed out on when BSBs were relevant but I feel like regular USBs were top of the line for so long while BUSBs feel like they had like a 3 month lifespan before we found out about Awakenings.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    Brave USBs with overflow commands are very relevant for Odin, 5* and 6* magicites, and it seems like they will also be relevant for the upcoming fourth difficulty of Torment fights (which have been datamined to likely also have stacking rage mechanics). Some of the utility brave USBs are pretty good (Pecil's does both Last Stand and a big party heal between the entry and the brave command). And there are a few others that are randomly good (Vayne's has party instant cast).

There are certainly some duds, though (most of the ones that do a large number of hits rather than an overflow attack). And you'd generally rather have an Awakening or Synchro than any Brave USB.

Depending on the Bubsy in question, they’re still good. Of course, for some of them, the actual brave command almost seems incidental.

Like, Gogo’s Bubsy is great, but I must admit I get more mileage out of its instant buff than I do the mimicry.

I...have more Bubsy's than I thought!

Squall's: Before ASSB: On Syldra, that QC on entry was pretty handy! It also was pretty fun for Fire stuff every now and then but he did not make my magicite team.
    Vayne: That instacast was pretty awesome for my Madeen pre Chain and pre Ultemicia AASB.
    Arc: I...haven't used this one much.
    Ultemicia: nuff said
    Rinoa: gawdly. It's pretty straightforward but she's a beast. Well the earth one at least.

Those are off the top of my head.

I'm considering a healer Bubsy, like Y'shtola or Arc.

Wol is another consideration because he basically gives himself Thunder God Mode with his Bubsy, then you can use that for wrath/entrust spam.

edited September 2019
    I'm considering a healer Bubsy, like Y'shtola or Arc.

Wol is another consideration because he basically gives himself Thunder God Mode with his Bubsy, then you can use that for wrath/entrust spam.

...I had not thought of that angle for Wol. I just ended up using it as intended, as a Heavy engine.

I wonder if I could use it for super speedy Entrust shenanigans in the Deathgaze fight. It technically contributes to a Holy chain, and using the B2 command hits him with Armor Breakdown.

...ah wait, no. That would mean cutting Firion or Beatrix from my 3-Man Knight team. Or trying to roll without a healer.

...maybe, though? If I give Beatrix Hastega, take Fabula Priestess, and Entrust eternally to Ramza so he can use History’s Truth on repeat after his chain?

Enlong on
    also, save your mythril. Incoming Focused Chain Banner. And...new banners guarantee at least 2 5*? Well, at least it's better if you get two LMRs...

huh, I don't know why but these datamined leaks have kinda hyped me up for upcoming stuff!

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Not new banners, banner 2 of events will start having 2 5*+s in compensation for carrying the older items.
    I think it starts with FF7 event.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited September 2019
    Just because it guarantees two 5*, doesn't mean they will be different from each other. Or new. (though obviously your odds are better)

Also, I think so far the contents of banners with guaranteed two have been pretty awful; fewer 6* items, fewer/no awakenings. For example, JP's current VI event is

Banner 1: one Synchro, four Awakenings, one AOSB, one Ultra, four Glint+, two Glint, one LMR
    Banner 2: guaranteed 2+, three Awakening, three AOSB, one Chain, one Glint+, three Glint, three LMR

Fry on
    Bubsy list (might be out of date):
    Kain (okay, gives no jump time 2)
    Gogo (VI) - AWESOME (IC, party haste +a/m/r, braze mode is mimic 1-3 times). Just doesn't overstrike, so more "general" use.
    Vincent - fine, can be p or m
    Yuna - pretty damn solid
    Gabranth - alright. Makes him good with heavy combat, and he gets the free chain, too, right?
    Vayne - party powerchain and p/m? Hell yes.
    Lightning - fine. Kinda standard.
    Vaan - never actually used, but break focused so probably just okay

Fry wrote: »
    Just because it guarantees two 5*, doesn't mean they will be different from each other. Or new. (though obviously your odds are better)

Also, I think so far the contents of banners with guaranteed two have been pretty awful; fewer 6* items, few/no awakenings.

There was one banner 2 that was good for me, but it's because it had a chain I wanted. No luck, though.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Still its nice for me to fantasize about getting 2 relics for 50 blue instead of 1.
    Also I looked down on AOSB for a long time but with Odin out I wish I had more.

Anyone check out the autobattle updates yet?

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited September 2019
    @Jragghen I think he gets the free chain and he already is a Gen 2 Dark Chain holder.

I'm of two minds about this. If you have the extra bar it's pretty good but in this sub 30 world my CSB holders usually only have time to refresh Chains. Only when the incoming damage is real bad (like Phoenix) do I have spare SB.

lionheart_m on
    Did they really put the free chain on a chain holder? Obnoxious.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

38thDoe wrote: »

I was going to say that it wouldn't bother me if they gave a free chain to someone I already had a real chain for, but then I realized I just said how I was looking forward to trying Fran, and I would have zero use for a free Serah chain. Fair point

Yeah, that always annoyed me. Vayne would have made a LOT of sense, honestly.

Next two are Fran for Ice and Edge for Water, right?

Good grief, I just checked and I have 16 Bubsyses. I thought I had maybe half that.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    +1 for Catgirl Bubsy. That thing is amazing.

Upon review, I am surprised to discover I own exactly as many Braves as Awakenings (eight).

Guess which ones get used more often.

Jragghen wrote: »

Yeah, that always annoyed me. Vayne would have made a LOT of sense, honestly.

Next two are Fran for Ice and Edge for Water, right?

*grumble grumble*. They’re really making me wait on Earth. That’s he one I still don’t have, come on, gimme.

How do you sort by braves? Are you just checking all ultras?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

How do you sort by braves? Are you just checking all ultras?

Yeah, I've got my spreadsheet and from the stuff I enter, it's easy to tell what's a brave.

Oh, neat. Reddit discussion is noting that 6* magicite frequently have DEF/RES/MND buffs, so Faris brave might be a good choice.

And then someone noted that auron AASB has that, too, so I've got it covered, technically.

Can you really afford to bring someone who is off element just to dispel buffs?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Can you really afford to bring someone who is off element just to dispel buffs?

Probably not.

It'll work great for Shiva, at least?

Depends, it's at least nice to have the option. Most people can't afford the space for the break on their Syldra team, for instance. Faris can wrath Entrust when she's not doing that break.

Ultimecia also does that debuff with her Bubsy entry. So that’s an option for Titan and Alexander.

Got ramza's healing unique (dupe) in today's daily. Huh, third Daily Hit in a row, also third Unique in a row. Highly unusual luck for me.

Ok, so it would appear that honing abilities to R5 for Awakenings is acrually pretty significant.

Is it? What's the damage percentage gain?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Enlong wrote: »
    Ok, so it would appear that honing abilities to R5 for Awakenings is acrually pretty significant.

Really? I stop at R4...is the jump to R5 that huge?

It jumps from 20% boost to 30%

Numbers are 5-10-15-20-30

Basically, there's a REASON I just spent 8 stamina potions on power crystals.