As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel Strike Force] 3.3 out! Multi-select filters in roster! Also the Sinister Six.

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Is there any benefit to where I put my characters on a team? I usually just put them up randomly, but just saw a video where the player minded where everyone went.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    Is there any benefit to where I put my characters on a team? I usually just put them up randomly, but just saw a video where the player minded where everyone went.

Sometimes there is a benefit. Some characters have abilities that only benefit characters that are next to them.
    For example, Thanos has a thing where he will generate an energy for the adjacent allies anytime an enemy is dropped, as long as those allies have the Cosmic tag. So, it's best to have Thanos with a Cosmic person on either side (I like Yondu and Gamora, both are pretty easy to get early on).
    Or, there's the SHIELD Trooper, he'll automatically fire on any enemy that targets an adjacent ally, so he's a good one to put next to Captain America or some other tanker who's going to draw fire.
    Squishier characters like healers should probably be moved away from tanks to minimize splash damage or chain attacks getting to them.

Tell us who you're using and we'll see if there are any of these locational synergies to work with.

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    My best team is Defenders + Punisher at the moment. I am building a Kree team too as my second team, but don't have access to Minerva.

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    TheBigEasy wrote: »
    My best team is Defenders + Punisher at the moment. I am building a Kree team too as my second team, but don't have access to Minerva.

I put DD in the middle with IF and Punisher to either side. That way splash/chain hits targeted at guys people want dead tend to tag DD which get Punisher to counter.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    holy god they went and did it

you can select multiple filters in the roster now

and can sort by all kinds of shit now

Ceno on
  • Options
    Also have the details for the Rhino event.
    Looks like you need 5 City Villains to run the top difficulty.

Which is pretty nice, as that's the ninjas for me, two of which I've been dumping resources into for the Phoenix event later this week.
    Other choices include the Spiderverse villains and the mercs.

Also, sorting by Star Rank Progress is great. Puts the ones closest to ranking up at the top.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    holy god they went and did it

you can select multiple filters in the roster now

and can sort by all kinds of shit now

Favourite characters finally!
    No more forgetting to grind groot at the bottom of my roster

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    May have found a fun new bug. Selecting Winter Soldier for war is not showing him on the team, and the battle just sits at 99% never loading on my alt account, but doesn't seem to happen on my main. Maybe my tablet just sucks right now.

Edit: might be the tablet, other random characters won't load and can't get in to war.

Edit 2: Definitely crappy tablet being crappy. Seems to be working now.

Leeks on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    F4 and Namor on the way

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I've been trying to theory craft the Ultron F-U team as I try to get 5 peeps to Tier 13
    So far I got
    Ultron / Ultimas / Thanos / Venom / Carnage (or Minerva)

Just pure minions, buffs, heal blocks, and F*** YOUR TANK!!!!

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    You don't have to bleep out "fuck," this is a 14+ forum.

I got Shuri in the recent event so I'm trying to beef up my Wakandans. They seem like a good team who are very underused (hmmm) so I feel like they'll be good defenders in War, if attacking players aren't sure how to handle them.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I got Shuri in the recent event so I'm trying to beef up my Wakandans. They seem like a good team who are very underused (hmmm) so I feel like they'll be good defenders in War, if attacking players aren't sure how to handle them.
    More meta teams is always more better. They're pretty solid, requiring a Brotherhood or Power Armor team to counter (or bringing a much bigger gun to the fight).

• Options
    Anyone still playing this? How are all the other guilds going? We just had a few members leave Social Entropy++ so we have some space if anyone wants to join us. We’re making good progress through raids but we’re keeping it casual so if you miss a war or whatever, no biggy

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I'm still playing. My Alliance has clawed our way up to almost Silver 2 and my Defenders are getting ready to start Fear the Darkness.

I've still got a good vibe about the game. I'm not best pleased by the grueling release schedule for new characters the last few months and I'm not thrilled with how most of them remain unavailable any way except actual money, but I really love the Sinister Six and the AIM revamp gave me some terrific new contenders out of nowhere.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Which AIM characters should I use with Gravitron?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Which AIM characters should I use with Gravitron?

I believe the best lineup, left to right, is
    Security, Supreme, Assault, Monstrosity, Graviton.
    Monstrosity gives Offense Up to adjacent AIM units so you want him in the middle of your damage dealers

Dayspring on
  • Options
    Scientist Supreme is worth boosting hard, too, she's pretty vital to TechWing / U7.

• Options
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Anyone still playing this? How are all the other guilds going? We just had a few members leave Social Entropy++ so we have some space if anyone wants to join us. We’re making good progress through raids but we’re keeping it casual so if you miss a war or whatever, no biggy

How much room do you have? Westcoast is coasting along with like 8 members.

• Options
    We have 3 spaces, possibly 4 soon

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Yeah Social Entropy ++ has 3 open slots

• Options
    Just joined. Sorry Westcoast, I wanted to try playing with a full team.

• Options
    Are any of these sales worth it?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Personally I feel like the amount of real world money you have to drop to make any noticeable progress in this type of game puts me off from spending anything, regardless of if i want to support the developer or not.
    I think i dropped $1 on an orb pull a couple of times when i was fishing for a character in the run up to a legendary event but other than that, best stay FtP imo

• Options
    Normally, yeah. I was wondering about the Black Friday "sales." They don't seem much better to me

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    The character shard bundles can be useful if it's the difference between unlocking a Legendary or having to wait a few months.

• Options
    I allow myself $5 a month to buy gold orb sales or cores (since I spend 150 cores a day on campaign energy refreshes and sometimes I run out). It works well enough.

• Options
    My alliance has a couple spots open if anyone's looking for a home.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The money to effect ratio in this game has always been utterly miserable

Signed, Person What Spends Money On Mobile Games

• Options
    I don't want to spend money, butnhey, what's a buck or 10 here and there right? Until I get my bank statement at the end of the month.

I just want to play a game with no artificial pauses

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    For whatever reason I've been feeling like playing one of these types of games again. Not sure if I actually want to download it again though since I've burned out on this game twice.

What was getting me was that between 2 hour blitz, alliance wars, and however many raids were currently going on I felt like I was constantly tied to my phone. Is the game still as demanding of your time?

H0b0man on
    FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I usually just play for half an hour in the morning then open it at the bonus energy times and spend it quick.

After work I'll play a bit too, but just autoplay everything while watching tv.

Magell on
  • Options
    H0b0man wrote: »
    For whatever reason I've been feeling like playing one of these types of games again. Not sure if I actually want to download it again though since I've burned out on this game twice.

What was getting me was that between 2 hour blitz, alliance wars, and however many raids were currently going on I felt like I was constantly tied to my phone. It's the game still as demanding of your time?

I think my total daily time spent on the game is maybe 30-45 minutes. 15-20 minutes in the morning to do the dailies (start in arena since it has the 15 minute cool down), then 2-3 minutes near lunch to spend the energy boost on whatever goon I'm trying to level up, then another 10-15 on raids and spending the early evening energy boost. Late energy boost just gets fed into collecting shards for whoever's closest to getting a new star (and is farmable).

I don't think I've seen any 2 hour blitz runs recently, most run for a full day or two.

I'm sure I could spend more time in the game, if I wanted to do so (as well as wanted to start spending money on the game), but I don't really want to. The game will take as much of your time as you're willing to give it, so long as you pay for the privilege. Even with my free player status, I don't tend to feel under powered in the alliance missions.

• Options
    H0b0man wrote: »

What was getting me was that between 2 hour blitz, alliance wars, and however many raids were currently going on I felt like I was constantly tied to my phone. Is the game still as demanding of your time?
    Yes.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    eh, I can get most of my daily stuff done in probably about a half an hour spread throughout the day

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    Demands more time now with the War happening 3 days a week. With Blitz I do 16+ fights a day, I don't bother trying to do it every two hours. With raids I end up doing more then 10 fights in a day since there are normally two raids open. Arena I do between 2 and 5 fights, with War I got in 8 fights this time. So while it is only a few seconds at a time that eats up a whole lot of time. It is why I don't feel guilty about letting the auto control most of my raid and war fights, while I watch stuff/read threads/play other games/take the puppy outside.

In 10days we start a campaign that awards us Fragments that opens orbs that will have Heimdall Shards. Which means actually controlling my fights since I like to read the lore involved in those campaigns. At least until I three star the encounters and can just get the reward for using the energy.

• Options
    The daily reset is at 9pm for me now, so I knock out most of the daily quests right away, which takes like five minutes, maybe? My alliance doesn't generally aim for 60% on raids, so I mostly just burn through my energy once, which doesn't take more than like, five minutes. I only do two arena fights, since they're not really interesting and I'm not breaking into the next tier. I'll do more blitz fights if they're for something I need or want, I guess (I have Ronan at six stars already, and I'm like 290 away from seven stars, so I don't care about it). War...can take more time, but I generally target rooms I way overpower and let it run in the background? Doesn't take much time, really.

Mostly, my alliance is pretty chill, and even barely checking in, I end up pretty high on participation. Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes is the same game in a lot of ways, and it has way more bullshit.

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    Learning recently that the Fear the Darkness requirement was gear dependent and not Star dependent like Enter the Darkness has changed how I am gearing my characters. Minn-Erva a 5 star character for me is now my top priority.

• Options
    my minn-erva has been sitting at two stars for the better part of a year, I need like...one shard to get to three stars, it's maddening

• Options
    I wish they would let us farm more Minn-Erva shards

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Social Entropy ++ is at 22/24 members so if anyone wants to join in. We still got some spots. We do well in war and raids. 2 more active people would help out in both aspects. If you need to make the move we got the space open.