As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Total War] "Peace!" "WAR!" "War and Peace." "JUST WAR." "The book, sister."

• IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Nakai might be interesting for co-op. His faction is a horde, so you can let your ally take most of the land. Though he does have a unique mechanic where he's got a client faction that you can surrender settlements you conquer to, so not sure how important that will be economically.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I’m curious how they will differentiate Gor’Rok and Kroq’Gar. Both are Saurus Brawlers.

Also I hope Gor’Rok brings Troglodons so Lizardmen can go full Dinosaur attack.

-Loki- on
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Halflings would be utterly amazing to add. They said no more DLC race packs though, didn't they?

I jumped back into the comfortable boots of Vlad to get used to the game again. Turn 29 and I've nearly obliterated the Empire.

They did say that there would be no more race packs, but that didn't include potential pre-order DLC for Warhammer 3. So that's always a possibility.

I've been waiting for the Empire re-work to try them again, but Nakai sounds super cool as well. Gonna be hard figuring out which to play first.

• Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    I would bet more on lumpkin croup’s fighting cocks or the halfling hot pot popping up as a ROR.

Both of those would still be awesome.

Huh, looks like GW is making a big deal about releasing Gotrek as a model for Age of Sigmar and they're releasing a new book about him. A lot of people had been assuming the Old Friends would be Gotrek and Felix, so I'm certainly a bit suspicious.

Also I'm pretty sure I've decided to go Nakai first. I love Kroxigors but there's been very little reason to use them. I was sad Tehenhauin didn't buff them since Skinks and Kroxigors are such bros. Now there's a Kroxigor lord with buffs for them and elite Kroxigors and also a giant crocogator.

They now have a video showing off some of Wulfhart's campaign gameplay.

https://youtu.be/a4odMDtsbgQ

And they've also allowed youtubers to start releasing footage from multiplayer battles.

https://youtu.be/yYlGafRr-ds
    I was not expecting a spray of Norscan body parts when a Sacred Kroxigor punched it.

So someone picked up that Gor-Rok definitely starts in Itza from one of those videos.

There are a whole 4 provinces in lustria without a playable starting location, better get on that CA...

(In all seriousness 3 of those are starting locations for pretty important NPC factions, so I guess Lustria is pretty much done? The bottom left would be a crappy start location and everywhere else is pretty much filled in.)

• FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    The DLC page for Gor-Rok is up! It looks like he gets Lord Kroak right from the start, and is the going to be tanky as hell.

Fiatil on
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    I never thought I'd be excited for 9/11 again.

Now I don’t know if I want to play Gor Rok or Nakai first.

Haha. Gor-Rok is gonna be pretty nuts in campaign. Itza is an economic powerhouse, and he's a brick with perfect vigor and regeneration that starts with probably the most powerful mage in the game, and can also make Saurus even stronger defensively and unbreakable with a rite.

edited September 2019
    Sonthey made Gor Rok a tank to make him different to Grok Gar. I dig it.

I might have to go Gor Rok first.

Have they said if you need TWWH1 to play the Empire guy in Vortex? Because just adding the faction, even just with a single lord, for buying the lord pack is pretty generous.

-Loki- on
    Also makes since lore-wise since much like Captain America, Gor-Rok is known as both wielding and metaphorically being a shield.

They haven't stated it specifically, but given the DLC page doesn't say it requires Total War Warhammer 1, it's fairly safe to say you won't need it for him. His faction is rather distinct compared to the other empire characters, since he has unique recruitment mechanics and isn't focused on uniting a specific area.

• SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Patch notes are out!

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-ii-patch-notes-the-empire-undivided-update/

Not gonna paste them because they're huge but they're really good. Empire rework looks amazing

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Apparently someone really wanted to see Toddy cavalry

• The BraysterThe Brayster UKRegistered User regular
    Time to play Empire for like... the 5th time...

Steam: TheBrayster
    PSN: TheBrayster_92
    Total War patch notes are always so dense. I generally get about 1/3 into them and just start quickly skimming through.

-Loki- wrote: »
    Total War patch notes are always so dense. I generally get about 1/3 into them and just start quickly skimming through.

They usually get all the important stuff in the first 3rd of the notes. I'll wait for one of the TW Youtubers to digest the rest of it for me.

So. Have they released the stats on war wagons or hunters anywhere? Sure, Dread saurians and Sacred Kroxes is cool an' all, but THE NATION CALLS!

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/d0hthk/meet_the_old_friends_gotrek_and_felix/

Gotrek and Felix confirmed

edit: Voiced by Brian Blessed!

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    edited September 2019
    Turambar wrote: »

Hooray.

So I am guessing Thanquol will pop up some time. Maybe Thorek vs Thott with Thanquol as FLC lord pack down the road?

Jealous Deva on
  • KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    So. Have they released the stats on war wagons or hunters anywhere? Sure, Dread saurians and Sacred Kroxes is cool an' all, but THE NATION CALLS!

couple of youtubers have released videos on unit stats.

Archers are basically dirt cheap decent ranged units. similar power and greater range than crossbows, but much worse melee stats. Human version of HE basic archers.

The basic war wagon is a mobile gunnery turret. it has A LOT of ammo. I'm definitely going to try and use them in cavalry heavy armies.

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    I preordered the latest DLC off Humble Bundle. Guess I have to wait for release to get the key.

Thought I could just pass it up and enjoy revamped Imperials but new units and what not are looking good.

Karoz wrote: »
    I preordered the latest DLC off Humble Bundle. Guess I have to wait for release to get the key.

Yeah, pre order off Humble or Fanatical and you get the key on release day. Same thing happened to me with Vampire Coast and Tomb Kings.

Geez no one likes me in this ME campaign. After a few bad battles where some Empire provinces struck back, Vlad has just about taken out Ostermark, with Hochland and Middenland on the ropes just swapping armies between cities. But almost every faction in the campaign has declared war on me. Like why are the Wood Elves even giving a shit? I'm leaving them alone. But no, declare war on me.

Except the generic Dwarf faction. For some reason I've got okay relations with them.

In the oh shit what? department, next tw2 lord pack strongly hinted to be coming before the end of the year...

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/250328/will-we-get-another-lp-in-2019

Elsewhere she stated there would be no old world faction update with this one though - just buggixes, balance, and technical updates.

That doesn’t say it’s a lord pack, they just responded in a thread about one. Could be they’re planning another little FLC surprise like Gotrek and Felix or the Bone Giant.

Though I’m curious where another lord pack might go without an Old World lord, since they all have 4 lords now, and Lizardmen have bloody 6.

I’d love to see them add a legendary hero for each faction. There’s plenty of special characters that would would make great Legendary Heroes, so they don’t start really cluttering the map with Legendary Lords.

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    Later in the thread she implies the thread title is related to what we're getting, so pretty much a lord pack.

I think the four core TW2 races will all end up with 6 lords, so we got two left for High Elf, Dark Elf, and Skaven. One FLC that will have to do the vortex (like Gor-Rok) and one paid one that comes with special mechanics of some kind.

Since they said no old world update next time, that means probably not Greenskins, and probably not High Elves yet either since most people seem to think a High Elf vs. Greenskins pack is one of the most likely.

That means we'll probably see either a Skaven vs. Dwarf pack or a Dark Elf vs. Vampire Counts pack.

Skaven would probably be Thrott the Unclean (since most of the missing Skaven stuff is Clan Moulder stuff), and I guess Thanquol will have to be the FLC since I don't see them not adding him. Not sure which dwarf they'd pick. Might move Grombrindal to his own start (steal Nakai's horde mechanics?).

Dark Elf would have to include Malus Darkblade, but not sure who they'd pick for the other one and which would be FLC and which paid. Probably depends on who the Vampire is and how they can connect.

High Elf is largely predicted to be Eltharion the Grim vs. Grom the Paunch. No idea who they'd pick for FLC High Elf. Azhag probably get moved to a new start up near the north of Kislev or something.

Popular money on a Dwarf lord seems to be an Engineer since they don't have a ranged lord. A lot of debate between if it will be Grimm Burloksson or Malakai Makaisson.

Grimm is the more standard character, basically the engineer special character. Makaisson is a slayer from the Gotrek and Felix novels whom uses shotguns and explosives rather than an axe. Makaisson might be a more interesting option vs Throt since it's a monster hunter vs a monster maker, and the missing Dwarven units are mostly types of Slayers. But that might step on Ungrim's toes.

edited September 2019
    Dark Elf vs Vampire Coast feels like a missed opportunity with them already doing Lokhir. Also the Vampire Coast well is so shallow they had to make a completely original Lord.

If we’re assuming they’re doing to do a DLC for a DLC (IIRC they previously said they won’t) I want Prince Apophis for Tomb Kings, though I don’t know who they could have oppose him.

-Loki- on
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    Most recently thing I saw was that they were willing to do DLC for DLC but did not currently have any planned. Though I imagine in practice the implementation would work more like "alternate DLC" than "DLC for DLC." (ie. If they add Moonclaw to Beastmen, then if you buy that you can play as Beastmen lead by Moonclaw, but you can't play as Khazrak, Malagor, or Morghur unless you own the original DLC).

As for Cylostra, I think there were several other possible lords they could have picked, but they didn't want the pack to be too heavy on Dreadfleet characters and wanted to show they can create original characters to open the door for other future content. Though there were still non-Dreadfleet characters they could have picked, but some of them were little more than footnotes.

edited September 2019
    I would bet money if there is a new vampire counts dlc it’s Nefertata and she starts at the silver pinnacle, added to the map in Mortal Empires and Southlands in Vortex.

She would make sense as a counter lord to Malak because he could start on the west edge of the map at the chaos wastes as well.

I think that may be the pre order pack though, because they could both go in the WH3 map and be playable in that campaign.

I think they may be avoiding moving the original dlc lords that overlap the starting lords (so Grombrindal, Ghorst, and Volkmar) for some reason. I would love Grom moved to the north of Naggarond though.

Edit: My real wager for next dlc is Thott vs (some dwarf that can justifiably go to southlands or some other new world territory).

Jealous Deva on
    I would bet money if there is a new vampire counts dlc it’s Nefertata and she starts at the silver pinnacle, added to the map in Mortal Empires and Southlands in Vortex.

Oh man I never even considered Neferata. Vampire Counts are at 5 lords, they already have their Old World update, and from memory only need the Coven Throne to have all of their stuff from their army book.

Neferata with a Coven Throne Mount/chariot unit with some Tomb Kings units and/or mechanics like Arkhan would have me throwing money at CA.

The next lord pack/faction overhaul should be Wood Elves.

• KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    What lords are there to include for wood elves? The lady elf was added to the High Elf faction

edited September 2019
    Kruite wrote: »
    What lords are there to include for wood elves? The lady elf was added to the High Elf faction

Araloth the Bold, Naestra and Arahan (the Sisters of Twilight), Scarloc, Thalandor Doomstar.

Fiendishrabbit on
This discussion has been closed.