As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hey there how's it going (now with bonfire)

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Peas wrote: »
    Oh! Man i am learning a lot of stuff today
    I do need to go into hiding for a couple of weeks until my embarrassment go away though

no don't worry
    the rest of the world got it.

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    America's nice day was in june, now it's roll over and catch our breath day

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    I have been in O'Hare International Airport for just over twenty minutes and have seen three discrete Chili's.

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    It's cloudy out today and I'm stuck waiting at my psychiatrist's office. I was the first one here and 3 people who came in after me have been seen before me. I've been waiting for 2 hours now and I've been assured I'll be seen next, but, like, what the fuck?

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Oh! Man i am learning a lot of stuff today
    I do need to go into hiding for a couple of weeks until my embarrassment go away though

most of the world does day/month/year I think, and it's the more logical way to structure the date anyway, US people are the weirdos

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    at least you're not in Midway, the worst airport I've ever experienced, food-wise

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    zz9vnov36z55.png

wish apparently thinks I got some issues

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Write some numbers on the tips and you got yourself some sick d4s.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I have been in O'Hare International Airport for just over twenty minutes and have seen three discrete Chili's.

Go find Tortas Fronteras

Eat Mexican sandwiches and be happy

• Options

Go find Tortas Fronteras

This sounds much better than my plan of eating hot dogs!

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    It's gonna be a warm day. Finally caught up on sleep from a hectic work week, did some cleaning this morning, about to go get a new air filter for my car, then go for a run, maybe swim some laps after that, then meeting a lady for a dinner and mountain sunset view later.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I have been kinda into tarot cards recently
    It works pretty well as a tool for me to think about stuff from another perspective
    Also I kinda dig the art too
    what deck did you get? I have a fantasy one that has some rude titties.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I don't know horrible is putting it pleasant.
    I had a horrible summer between the city in April arresting me for weeds in my yard and having to go to court for that then getting fired from work. Then the city comes back claiming they had a complaint about my yard again. I don't think it was a complain the more I think about it as the head of Code Enforcement after court came upon my brother and I saying he was upset the judge overturned the case, We were on special secret probation because were are a problem in his eyes. He bad mouthed the judge and when asked why we did not work on it I said I have a job he remarked so does everyone else. Because my brother fears wee are going to get thrown in jail this time and we did not get the notice {the orange letter they leave} only the summons and how they acted this last time I feel I need to contact a lawyer about the city
    Now back to looking for work basically no one is hiring other than the hell known as Wal Mart which I do not want to go back to. I know moving is the only positive thing I have but lacking a car and not knowing where I want to go is just sad
    I am just feeling really Kafkaesque in a way that overwhelming sense of doom as there is nothing positive around me. I have no one to talk to other than my brother. Even getting back into painting my 40k stuff I do in bits and fits because I am just really sad I don't find anything fun anymore It's just a sense of lacking and not knowing how to solve that
    I will stop there because I don't feel like writing a small novel of why

I'm sorry everything has been so difficult for you of late, that sounds really awful and your city is run by dicks. Is there a local veteran's association or employment centre you can reach out to for support? I don't know how things are over in the US

Two of the people I have talked to at the VA know far more than I talk about here on recommended Putting me on a bus to anywhere he would pay for the ticket. Both say leave. Just this last year has been horrible even for the shit I deal with

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    at least you're not in Midway, the worst airport I've ever experienced, food-wise

They've actually been revamping a lot of their food options lately.

I haven't eaten there yet myself, as its my home airport and I just go home instead, but there's a bunch more stuff happening in Midway these days.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

Go find Tortas Fronteras

Yeah that's probably the best food in O'Hare. I think there's also a Publican in there somewhere, but I've never been to the airport version of it.

• Options
    I am now full on tortas.

Airports are so fascinating. Thousands of people walking by each hour, all with their own stories. Some of them are off on an adventure, others conducting business. Some are seeing family, and others are flying to say goodbye.

• Options
    And absolutely all of them are going to do their level best to get in my goddamn way.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    The worst thing about airports is groups of people walking shoulder-to-shoulder. Slowly.

Motherfuckers I have a plane to catch. If you want to go on a casual stroll, might I suggest anywhere else in the universe than an airport?

• Options
    Snugglehug: My friend needed me to housesit his two goofy rescue greyhounds for a night
    Un-snugglehug: they live in nowhere, MA, and it's a real pain for me to get out there

BUT this morning he woke up sick and probably won't be able to run the triathlon he was planning on doing, so no need for me to housesit. Poo, I don't get to see the doggies, but thank fuck I no longer have to catch a bus and a train and an uber out to the sticks to do it.
    also we're going to get together for a group dog walking session some time this month so overall I don't feel too deprived

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    sydney airport has a joint where you can get korean fried chicken and cans of beer for breakfast

best place ever

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    bsjezz wrote: »
    sydney airport has a joint where you can get korean fried chicken and cans of beer for breakfast

best place ever

wait what
    when did this happen. I go through there all the damn time. International or domestic?

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Do we have any xenobiologist in the building? I'm very confused by this entity in my parents' house. It appears to be made of fur but physically behaves like a liquid.

s1bipaoy33w9.jpg

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    international. it's kinda opposite the big maccas that sends your sausage and egg macmuffin down a rube goldberg machine, next to a yum cha restaurant. not far from the heineken tower

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    zz9vnov36z55.png

some issues which can be addressed with area-control weaponry

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

I haven't eaten there yet myself, as its my home airport and I just go home instead, but there's a bunch more stuff happening in Midway these days.

I went through either two or three years ago, I forget, and it was honestly embarrassing

it was like I'd gone back to SeaTac in the mid 90's

• Options
    bsjezz wrote: »
    international. it's kinda opposite the big maccas that sends your sausage and egg macmuffin down a rube goldberg machine, next to a yum cha restaurant. not far from the heineken tower

oh, over there, hmm. I probably SHOULD have seen it but for a few years there was fuck-all decent food after security, so I got in the habit of just having a big bowl of noodles or something in the food hall before going through.
    Either way I know what I'm doing next time.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    zz9vnov36z55.png

some issues which can be addressed with area-control weaponry

It helps if you've got a damn ninja infestation in your house

this applies to the mythical asian assassin/spy, the streamer, or the guy from Die Antwoord

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Twitter is showing me every liked tweet from my followers now, except without any indication it is a liked tweet, so now my Twitter feed is useless.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Ah, so it’s functioning as per normal

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Realtalk: Hit the stars at the top right of your feed and select “see latest tweets instead” and that should mostly fix it. It’ll probably revert back after a random period of time, so keep an eye on it.

• Options
    There are keywords you can block which will mostly stop this behaviour, but unfortunately I can't remember them all. I know adding "suggest_recycled_tweet_inline" to your muted words will cut out a lot of the crap.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I only follow a few people and they mostly seem to like buff ladies and dogs, so I'm alright with that feature.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    The secret is to only have 10 followers who I am pretty sure are all bots.

Are you using the chronological timeline or the garbage one?

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

I went through either two or three years ago, I forget, and it was honestly embarrassing

it was like I'd gone back to SeaTac in the mid 90's

Oh yeah this is all very recent

Like, I fly through Midway several times a year, because it's a way more pleasant experience than O'Hare, and these updates only started like a year and a half ago and have begun to finish within the past couple of months but there are still some significant under construction zones

• Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular

Yes but can you find the discreet Chili's? It is very well hidden.

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I'm still on vacation after PAX and spending all or most of it very irresponsibly. It feels real good and I will be in high spirits until I realize that I do, indeed, have to go back to work Tuesday.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    This month makes half a year sober, in celebration I'm going to have a shower ginger beer(non-alch, obviously) while getting ready to go out.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The stuff I have had to put up with for the last 6 months is worth a beer

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    I'm getting wet at a Red Sox game.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I'm getting wet at a Red Sox game.

:winky: