As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Overwatch] Thread: June Joust Starts May 21

• SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    guess this means we're getting an MVP tracer skin down the line

Zarya for sure. Alien Zarya.

• Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Void's Sigma is pretty terrible.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    This meta is definitely growing on me as teams are getting better at it.

Plus doomfist is just plain fun to watch

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    Yeah it's amazing how wrong the playerbase can be when predicting what's actually going to be good and how it plays out. What's worse though is how quickly the playerbase pigeonholes themselves into a meta just because someone predicted it would be good.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    Kana wrote: »

That's a very cool breakdown.

I do wonder if this meta will stick around, or if we're gonna see continued goats style evolutions

Probably yes as long as Sigma stays this nasty, but I'm still waiting for some team to run an unblockable damage dive style comp

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    If Glads win this series there's no way Surefour isn't player of the match.

steam_sig.png
    Doom/Reaper/Orisa/Sigma/Moira/Lucio looks like the default comp when swaps finally settle. Still seeing plenty of DPS and support variety and even a sprinkle of other tanks.

Until we see more tanks with some overlapping abilities, they will always be stable and meta defining but the other roles are in a fairly healthy spot.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    If Glads win this series there's no way Surefour isn't player of the match.

surefour's POV of that last minute defense

https://clips.twitch.tv/DelightfulSuccessfulMeatloafFeelsBadMan

also i cannot believe how biggoose was able to stall the cart and not get deleted

edit: bonus

https://clips.twitch.tv/AlluringFancyBaguetteEleGiggle

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
    One of the unique things with this meta is that there's a lot of variability in fights.

Like in goats, or even in dive, each hero plays a key role, and once you lose one teammate you've probably lost the fight.

This comp is way more scrappy, and you can never be quite sure that like Doom or Sigma or Reaper isn't going to just turn around and get a 3k. Teams still have to spend ults to win fights clean even after they probably have a decisive advantage

Kana wrote: »
    One of the unique things with this meta is that there's a lot of variability in fights.

Like in goats, or even in dive, each hero plays a key role, and once you lose one teammate you've probably lost the fight.

This comp is way more scrappy, and you can never be quite sure that like Doom or Sigma or Reaper isn't going to just turn around and get a 3k. Teams still have to spend ults to win fights clean even after they probably have a decisive advantage

And with the blanket ult charge cost increase, there are more neutral fights which is a great thing.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I love Genjis who try to deflect my Moira beam

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    sigma will always be nasty as long as his refuses to put shoes on (talon skin not withstanding)

EzUAYcn.png
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Glad I sold my scrimbucks at a loss during the Dragons game

Coinage on
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I just got on, looked at the score, and laughed.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    Yeaaaah SBB is in

"There's no gravity on the moon.

That's why it floats above the earth."

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    "There's no gravity on the moon.

That's why it floats above the earth."

cwujndghsrj5.jpg

• Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Man, hell of a time for Twitch to be shitting itself to death.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    MLG stream is better quality anyway

uc3ufTB.png
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Are you kidding me?!

A FUCKING C9 OH MY GOD

uc3ufTB.png
    oooooooh nooooooooooooo

• mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    jesus fucking christ what a series!!!!!
    I was rooting for them SO HARD after they did a 4+minute hold and then they C9!!!!! AAAHHHHH

Also good thing it's over, I was getting tired of switching back and forth between main stream + command center to get it to load...

galaxy brain:
    titans/shock grand finals still possible

uc3ufTB.png
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    A FUCKING C9 OH MY GOD
    to be fair, I don't think it was a 'lol shock fucked up' type c9. the folks who were supposed to be on cart got booped/pulled off, and the rest of the team was busy trying to deal with doom and other attackers, just weren't able to get back on point in time.

shock should have won that last fight, but Atlanta was very tricksy and played that perfectly to sneak the win out from under them.

Houk the Namebringer on
    I am very pleased by whoever it is in the production booth who's dedicated to always sneaking a wilhelm scream into the highlight reels

A FUCKING C9 OH MY GOD
    to be fair, I don't think it was a 'lol shock fucked up' type c9. the folks who were supposed to be on cart got booped/pulled off, and the rest of the team was busy trying to deal with doom and other attackers, just weren't able to get back on point in time.

shock should have won that last fight, but Atlanta was very tricksy and played that perfectly to sneak the win out from under them.

my post was more "are you kidding me the 7 map series ended like this" than "lol this team is bad"

anyway no one's fully out yet but that will change tomorrow

uc3ufTB.png
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    A FUCKING C9 OH MY GOD

my post was more "are you kidding me the 7 map series ended like this" than "lol this team is bad"

anyway no one's fully out yet but that will change tomorrow

oh no for sure, I just like to clarify between true c9's where a team legit falls on their face at the finish line, and ones where they just lose focus for a split second in a tense situation and get punished for it

• mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    playoffs spoilers
    It's a crazy outcome, for NYXL to come bouncing back after so many disappointing stage playoffs, and then Shock barely losing, and the Glads match from yesterday was fantastic as well (first team to swap a player between roles?) Tomorrow's games ought to be fantastic!

That was a good postshow

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    That was all super nuts from what I saw.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    playoffs spoilers
    It's a crazy outcome, for NYXL to come bouncing back after so many disappointing stage playoffs, and then Shock barely losing, and the Glads match from yesterday was fantastic as well (first team to swap a player between roles?) Tomorrow's games ought to be fantastic!
    Not quite. Rascal played all three roles in stage 4.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    playoff spoilers
    They're going to need to make a SBB Bastion skin when NYXL wins it all

playoffs spoilers
    Not quite. Rascal played all three roles in stage 4.
    Gladiators get credit for the first role lock swap that isn't trolling, though

That's fair.

This discussion has been closed.