As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Pittsburgh At Cleveland? There Is No Dog.

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I’m just tired of half the NFL subreddit being Brown stories. Thankfully in a few hours there will be so much more and more interesting stuff to talk about.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    I’m just tired of half the NFL subreddit being Brown stories. Thankfully in a few hours there will be so much more and more interesting stuff to talk about.

Will there though? Will there really?

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Or

Hear me out

AB is fucking nuts and was throwing furniture off balconies and other shit long before

• Options
    Or

Hear me out

AB is fucking nuts and was throwing furniture off balconies and other shit long before

Both can absolutely be true.

• Options
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Six wrote: »

Will there though? Will there really?

Gosh, I hope so

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Yup yup skol, vikings.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Yup yup skol, vikings.

x2

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Lamar Jackson seems to be doing OK to start the season. 7/7, 196 yards, 3 TDS. And Brown seems to be most of that; 3 receptions, 144 yards, 2 TDS. That’s after just over a quarter of play. 28-0.

The Miami tank job is off to a good start.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Am at work, but jiminy cricket.

I knew the Dolphins were gonna suck this year. But giving up 4 TDs to the Ravens in the first 16 minutes?

Gonna have to watch this tirefire on gamepass.

EDIT: Earl Thomas with a TD too. That's awesome. Glad he's still a thing.

MorganV on
  • Options
    Mahomes might be injured. Limped off of the field.

The writers are throwing everything at the wall already this season.

• Options
    XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    Mahomes went back in for the next play, he's a little gimpy but his foot/ankle is hopefully OK. Tyreek Hill is probably out for the rest of the game with a shoulder injury though.

• Options
    Mahomes might be injured. Limped off of the field.

Fuck!

I'd like just one fucking year where one of the better QB's isn't fucked up in the opening season, and we get to see football that isn't garbage because even if they're still winning, backup QBs tend to make it uninteresting.

• Options
    KC vs JAX is real punchy today. I don't know why aside from it being hot as balls there in Jacksonville and players on both sides getting hurt.

• Options
    Ravens run a fake punt while up 35-3 in the first half.

I’m not even a Ravens fan, but damn, that does put a smile on my face.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Xantomas wrote: »
    KC vs JAX is real punchy today. I don't know why aside from it being hot as balls there in Jacksonville and players on both sides getting hurt.

JAX D is coming in with a chip on their shoulders. They kept Mahomes from throwing a TD last year and still lost by 16, they have something to prove. And Ramsey and Hill were sniping at each other the last few days.

Course, Mahomes has put up 300 yards and 2 TDs, that's pissing them off. And with Jack getting ejected, shallow crosses and drags should be there all day, taking the pressure off Watkins needing to go deep to make up for Hill going down.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Back to hating fantasy.

• Options
    Seeing a whole lot of Chiefs jerseys in the half empty Jacksonville stadium, that's pretty cool. Also Mahomes tried a no look TD pass and missed Kelsey by a mile, so he's going to be getting a lot of shit about that.

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Gardner Minshew is 13/13 and 143. 8-)

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    god bless Lamar Jackson

I really hope he succeeds

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options

Wait, what happened to Foles?

And yes, I had to google-search Gardener Minshew.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »

Walked off with a shoulder injury after a big hit on his dime of a TD pass. Out for the rest of the game.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »

Walked off with a shoulder injury after a big hit on his dime of a TD pass. Out for the rest of the game.

That was one of the prettiest rainbows I've ever seen. I gave Foles a salute of the beer for that one.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options

Give him the proper respect, that's Gardner Minshew II.

He's been throwing darts so far, I've been impressed, since he only had 1 year of starts at the D1 level.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Garner minshew is gonna be good

Not like, top tier A+ QB good, but backup-who-looks-good-for-four-games-in-relief-and-gets-overpaid good

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Boooo!

Ravens kicked a FG.

I was enjoying the streak of TD's.

• Options
    Boooo!

Ravens kicked a FG.

Another TD, this time from RGIII.

• Options
    Boooo!

Ravens kicked a FG.

Another TD, this time from RGIII.

Come on, another TD, go for 2, and then a FG to make it a 70 burger.

• Options
    If the Ravens score here and don’t go for an onside kick, we riot.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    If the Ravens score here and don’t go for an onside kick, we riot.

I like that if the Ravens didn't defend onside kicks by the Dolphins, with 90 seconds to go, they'd possibly still win.

EDIT: Wait, what happened? They just kneel it out?

MorganV on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    garbage time is the best time

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Looks like Foles has a broken clavicle, so he's out for a while. I hate hearing about players getting injured, and this fuels my growing antipathy towards paying attention to football.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Looks like Foles has a broken clavicle, so he's out for a while. I hate hearing about players getting injured, and this fuels my growing antipathy towards paying attention to football.

Yeah, while injuries are arguably a part of any sport, the frequency, especially to playmakers, just sucks a lot of joy out of things. Because most teams aren't built around strong backups. There's usually a couple of lynchpins that define the difference between 5-11 and 11-5 seasons.

Foles coming in and taking over for Wentz was the exception, not the rule.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Was about to comment on how much better the Lions look and then they muff a punt on the 7 yard line giving Arizona easy points.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Fuck you, Shurmer.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    So did Rosen play in the Miami 'game'?

• Options
    Richard Sherman with a pick 6.

Earl Thomas earlier with an interception.

Though disbanded, Legion of Boom still entertaining me.

• Options
    Garret saved from a failed challenge by refs who didn't see him throw the flag.

Awesome.

• Options
    NYG are awful.

• Options
    35-10, beginning of the 4th, and Shurmur believes Manning is still his guy? Carry on, coach.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    To be fair, Manning is performing badly on the field, but he's not the only problem with the offense. It's cold logic, but he might be thinking it's better to have Manning take hits instead of the rookie for this season.

Also, week 1 isn't even over and already everybody is overreacting, I love it!

steam_sig.png