As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Nintendo] thread is only for perverts now, apparently

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    i feel so fucking happy and so absolutely fucking betrayed by my friends

uc3ufTB.png
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    most of the people at Nintendo still think trans people are a joke so I'm happy they'll never use Bowsette

They also literally went out of their way to say men cant use that item, showing Luigi trying to

Nintendo despises trans people openly

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I think it likely that they just made the new easy mode Toadette-specific, and didn’t think of anything past the crown as a gameplay mechanic, and demonstrated it as such. I figure the answer to “what happens if [x] wears the crown” would be “only Toadette can wear the crown”, whoever [x] is, man or woman. I doubt they have ever seen that original fan comic, or have heard people asking what the crown means for Peach herself. This is Nintendo, after all; their inability to perceive the internet is second to none.

Enlong on
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I think that's giving Nintendo more credit than is deserved

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    nani the heck

BahamutZERO.gif
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    I think it likely that they just made the new easy mode Toadette-specific, and didn’t think of anything past the crown as a gameplay mechanic, and demonstrated it as such. I figure the answer to “what happens if [x] wears the crown” would be “only Toadette can wear the crown”, whoever [x] is, man or woman. I doubt they have ever seen that original fan comic, or have heard people asking what the crown means for Peach herself. This is Nintendo, after all; their inability to perceive the internet is second to none.

They have absolutely seen bowsette, and their Luigi comic/explanation they put out, while maybe not a DIRECT response to it, was absolutely intended to be "men cannot use this item"

Nintendo has made transphobic jokes in many of their games including one that came out literally two years ago

Nintendo IS aware of fans desires and headcanon for their characters, they play with those things all the time. They're also one of the most openly homophobic and transphobic game publishers around, and I REALLY wish people would stop excusing their behavior on that front

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    edited September 2019
    Clearly I made my post without enough information to say anything accurate or worthwhile. I shouldn’t have done that. I rescind what I said and will not defend it. Sorry.

Enlong on
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Apparently that one shopkeeper everyone loves in RCG is this universe's version of Marian from Double Dragon.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Now she does the stomach punching!

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Now she does the stomach punching!

Or failing that, breaks fists with her stomach

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I'm just happy to find out that the Devil's Candy artist did the shopkeepers.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    The thing I love about that is the faces. The girls totally idolize her for her muscles.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    I'm just happy to find out that the Devil's Candy artist did the shopkeepers.

I think Rem did all the character designs actuallyl

BahamutZERO.gif
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/Ku9FTbtIamg

God this game looks so pretty and gameplay-wise it looks like exactly the step forward they needed

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    My big issue with the Animal Crossing games was the gameplay loop being really shallow without any short term goals

It was all self-set stuff like filling up the museum or collecting bugs or what have you

Which is nice but not enough to keep me hooked

Adding a crafting mechanic and progression is exactly what I needed and I am really pumped

CYpGAPn.png
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    “I picked the wrong day to drop acid and take the bus.”

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    The foot prints are an odd choice

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    That reminds me of one of my favorite video game related videos of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caeugeAaHG4

I had this VHS as a kid and I watched it more times than a person probably should.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I'm charging my 3DS so I can play Ghost Trick and it's got this thing where it won't charge unless I set it so there's enough pressure to pull the cable to one side while it's in the plug; don't know if that's a problem in the cable or the charging port

Either way I'm a little worried because I know eventually it won't charge at all

....I shouldn't get a 2DS XL to replace this now when Ghost Trick is almost certainly the last game on this system line I want to play, right

Grey Ghost on
    I wouldn't invest in one no. It sounds like its the cable though

• WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    I would invest in one but I’m the special kind of pervert who futureproofs for every situation I might want to play a game, like the god damned batman but with more anxiety

Whippy wrote: »
    I would invest in one but I’m the special kind of pervert who futureproofs for every situation I might want to play a game, like the god damned batman but with more anxiety

Well the alternative is being a doomsday prepper so Id say youve focused on a slightly healthier hobby

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I have made

So many yugioh decks

I have a problem

If it's any consolation, I looked at all the available save slots and went "Huh, I think they added more, that's good... but is it enough?" Now that I've got the last Six Samurai and Noble Knight cards I really needed I'm going to diversify, but I'm tossing up whether to focus on another archetype or just spread my points around and see what miscellaneous cards I get.

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Wow you weren’t kidding, Luigi’s Balloon World pays off ridiculously well

Didn’t know Luigi was that rich

sig.gif
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I'm charging my 3DS so I can play Ghost Trick and it's got this thing where it won't charge unless I set it so there's enough pressure to pull the cable to one side while it's in the plug; don't know if that's a problem in the cable or the charging port

Either way I'm a little worried because I know eventually it won't charge at all

....I shouldn't get a 2DS XL to replace this now when Ghost Trick is almost certainly the last game on this system line I want to play, right

Could it be crud in the socket? I have to clean out my iPhone socket with a paperclip a couple of times a year because it slowly accumulates pocket lint.

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Also I guess never pick the big bounty balloons, because there was one that was embedded in the level geometry and completely unreachable

Good to know randos are cheating shitbags even in the fun Mario coin farming minigame!

sig.gif
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I think there are probably enough 3DS of different varieties out in the wild that the hardware will continue to get cheaper for a while. Dont see them suddenly becoming hard to find.

Eventually that mint green 2DS will be cheap enough that I can justify switching from my blue one.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
    SimBen wrote: »
    Wow you weren’t kidding, Luigi’s Balloon World pays off ridiculously well

Didn’t know Luigi was that rich

Whenever he needs a quick buck, he goes ghostbusting in a mansion just filled with gold bars and hundred dollar bills.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I've been thinking about finally getting a 3DSXL so I don't break my hands trying to replay any of the older DS Pokémon games.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Sorry, Dril, but that one was downright scrutible.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Butler wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Could it be crud in the socket? I have to clean out my iPhone socket with a paperclip a couple of times a year because it slowly accumulates pocket lint.

Oh hey! I went at it with some canned air and that cleared it right up
    Thanks!

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    I think there are probably enough 3DS of different varieties out in the wild that the hardware will continue to get cheaper for a while. Dont see them suddenly becoming hard to find.

Eventually that mint green 2DS will be cheap enough that I can justify switching from my blue one.

... I'm never letting my New 3DS Blastoise Edition go... :D

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    The paint on my Monster Hunter N3DS is peeling in places.

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    because of @whippy i have the persona q 3ds and it is one of my most prized items

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    because of whippy i have the persona q 3ds and it is one of my most prized items

whoa that is a fuckin cool 3ds

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Just found the Fire Emblem patch notes, this update also comes with the new voice actor for Male Byleth, Zach Aguilar rerecorded everything replacing Chris Niosi after he admitted to a bunch of sexual harrasment and assault allegations being true.

Crippl3 on
This discussion has been closed.