As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Portabello

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited September 2019 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Portabello

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    ZenigataZenigata Registered User regular
    Accurately sums up a lot of these games that you "can" play anywhere, the emotions that OW brings out are best left far away from anyone else...who are we kidding though, the console OW is the red-headed step child anyway so people would sign up to be even further removed from the glacial update speed which Blizzard operates at? That dreadfully slow pendulum rebalancing drove me away a long time ago.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    He makes a solid point in regards to Hanzo.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Do people play Nintendo Switch inside coffee shops?

• Options
    LttlefootLttlefoot Registered User regular
    Bring overwatch to mobile then everyone will be like this

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Do people play Nintendo Switch inside coffee shops?

I probably have at some point. When I have a game I'm in to I carry it around everywhere.

• Options
    TransluciaTranslucia Registered User regular
    excellent

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Zenigata wrote: »
    Accurately sums up a lot of these games that you "can" play anywhere, the emotions that OW brings out are best left far away from anyone else...who are we kidding though, the console OW is the red-headed step child anyway so people would sign up to be even further removed from the glacial update speed which Blizzard operates at? That dreadfully slow pendulum rebalancing drove me away a long time ago.

I wonder if gyro aiming will affect the Switch version balancing specifically.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I don't think there are even console only nerfs anymore

• Options
    OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    I'd be interested in Overwatch if it had any kind of single player content. The character designs are awesome, the story is neat but... it's a multiplayer arena game and that just makes me lose interest.

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Zenigata wrote: »
    could be worse; just ask console players how fast TF2 updates

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    Well played on the title. I'm assuming it's meant to be a combination of the portability of the Switch and the fact that Gabe is "bellowing" in a coffee shop. :)

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I had to ban people from playing PUBG on mobile in my store for exactly this reason.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    MarcinMN wrote: »
    Well played on the title. I'm assuming it's meant to be a combination of the portability of the Switch and the fact that Gabe is "bellowing" in a coffee shop. :)

Ooooohhhhh

I was trying to work out what mushrooms and/or a road in London had to do with anything

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    doompookydoompooky Wild (Let's Draw A) Horses Couldn't Drag Me AwayRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019

Ooooohhhhh

I was trying to work out what mushrooms and/or a road in London had to do with anything

I hate to be that guy but I'm pretty positive it refers to bellō and the latin extensions. I.e. "portable war"

doompooky on
    we7ek91hy97o.png
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    doompooky wrote: »

Ooooohhhhh

I hate to be that guy but I'm pretty positive it refers to bellō and the latin extensions. I.e. "portable war"

God. You that guys always coming in with your latin.

• Options
    doompooky wrote: »

Ooooohhhhh

Eh, I think my interpretation has just as much potential for Jerry wordplay. The only thing that makes me lean in the latin direction is the absence of a W at the end of the title. But that just begs the question of if it was more important for the title to include the proper spelling of bellow or for it to match the name of a mushroom.

Too bad Jerry doesn't read the forums or he could clear this up for us!

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    I assumed it was Italian, as a riff on Starbucks' weird size naming convention. But Latin seems like a Jerry thing too.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I assumed it was Italian, as a riff on Starbucks' weird size naming convention. But Latin seems like a Jerry thing too.

As is doing all of these things at once.

dennis on
  • Options
    dennis wrote: »

As is doing all of these things at once.

It's like the perfect title. It's making three jokes at once. We should expect nothing less from Jerry.

-Tycho Brahe