As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Astral Chain] Anime cyberpunk action cop game where you CAN pet the dog.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    So yeah, potential loose ends to clean up in the next game (end game spoilers):
    1: What, exactly, was Jena's plan? Was it just her goal to have all humankind merge into the Astral Plane, and I guess hope that whatever unfathomable computer user was reoganizing the worlds' data didn't choose to just put us all in the recycle bin?
    2: What are Chimeras, really? Are they Astral Plane beings, or a predecessor or successor of humans? Or what?
    3: Max == Axe?
    4: Why are the twins so strong? Is it because their mom was redshifting, and if so how did that effect them?
    5: Is Jena mom?
    6: Kyle?
    7: What's out in the rest of the world after years of abandoning it to the gates?
    8: What is Lappy's secret identity?

Probably more stuff

2,4,8 are answered in game.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    So in chapter 11 pre-action, I finished the mission “In Love Again”.
    Basically, I helped this lovesick dude gather gifts to try and impress a girl he’s interested two times. After the second time, he basically said he’d been looking for love in the wrong places and confessed to my character instead. Does this mission go that way if you’re playing as the male Howard twin?

Late answer but

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    So in chapter 11 pre-action, I finished the mission “In Love Again”.
    Basically, I helped this lovesick dude gather gifts to try and impress a girl he’s interested two times. After the second time, he basically said he’d been looking for love in the wrong places and confessed to my character instead. Does this mission go that way if you’re playing as the male Howard twin?

Late answer but

Neat. Wasn’t expecting that.

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Oh man, perfect calls feel so sweet to get. Do wish you didn't have to unlock the synch attack for them separately, but damn.

Honestly the first two chapters do kind of a terrible job of introducing everything. The meat if the combat is just so so good

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Oh man that fight in File 09 was insane. I don't know how I got an S+ on it but I qm thankful to not have to do that again lol.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Long fights ironically seem to give lots of opportunity to get S+, by virtue of being longer and giving you more time to Do Things For Bonuses.

Long fights ironically seem to give lots of opportunity to get S+, by virtue of being longer and giving you more time to Do Things For Bonuses.

I felt like I was getting my ass handed to me more than I was hitting it haha.

• TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    Stealth section?! Why why why why why why why

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I'm giddily waiting for my switch to finish charging so that i can sink my teeth into this game now that the one i was playing is finished.

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    TelMarine wrote: »
    Stealth section?! Why why why why why why why

At least you can sneak behind guards and bind them.

Also I believe there is only 1 mandatory stealth section where you have to actually stealth. Side missions have some you have to do though.

Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Honestly this game is dope but I'm not 100% feeling a lot of the side stuff they put in here. The stealth sections, the blue cases, the police investigation sequences. The file I'm doing right now had mini-games as red cases.

Like, I usually enjoy having weird side-content, it's one of my favorite things in the Yakuza series and I really do love RPGs in general but here it feels like filler.

But man does the combat just get better the more stuff you get. Just super fun and so different from anything else I've played.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    I feel compelled to have my IRIS on as much as possible, since it makes it much easier to see red matter for clean-up, item boxes, and other miscellaneous items and/or people. I find it annoying though...the developers seem like they don't want to you be in the world they spent many an hour creating, but instead have most of it not be seen because you constantly have the IRIS on.

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
    Ranking
    I got S+ for the first stage of the game after turning rankings on because i saw that it gave rewards for doing so and figured i'd give it a shot i was surprised at how generous the game was with the rankings as i felt like i did the initial fight after getting your legion very poorly

DeMoN wrote: »
    Honestly this game is dope but I'm not 100% feeling a lot of the side stuff they put in here. The stealth sections, the blue cases, the police investigation sequences. The file I'm doing right now had mini-games as red cases.

Like, I usually enjoy having weird side-content, it's one of my favorite things in the Yakuza series and I really do love RPGs in general but here it feels like filler.

But man does the combat just get better the more stuff you get. Just super fun and so different from anything else I've played.

This is how I feel about it. When I start a new file I know that I'll have around 40% of bullshit filler to get to the combat, which is some of the best feeling combat I've ever experienced. Of course I feel obligated to do the side stuff too because otherwise I'll get a horrible rating.

TelMarine wrote: »
    I feel compelled to have my IRIS on as much as possible, since it makes it much easier to see red matter for clean-up, item boxes, and other miscellaneous items and/or people. I find it annoying though...the developers seem like they don't want to you be in the world they spent many an hour creating, but instead have most of it not be seen because you constantly have the IRIS on.

Iris can’t be worn in combat at least so it’s only on so much. I agree though.

I’ll agree on the stealth and random mini games somewhat but the investigations are a cool part of the game.

• BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Of course I feel obligated to do the side stuff too because otherwise I'll get a horrible rating.
    Blue cases don't count against your rating. But then there is the start of file 08...on the plus side, being able to select which part of a file you start from means you can skip that unless you were replaying that segment for rank.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Alright so the abilities thing is a real big missed opportunity. Not being able to do anything with the extra ones and having them all be completely random rolls is kinda butts.

Especially because it seems like(and if there is some other way to get to these please tell me) it seems like there's at least 1 area that needs a particularly long chain to get to. And the only way to get a longer chain is to randomly luck into ability cores with enough chain length on them. If this is true it seems super bad. If this is not true please help me out here I am going crazy trying to figure out how to cross this gap!

Chapters 6-8ish (I can't remember if it's 6 and 7 or 7 and 8)
    The place where you fight the big dude on the roof top helipad. And then you come back on the next chapter to that same roof to help out and all the cops are there investigating. I'm missing 1 red case on both of these levels and it's placed right around that roof helipad spot on both. And there is 1 area that I currently can not get to. And that is that little side section next to the roof with a chest or two.

If you go up on the other roofs in the area right before the helipad(where the porta potty was) you can see an open spot in the gate to the area that I cannot get to. There is a direct line to that opening from the one roof but it is quite far away but with some chain extension you could make it there. Is there some other way? Or is it really just hope you randomly find the right ability core?

Thanks for any tips or answers to this one!

DemonStacey on
    I think that is in 8. If I'm not mistaken:
    The roof with red matter close to the scaffolding? IIRC There is a ladder you may have to lower by shooting the target with the Arrow Legion.

So collectibles.
    An empty soda can really?

Zunde wrote: »
    So collectibles.
    I mean, sure? You do get something for pitching ten of them into trash cans, but nothing ever asks you to pick them up iirc

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Barrakketh wrote: »
    The roof with red matter close to the scaffolding? IIRC There is a ladder you may have to lower by shooting the target with the Arrow Legion.
    That's the secondary roof I'm referring to. After you get up there though is the part I'm trying to figure out. There's a long gap to a spot right next to the helipad. Like if you are standing on the helipad you can look directly down and see the chest(s) sitting there.
    While walking up the stairs to the helipad if you go over to the normal chest you can see the opening I am referring to as well.

Polaritie wrote: »
    So collectibles.
    I mean, sure? You do get something for pitching ten of them into trash cans, but nothing ever asks you to pick them up iirc
    Pfft you don't need to tell somebody to pick up a collectible the sheer fact that it can be picked up triggers our klepto lizard brains.

That's the secondary roof I'm referring to. After you get up there though is the part I'm trying to figure out. There's a long gap to a spot right next to the helipad. Like if you are standing on the helipad you can look directly down and see the chest(s) sitting there.
    While walking up the stairs to the helipad if you go over to the normal chest you can see the opening I am referring to as well.
    If it's what I think I want to say you work your way around via the main roof?

There are also fixed sources of some mods in postgame I think.

Do you remember anything more specific? I have ran around that roof so many times I just want to get over there at this point haha. There's probably just something I am not seeing and will gladly just take a direct answer. Thanks!

• DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular

Do you remember anything more specific? I have ran around that roof so many times I just want to get over there at this point haha. There's probably just something I am not seeing and will gladly just take a direct answer. Thanks!

I think I know where you're talking about.
    So the stairs that has the chest directly under it? If you look around there's a railing with a kind of dent in it that had a small path of red matter through it. If you stand back far enough you can send a legion over it and yank yourself over to drop down. There will be one chest there, then to get the one below the stairs you have to make your way around the entire helipad and there's a spot where you have to crouch walk a significant distance to get through.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg

I think I know where you're talking about.
    So the stairs that has the chest directly under it? If you look around there's a railing with a kind of dent in it that had a small path of red matter through it. If you stand back far enough you can send a legion over it and yank yourself over to drop down. There will be one chest there, then to get the one below the stairs you have to make your way around the entire helipad and there's a spot where you have to crouch walk a significant distance to get through.
    Omg I tried that so many times my legion just kept going down the stairs. Thank you I will try more now that I know it works.

I was playing through some red missions just now for rank while going through for collectibles, but
    you want to send your Legion with ZL, not walk it down the stairs.

• BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Am I missing something with the thread title because I met like 3 dogs so far and I can’t pet them.

Am I missing something with the thread title because I met like 3 dogs so far and I can’t pet them.

It seems you can only pet the dog legion.

Very sad.

Very sad.

How do you do that? I can't figure it out.

Very sad.

The internet tells me to approach it and press A.

I keep forgetting to try it.

Very sad.

Isn't that how you give it the scent? Hmm.

Very sad.

How often are you scent tracking, though?

Very sad.

How often are you scent tracking, though?

Heyyyyy now. Don't judge.

• KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    The whole cat thing is very disappointing. You've given me a whole room full of cats and I cant pet them? Let me sit on the couch and have cats sit on me.

I wonder how long it's going to take them to patch out the leaky battery?
    In the third file there is a hidden shop with a chest inside that will always give you a leaky battery (Starting on the second time you open it first time is a rare material code.) That you can sell to the npc across from the chest for 10,000 Yen

I wonder how long it's going to take them to patch out the leaky battery?
    In the third file there is a hidden shop with a chest inside that will always give you a leaky battery (Starting on the second time you open it first time is a rare material code.) That you can sell to the npc across from the chest for 10,000 Yen

probably never? It's not like it's hard to farm cash in this game.

Yea plus the primary use for having a lot of extra cash is cosmetics. Doesn't exactly seem patch worthy to make it harder to buy the cosmetic stuff.

I suppose i'm just so used to every game single player or not having these types of things scrubbed out.

• BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Unlocked the axe legion, I want to like it but it's soo slow. Especially when chain binding. The sync attacks you unlock don't seem that good either.