As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Salt Always. The Queen Is Dead (Skadi)! Long Live The Queen (Castoria)!

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Spectrum wrote: »
    IMO, best support to grab for Karna+Arjuna today is a Raikou if you can. With a little support, she'll chew through most of their HP on her own.

Her only downside is that she also takes extra damage from them so she really needs the support/blocking.

Edit: Switched my damage support from MHXA to Raikou for anyone that wants her.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'm gonna take my Karna to that CQ for Reasons

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Divine you say!?

Lq4LP8l.jpg

Needless to say, there wasn't even a single atom left after Martha vaporized them with her fists.

Event CE I assume? Because that looks fun.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Divine you say!?

Lq4LP8l.jpg

Needless to say, there wasn't even a single atom left after Martha vaporized them with her fists.

Event CE I assume? Because that looks fun.

Yeah. I had back luck with Arjuna and Karna's actions so I didn't get to double slingshot quite as well as I was hoping.

But in the end she had Double Waver Buffs, Merlin Buffs, Nero Bride Buffs, Double Plugsuit Buff, and Self Buffs. Vaporization happened.

Raikou would obliterate them just as well/better, but also needs slightly more babysitting.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Da Vinci was a horrible fight with no Jeanne. Eventually managed it with Jalter, support Merlin, Mash, Waver, S. Marie, (unused) but it was a very tricky balancing act. The fight actually has three traps in it, which is kind of ridiculous.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Threw some friend points into the gatcha machine until I got a Shakespeare. Buffed his Buster skill to 10 and now I'm gunna blow some servants up.

Thank Throne for the auto burn options.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    edited September 2019
    Fuck this fight's hard. Failed the first time due to my own mistake, then failed due to bad luck twice right near the end. Gonna adjust things and try again later.

Edit: Finally got it, playing super safe. Went back to Martha over Godzilla, who's damage was a bit less, but her tankyness (she can survive a NP at full/high HP from Da'Vinci), her NP charge, and her ability to instantly delete a couple key enemies paid off. 45 Turns. Only death was a swapped in taunting Mash who ate an Ignore-Invincible Spriggan NP I had to have someone take.

vagrant_winds on
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I've been trying for 2-3 hours now and I do not see any possible way for me to beat it. Either something dies at the wrong time or something else happens to throw things off and she double charges into NP, or I get to the enemy with taunt and she charges her NP and puts up pierce invincible immediately. While my attack cards suddenly become the worst possible combination to try to actually kill the Sphinx.

I've wasted an entire night I could've used just farming up boxes.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    edited September 2019
    The Sphinx is one of the hardest parts of the encounter. You straight wanna nuke it in one shot with a NP (or card chain if that can/will do it) as soon as it appears.

Also Stun and NP Seal are your friends this fight. That's how you avoid Pierce-Invincibility NPs from Da'Vinci.

Other things to watch out for:
    The Manticore's NP removes buffs. This includes invincibility. Try to not let it get a NP off, as it can ruin your day.
    Similarly you either really want to either one-shot the Boar, or have an invincibility up that same turn. Since it'll debuff with 1HP Max for that turn.
    The Boar and the Ghost do AoE damage. The Boar does more.
    The Spriggan's Stun isn't nearly as annoying and it hits hard but doesn't have dangerous AoE. It's not as dangerous as the other targets and can be worked around. Also note that it'll only stun the first attacker when it had the trap buff up.

vagrant_winds on
    I went in with three stuns. I've seen two fail back to back. Even then you're only delaying it, and if the game refuses to give the right cards to Buster the Sphinx down or charge NP, you just die a few turns later anyway.

Most runs don't even get there, because something random will crit or whatever and kill something and she immediately double charges and NPs for a wipe.

If I didn't have Jeanne I wouldn't even have given it a second try. As it stands, it feels like they just expect me to use some sort of invincibility almost every turn, just in case. If I wanted to exchange all of my seals and quartz for one ticket, I guess I could beat it.

uyvfOQy.png
    edited September 2019
    A tip for King Hassan tonight.

Your Friend's King Hassan Support is immune to instant death.
    But so is BB. She's not 'immune', but her rate is 00.6%. After modifiers it's nearly a 1/1000 chance for her to be instant killed.

vagrant_winds on
    One more thing about King Hassan fight is he will only target your left fighter, so back BB up with some support and you should be fine

Also, don't forget that BB is an Arts/Crit servant like Saberlot and Li Shuwen. Having one of those two supports being either Caster Marie or Sherlock will be very helpful.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I've been dumping into Sherlock's skills, I'll put him in my Other slot.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
    Also, @Spectum has a Bitchin' Grailed Marie Caster (w/ Crit Damage Bond CE?) that he sometimes graces in his All slot.

Viva La France.

Also, Spectum has a Bitchin' Grailed Marie Caster (w/ Crit Damage Bond CE?) that he sometimes graces in his All slot.

Viva La France.
    I...think that was a request?

Grailed S. Marie in all w/ Bond CE, Grailed BB in Extra w/ MLB Event CE

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Madican wrote: »
    One more thing about King Hassan fight is he will only target your left fighter, so back BB up with some support and you should be fine

Yeah, so this isn't the case in NA right now which adds in RNG and makes the fight even harder than it ever was in JP.

This has to be a bug. But hey, if anyone wants to try super hard mode while we wait for a statement if this was intentional.

NA-Difficulty Hassan beaten, 2 CS used and still lots of app crashes (though less than Da Vinci), no shame.

Waver, Shakespeare, support Sanzang, Tamamo, Stheno(!?), Herc w/ Damage CE
    Plugsuit Sanzang to Stheno's spot, pray for good RNG
    Still needed two Sanzang NP Brave chains to break bar 1
    CS to Sanzang to keep laying damage on while her double buff stack was up
    And then CS to Herc so he could also do NP-B-B twice in a row at the end for lethal

Lots of resets to get targeting right to kill Stheno and then Shakespeare first

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Hassanns in a Mob.
    What's a Mob to Arts Stall?
    What's Arts Stall to a First Hassan?

QRElBhf.jpg

What's a First Hassan to a Magical Girl?
    Who believes in the power of love, friendship, and buster buffs.

Hi5 @Spectrum

Surfing Mordred is just absolutely wrecking this last petal node. I'm gonna be able to go faster than any of the previous two.

Used @vagrant_winds's Raikou, snoozed through the last CQ. Waver, Mash, Raikou, S. Marie, Sherlock, Tesla.

Raikou swept both waves, then eventually lost a couple people working through Nero's Guts and then Tesla came in and blew her up with a Brave Chain.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited September 2019
    Wow. This Finals is pretty easy as far as these Challenge Quests go. I'd call it way easier than the Rerun/Repeat Finals from last year for sure.

Da'Vinci and NA-Clairvoyance-Nerf-Two-Ranks-King-Hassan-Even-Harder-Than-JP are the real monsters this year.

vagrant_winds on
    Difficulty wise I would say...

Da Vinci > Hassan >>>> Suzuka > Bros >> Spartacus >> Finals > Arash

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    I'm probably just going to skip Da Vinci and Hassan because two tickets aren't worth that amount of time and effort compared to just more petal farming, since that drops Hearts and Pages like candy.

edited September 2019
    A friend who's a brand new (from earlier this year) semi-casual player from another discord just murdered Da'Vinci without any so called super-op servants. Pretty proud of him.
    (Guy used Ibaraki damage dealer, Support Jeanne, Tamamo with backline Mash, BB, and George.)

vagrant_winds on
    Finally cleared the store, sheesh.

Only 34 boxes, think I'm fairly slacc from here, I just can't be bothered much more

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    So as a surprise they dropped the Un-Nerfed insane Finale from last year as one final bonus Challenge Quest for those that dare. No rewards outside of bragging rights and a single Summoning Ticket. This fight is insane and bullshit and a stat check of the highest values. And Gods forbid you get shitty cards when you need good ones the most.

But it's not impossible. Never call it impossible.

May The Saints Go Marching In
    Alternatively. Ruler Squad: Move Out

kSIRACq.jpg
    Party
    JwvOF1r.jpg

edited September 2019
    To all F/GO Players that own Amakusa Shirou: I hate you.

...And I thank you for putting him on Support during challenge quest times.

This character is absurd. Passive 2030 50% uptime (same skill as Jeanne). Passive MLB Prisma Cosmos x2 for 5 turns. Jeanne's stun w/ a 3-turn Buster buff. And Debuff Removal-before-damage Noble Phantasm.

vagrant_winds on
    edited September 2019
    Some comments on the fight. There are three key things that the fight necessitates.

Debuff Removal. The Poisons, Burns, and Curses applied to your team this fight are both killer and last forever and are super buffed from the normal version. They will bleed you out if not removed.
    Buff Removal or/and Ignore Defense. Ozymandias and Nero are bastards with Imperial Privilege and will super stack their defensive buffs and without being able to remove them or pierce it you won't even be touching them. To make matters worse, Ozy is a constant Noble Phantasm Charging Battery to his teammates.
    Ways to survive being hit with or/and prevent Noble Phantasms. This includes Invincibility (Dodge becomes worthless after Ozy goes down), massive Defense buffs (or damage/np damage debuffs), NP Seal, NP Drain, and Stuns.

There are multiple teams that can fufull these conditions but... most of them use Jeanne to hit the Invincibility + Debuff Removal in one slot that I've seen. On damage, I've seen lots of things from Cu Alter, Ibaraki, Emiya Alter, Amasuka, Sherlock, Gilgamesh, Raikou, etc.

vagrant_winds on
    edited September 2019
    Got the Mordred looping going and... wow. This is dumb. 9 skills, 3 NPs, clear.

Now if only I had the time and patience to sink my 400 apples into this node.

Also, Mordred responsible for the downfall of Rome? Because I don't see how we aren't drowning everyone here.

Polaritie on

Also, Mordred responsible for the downfall of Rome? Because I don't see how we aren't drowning everyone here.

The Coliseum was actually built not only withstand water but could even be filled up for recreation of naval battles

• AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    7M Downloads campaign got officially announced:

I dunno why Merlin is not shown in the trailer, but he is confirmed to appear, just like in JP version of the campaign.

Madican wrote: »

The Coliseum was actually built not only withstand water but could even be filled up for recreation of naval battles

I think the sheer volume of water from Prydwen spam is beyond even that... or maybe I'm underestimating the depth they designed for.

Don't forget that this Download Campaign features a free SR ticket.

ul7Mb0f.png

Who ya' gonna pick?

Maybe another Berserker for farming? I can't think of anything else I need off that list.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Penth, at last

Reminder: 246 EXP Cards to take a servant from 1 to 80 if you want to save some from Nerofest.

I'm looking between my first copy of either LAlter or Saberlot, or NP2 DEmiya myself. Thankfully I have Li and Gorgon already and I'm not really interested in Tristan. Trying to only pick Story Locks that can never spook, otherwise Penth or Ibaraki would be tempting, neither of whom I have.

LAlter would give a a strong crit AoE lancer with NP Seal. Saberlot would give me another Arts/Crit servant next to Sherlock, BB, and Li and in a class I don't have one in. And DEmiya is just a strong single target Arts archer with good defensive survivability buffs and comes with a hard hitting single target NP that is both Defense Ignore and NP Drain where all my other Archers are at best one or the other (or neither).

I think I'll grab Salter for another NP level since she's story locked

• Up JobUp Job Registered User regular
    I ain't got any 4/5 star lancers, casters, or avengers, so any recommendations on who to pick?

PSA: Once Nerofest is over and we have a dead week.

Please, please, do your Interlude and Rank Up Quests for the Servants you have on Support. Especially the Noble Phantasm ones.