As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat] of Holding

override367override367 ALL minionsRegistered User regular
A bag of holding has an interior space considerably larger than its outside dimensions, roughly 2 feet in diameter at the mouth and 4 feet deep. The bag can hold up to 500 pounds, not exceeding a volume of 64 cubic feet. The bag weighs 15 pounds, regardless of its contents. Retrieving an item from the bag requires an action.

If the bag is overloaded, pierced, or torn, it ruptures and is destroyed, and its contents are scattered in the Astral Plane. If the bag is turned inside out, its contents spill forth, unharmed, but the bag must be put right before it can be used again. Breathing creatures inside the bag can survive up to a number of minutes equal to 10 divided by the number of creatures (minimum 1 minute), after which time they begin to suffocate.

How many [Chat] posts could fit in such a space? Could you live in one of these as an apartment in Hong Kong? Why the fuck would Geth give me a chat when I'm at work and have no unbroken period of more than 60 seconds to post?

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Hermione's Beaded Bag
    Undertale Phones
    Coco Jumbo the Turtle

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Whoever thought an 8 am meeting I physically have to be at 40 miles from my house can die in a fire.

Ugh I am tired.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    why does a bag of holding have a finite air supply
    shouldn't it be constantly pulling in air from outside? are we to believe that when the bag is closed, it is an air-tight seal? ridiculous,

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    P10 wrote: »
    shouldn't it be constantly pulling in air from outside? are we to believe that when the bag is closed, it is an air-tight seal? ridiculous,

Ugh, magic bags not behaving as I think they would

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    It's a magic bag of breath holding

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited September 2019

Wizards tend to incorporate air tight seals to discourage adventurers from stuffing all the party's halflings into the bag, because they're racist against halflings

override367 on
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Putting something into or taking it out of a bag of holding is a conscious act. The bag can't just let stuff in and out at random. The extra dimensional space is a little wibbly wobbly as to its actual presentation of existence.

Sleep on
    The air limit can be bypassed by filling a fish bowl with water, placing it on one's head, and then having Water Breathing placed on yourself. For the next 8 hours, you're good.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Hermione's Beaded Bag
    Undertale Phones
    Coco Jumbo the Turtle

The Luggage

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

Wizards tend to incorporate air tight seals to discourage adventurers from stuffing all the party's halflings into the bag, because they're racist against halflings

Do you even hear yourself? "Halfings"? Half of what? An actual person worthy of equal treatment?

Geez, way to be half woke.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    If we take a chat post to be on average 5 KB in size (many more short, text-only posts than picture posts) and we use the highest density common USB storage possible (not saying this is but using this item as a 2TB storage stick taking up 2.464 cubic inches) we get roughly 44,880 USB sticks. However even assuming a weight of 0.5 ounces, we'll hit a cap of 16,000 USB sticks long before we take up the total amount of space. So we have a total of 32,000 TB of digital storage. At 5 KB per post, this is 6.4e+12 (6.4 trillion) chat posts.

Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Though its appearance is never described, the "Thing Your Aunt Gave You Which You Don't Know What It Is" in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy computer game is a Bag of Holding that can hold any number of other items and never becomes too heavy to carry. Only one item the player encounters in the game will not fit inside it. Also, if dropped, the Thing mysteriously reappears in the player's possession several turns later, even if the player is already holding as much as they can carry

edited September 2019

Do you even hear yourself? "Halfings"? Half of what? An actual person worthy of equal treatment?

Geez, way to be half woke.

halflings have to reproduce with humans because if they have kids with each other they just keep becoming smaller fractions

override367 on
  • A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    psa: kobolds r cute n cool

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
    psa: kobolds r cute n cool

But can they live in bags of holding?

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    why thread close early

how many times did you guys say cummies

Elendil on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Geth eliminated my effortpost to EM about ownerless housing

But the gist of it is that ownerless housing is difficult to make work in a society that has ownership as concept, it would probably need to be owned by the state

In a system without ownership, though, the administrator has no incentive to do anything except benefit the dwellers, because if the dweller disagrees with the actions of the administrator they can simply refuse to respect that person as the administrator.

Elendil wrote: »
    why thread close early

Too many.

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    when I am sick I like to sit in the shower under the hot water and feel miserable for long periods of time and I'm always amazed by how little the tub fills, even after 30 straight minutes. It makes me wonder why shower heads are so aggressively targeted for water usage the the point where most compliant heads are awful and yet tubs are blanket allowed with no flow restrictions on the taps.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    End the war on showerheads my head's flow is weak I need to feel the jets pounding into my skull when I wash my hair.

Fuck Joe Manchin
    when I am sick I like to sit in the shower under the hot water and feel miserable for long periods of time and I'm always amazed by how little the tub fills, even after 30 straight minutes. It makes me wonder why shower heads are so aggressively targeted for water usage the the point where most compliant heads are awful and yet tubs are blanket allowed with no flow restrictions on the taps.

This unclogged drain privilege

Ilpala wrote: »
    End the war on showerheads my head's flow is weak I need to feel the jets pounding into my skull when I wash my hair.

I want a showerhead where the maximum setting doesn't even leave any skin left

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    my current shower head is all drilled out and the plumber who installed the valves was also the owner so they're all custom ones with no flow restriction. it is, without a doubt, the most pleasant shower in the world. and it STILL doesn't fill the tub in any reasonable amount of time.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    why thread close early

Too many.

or not enough.....

When I wash my hair I can rinse all the shampoo out in 3-4 seconds without using my hands

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    the key is rapidly balding

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

I want a gentle, refreshing rain falling from the ceiling. Large volume, wide area!

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I'd prefer not to sit next to someone in any situation TBH

spool32 wrote: »

I want a gentle, refreshing rain falling from the ceiling. Large volume, wide area!

why not both options in the same showerhead

Relax, Stun, Kill

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    my current shower head is all drilled out and the plumber who installed the valves was also the owner so they're all custom ones with no flow restriction. it is, without a doubt, the most pleasant shower in the world. and it STILL doesn't fill the tub in any reasonable amount of time.

yeah it'd take an 2 gpm shower head something like 40 minutes to fill a normal sized tub. 3.5 gpm ones (before 1985ish) would still take somewhere around 25 minutes.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    It's important for a shower to allow you to keep from wetting your hair or beard, since you don't always want to

It's important for a shower to allow you to keep from wetting your hair or beard, since you don't always want to

this is the best part about taking a shower

are you a lizard or something

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    Hm "94,504 BTC (1,018,147,922 USD) transferred from unknown wallet to unknown wallet"

• Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

It's bad to wash your hair everyday. Makes your hair oily faster and eventually makes your hair fall out idk? It's girl standard to wash hair as infrequently as possible without looking gross. Boy do I walk that line, baby.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
    Why you so snoopy man just a bro lending another bro a billion dollars, nunya business.

Fuck Joe Manchin

It's bad to wash your hair everyday. Makes your hair oily faster and eventually makes your hair fall out idk? It's girl standard to wash hair as infrequently as possible without looking gross. Boy do I walk that line, baby.

Oh no, not wash.

Wetting.

I always rinse my hair at least to wet it down, makes it a lot easier to style in the morning.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Oh no, not wash.

Wetting.

I always rinse my hair at least to wet it down, makes it a lot easier to style in the morning.

Yeah I stopped washing my hair everyday, but I definitely rinse it down everyday. I mean if anything just out of lazyness I'm not going to avoid getting my hair wet when I'm washing my face.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I voted

With 5 minutes until it closes

ftOqU21.png
    Making a transaction this large is a security risk. It effectively establishes a billion dollar bounty for any party who can rewrite enough blocks to erase it. Now that the value resides in a single coin, any subsequent transaction faces the same risk. Plunking this much value into a single coin seems like an odd strategy at best. Not to mention the destruction of privacy in combining all those inputs into a single transaction with a single output.

I can think of one reason you might want to do this. A consortium/trust has formed in which individuals pay into a common pool of money. That money is then protected with a multi signature script (consistent with the P2SH type). Given a threshold of signatures, the money can be spent, subject to other constraints. These will remain unknown until the first payment is made. At that point we'll know the number and identity of all the eligible keys and the threshold needed to make payment.

If so, this transaction can be thought of as a kind of digital charter for the consortium in that it defines how the money can be spent going forward.

Guys this is just the plot hook to a real-life cyberpunk novel

Who is coming with me on this run?

This discussion has been closed.