As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat] of Holding

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Grammarly.

We banned that on work computers because it sends shit to their servers for parsing.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    just saw a monarch butterfly out the window

i'm on the 60th floor!

poo
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Grammarly.

We banned that on work computers because it sends shit to their servers for parsing.
    That's hilarious and of course it does.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Fuck the people in Grammarly ads are insanely stupid.

They are the people in infomercials of linguistics.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Y’all are a bunch of prudes. “Daddy’s gross, don’t talk about having sex with your dad.” Or people use it to express different feelings and thoughts that aren’t literally about their dads, including the very mild S&M dynamic of a dominant partner??

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    it must be weird to date someone who shares a name with a family member
    I try to avoid dating people who share my last name.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    MrMister wrote: »
    Y’all are a bunch of prudes. “Daddy’s gross, don’t talk about having sex with your dad.” Or people use it to express different feelings and thoughts that aren’t literally about their dads, including the very mild S&M dynamic of a dominant partner??
    Calm down, son.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    On this the 20th anniversary of the Dreamcast's US launch im going to post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEzXFuYN89k

The Grammarly user base is people who just slam their hands up and down on the keyboard and ask for money for job.

• SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

I didn't pick up a high enough Etiquette: Academy to write it, but I'm sure there's a grayed-out option for it that says "something something inherently coercive power dynamics"

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    echo I saw a guy who did something similar with balloons and knives/scissors/cacti

I wonder if it's the same dude let me see if I can find it

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Ilpala wrote: »
    End the war on showerheads my head's flow is weak I need to feel the jets pounding into my skull when I wash my hair.

I want a showerhead where the maximum setting doesn't even leave any skin left

I want a gentle, refreshing rain falling from the ceiling. Large volume, wide area!

I want my shower room (yes, room) to replicate exactly what's going on weather-wise that day in northern Thailand

If it's not raining it's not raining

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular

Why the fuck didn’t I become an artist

I guess for me since parental sexual abuse is pretty rampant, its boner killing to hear it in sex talk.

I mean it'd be the same way if like your partner was a former altar boy and wanted to call you father during sex a lot.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

Im legit mad at all that wasted food.

Athenor wrote: »

Hmm. Only heard of the 808 in pop culture.

Also that looks like an extremely uncomfortable position to play in.

the 909 is much more known for being the sound key in the development in techno/house/acid, but definitely not as widely used
    the 808 was used a lot in more pop / hip hop so it makes sense

poo
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

I was really hoping that was a zealous foley artist, until I got to the one that looked like he was sticking his head in a pile of ker-plunk or something. That had such potential to poke the eyes. Hell, my parents wouldn't let me play with.. um.. a toy whose name escapes me because they were so afraid of me poking out my eyes!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    with grammarly, it's ok that you huffed rubber cement through elementary school and got your highschool diploma by slipping through the cracks.

grammarly will take your quasi-modo solvent-brain prose and turn it into bland, algorithmic text

Testimonial: Every writer should use grammarly. I used to think I was a good writer. But with the help of grammarly's constant, automated, and authoritative-sounding criticism, I barely trust myself to string together two words without an algorithm assuring me that I haven't fucked up. thanks daddy grammarly

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    Preacher wrote: »
    I guess for me since parental sexual abuse is pretty rampant, its boner killing to hear it in sex talk.

I mean it'd be the same way if like your partner was a former altar boy and wanted to call you father during sex a lot.
    Yeah it's a big boner killer for me due to my childhood abuse but I understand why it is a kink for others.

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

Im legit mad at all that wasted food.
    Spaghetti is barely food, it's not howtobasic

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Wonderful news chat! Girlfriend came back from the vet with the dog, who has apparently somewhat improved and will soldier on for the time being! Was crushing me to think about her going through this alone.

Goddamn what a relief.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
    Opens good word notebook: "Quasimodo solvent brain prose"

Yeah it's a big boner killer for me due to my childhood abuse but I understand why it is a kink for others.

Nope sorry if its gross for me its gross for everyone. I AM THE MAIN CHARACTER OF THIS STORY!

pleasepaypreacher.net

It’s not for me either, but not being for me =\= “what it means to me is what it means to everyone else.”

Also, the number of people who say daddy >>> the number of people who have been sexually abused by their dads and that comparison (if you’re implying molestation) is crazytown

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

The use of "daddy" to express submission to a dominant figure in a sexual context is pretty, uh, fraught, I think

This is kinda like when people have fantasies about abuse and violence but enact them only with consenting partners. You're not disallowed from indulging those desires, sure, nor should you be, but that doesn't mean your desires can't be evaluated or judged

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Ooowooo

This is appropriation

I tried to date someone with my little sister’s name

Yeah no

what about zaddy

poo
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    I know grammarly would annoy the shit out of me

I'm locked in an eternal battle with Word's refusal to accept the construction "[comma] however" and its constant insistence that the word "staff" can't be treated as a collective noun, even when it's set to UK English

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    yes it's the same guy!

https://youtu.be/1KioyaKRawg

Athenor wrote: »

Hmm. Only heard of the 808 in pop culture.

Also that looks like an extremely uncomfortable position to play in.

808 = BOOMMM
    909 = BANG

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    All sex is digusting as it occurs between people, who are also disgusting.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    There's nothing ethically fraught about daddy son play or consentual nonconsentual play. I don't even.

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Only robot sex is pure

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »

I tried to date someone with my little sister’s name

Yeah no
    This feels like a civil rights violation

The Grammarly user base is people who just slam their hands up and down on the keyboard and ask for money for job.

Wait does that work

yes it's the same guy!

https://youtu.be/1KioyaKRawg
    I would pay for one that's just him wrecking a bunch of dudes' balls in rapid succession.

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »

Wait does that work

Apparently!

This discussion has been closed.