As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [NFL] Sucks and I Hate it!

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I know folks in here by and large hate the Patriots and that is fine and I'm empathetic towards it, but also can we all agree that there's just something delightful about the Steelers getting absolutely wafflestomped by the team that picked up Antonio Brown after they more or less pushed him out and then high-fived themselves for doing it?

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    I know folks in here by and large hate the Patriots and that is fine and I'm empathetic towards it, but also can we all agree that there's just something delightful about the Steelers getting absolutely wafflestomped by the team that picked up Antonio Brown after they more or less pushed him out and then high-fived themselves for doing it?

Karma often has a laser scope.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I only really dislike the patriots because it’s boring that they always win.

But I dislike the Steelers because they’re assholes, so boring is better than that.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i don't know that the steelers entirely pushed him out anymore. the guy literally just forced himself out of the team that traded for him, so perhaps he made the situation just as untenable for the steelers.

The steelers suck and ben is scum but at some point some part of it has to fall on the guy consulting social media managers with the best way to get released from his team. idk.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Good things from the game last night.

Michael Bennet yelling "WAKANDA FOREVER" during player introductions.

"False start. Every lineman except the center."

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I need one more game before I say Gardner is legit

• Options
    the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    Not to downplay Belichick in the slightest but I've always found the impulse to write Brady out of the story and make him out to be just a regular good quarterback to be really strange

I agree, but I think it’s possible that 42 year old Brady is “just a guy”

I think Brady is just a guy physically at this point. His skill at this point is the understanding of the game that comes from almost two decades under Belichick. I wager on 95% of pass plays Brady knows where he's going before the ball is snapped. That combined with the pocket presence of a seasoned veteran leads to very few negative plays. It's a lot easier to sustain drives when you're almost never behind the chains.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Eagles fans showed up to the game with a casket with a Sean Taylor jersey draped on top of it.

Fucking Eagles fans.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    If Brady is just a guy physically at 42, I hate to think what that means I am. I'm 42 and I'm probably built more like the mattress he has sex with in that commercial.

• Options
    the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    "Just a guy" in the context of NFL QBs. I don't think Brady has more physical talent than the other top tier QBs in the league. I think his perpetual success comes from being able to use his knowledge and understanding of the game to wield his talent effectively and efficiently.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Sounds like some people here are counting out touchdown tom

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Eagles fans showed up to the game with a casket with a Sean Taylor jersey draped on top of it.

Fucking Eagles fans.

And then some tried to fight Mike Scott in front of it when he was mad about it

Mike Scott is, of course, forward for the Philadelphia 76ers

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i don't know that the steelers entirely pushed him out anymore. the guy literally just forced himself out of the team that traded for him, so perhaps he made the situation just as untenable for the steelers.

The steelers suck and ben is scum but at some point some part of it has to fall on the guy consulting social media managers with the best way to get released from his team. idk.

Was born in Pittsburgh, still passively root for the team even though I find myself not even watching football anymore after being disgusted with the jingoism and the lack of care for medical needs and what have you, but I think ultimately the Steelers used to be the focus of the ire the way Patriots are right now, the fanbase started huffing their own farts, and then actual bad things/people happened with the team (looking at YOU, Ben) which led to both people using a legitimate reason to bash the team as an excuse to let out frustrations re: Steelers' success, which led the fanbase to circle the wagons around a genuine shit person, and me to just start hating everything.

AB has proven himself very capable of stirring up shit. How much was an act, how much was genuine problems which may or may not stem from CTE only time will tell, but I can't blame the Steelers FO for wanting to be done with his actions. My main takeaway from the end result of the situation is basically that it's reinforcing the same problem I've started having with the league for years: it's boring. The same teams have the same success over and over and nothing changes and I just can't bring myself to give a shit anymore, particularly when the league has the general problems it has. CFB has been the same with Alabama and Clemson, honestly. Everything is just faffing about until the expected people are there AGAIN.

So mostly, the end result is that the sports I pay attention to now are hockey and watching MLS Lucy-Charlie Brown Sacramento over and over which sadly never gets old. The AB drama was enough to make me look over in this direction again from a popcorn perspective, but I already find that interest waning. *shrug*

• Options
    edited September 2019

Fucking Eagles fans.

And then some tried to fight Mike Scott in front of it when he was mad about it

Mike Scott is, of course, forward for the Philadelphia 76ers

it's a very mike scott thing to happen. he's great.

there also was no casket with a sean taylor jersey draped over it. there was a casket but it had a tshirt with 1991 on it, the last year washington won the super bowl. the sean taylor thing is a creation of the internet and is flagrantly untrue.

here is the coffin in question with the tshirt in question on it.

edit: also the coffin is a cowboys themed coffin which is very amusing and i now enjoy this bit. i wish they didn't start a fight over it but that's pretty good.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Well I'm glad for that at least.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    oh, internet

• Options
    The line for the Patriots Dolphins game is at 16.5

COWARDS! I'll take the Pats all day long with that.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    the wook wrote: »
    Not to downplay Belichick in the slightest but I've always found the impulse to write Brady out of the story and make him out to be just a regular good quarterback to be really strange

I agree, but I think it’s possible that 42 year old Brady is “just a guy”

I think Brady is just a guy physically at this point. His skill at this point is the understanding of the game that comes from almost two decades under Belichick. I wager on 95% of pass plays Brady knows where he's going before the ball is snapped. That combined with the pocket presence of a seasoned veteran leads to very few negative plays. It's a lot easier to sustain drives when you're almost never behind the chains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfr6A5BQfY0

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

As long as the you here is a christian hetero person.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    I thought I couldn't love Chris Long any more than I already did. I was wrong. He's joining Ryen Russillo on his podcast for the NFL season and on today's episode revealed that one of the greatest NFL troll moves of all time was actually his idea. Legend.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Chris Long is good

• Options
    things that are less good: espn's mnf coverage.

they're just so bad.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Funny, I was just thinking that I like Booger a lot more this year now that they got him off the stupid cart and axed Witten. I didn't get home from work until midway through the 3rd quarter, though, so they may well have sounded extra-stupid in the first half.

• Options
    Yikes Tunsil. Not a great look for a guy the team just mortgaged their future for.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Where do I go to bid on the Boogermobile?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    saints fans are going to burn down the superdome at this rate

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I'm so glad this stupid sport is back

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Deshaun Watson should get to punch the defensive coordinator a ton for that last series.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    wow what a kick. i thought it got tipped it had so much knuckle on it, but he just kicked the fuck out of it.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    That was a damn good game.

I don't have faith the raiders/broncos can live up to it

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Hoping my Raiders can hold a lead for once. Won't be holding my breath though.

• Options
    I will NOT miss them playing on baseball dirt, so shameful.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    It won’t happen but i would love it if the Raiders end up being great without AB and he ends up tanking the Pats.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    So many penalties in this. Raiders look pretty solid though

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Can't decide if I'm impressed with how the Raiders defense is playing or if I just haven't recalibrated to watching a Joe Flacco offense after the 4th quarter between Brees and Watson

• Options
    Flacco proving why Ravens got rid of him over a rookie qb. Raiders defense is MUCH improved over last year when they couldn't stop anything. They probably won't be a top ten defense, but won't be dead last again either.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Raiders defense is okay but the broncos offense is specifically engineered to look awful in every way against any opponent

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
This discussion has been closed.