As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I hope you don't mind the old [SE++ WoW] thread

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    My DH is at 390ish. With mostly just opened armor from the new place.
    SPriest is quite a bit behind that.
    Might be best to work on the pally, but I'm up for doing whatever.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Most of our M+ group is doing 13-15s on the easier dungeons and modifiers, and I think with M+ scaling a 14 is like literally twice as hard as a 10. Also keep in mind at the beginning of season 3 we were timing 10s with a group full of 412-417s, so doing a 10 on time with just one or two 430s is super reasonable.

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I'd be down to help with anyone's 10 keys.

I haven't been able to get a weekly in for a couple weeks due to my schedule, but the next few days I should hopefully be able to. Really don't want to miss hard mechagon this week.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    zeny coming back has revitalized me and now I want to do M+ again

BahamutZERO.gif
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    My DH is at 390ish. With mostly just opened armor from the new place.
    SPriest is quite a bit behind that.
    Might be best to work on the pally, but I'm up for doing whatever.

Paladin is probably better then, having a tank available will get us going quicker and it gives us a better chance of making timers if we at least try to win lol

7yh4xczljsym.png
    Disclaimer on my mechagon run tonight it's just gonna be normal because I just need clear credit

7yh4xczljsym.png
    I'll come along for that if you page me on b.net

BahamutZERO.gif
    i'm probably gonna log on in like an hour and a half or so for all my big plans

7yh4xczljsym.png
    step 1 of big plans is probably happening soonish if anyone wants regular mechagon

7yh4xczljsym.png
    @Bucketman or any other healperson we could use you for mechaplace

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    mechagon and nazjatar meta achievements are some really blatant attempts to keep people subbed longer, jesus

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    mechagon and nazjatar meta achievements are some really blatant attempts to keep people subbed longer, jesus

I think i dislike the mechagon ones more, specifically the construction one.

steam_sig.png

It sucks ass because I want that crab

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    The one that takes 90 days of logging in is pretty bullshit

mkc.png
  • ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Lord Dave wrote: »

is that the bodyguard one? Thankfully you can shave days and days off of that by getting the items. Like the rare bark and the not rare bark, and the naga attack plans.

• Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    True
    I think I’ve found 2 of them in total over the course of 30 days worth of dailies, saving almost half a day so far

mkc.png
    True
    I think I’ve found 2 of them in total over the course of 30 days worth of dailies, saving almost half a day so far

well, the rare bark is a 100% drop from the big coral rares on a weekly timer, and the naga attack plans are either found in scrying chests or you can buy them from mrrl, he had one today actually as his cloak item.

You can definitely shave off some decent amounts of days by checking in with mrrl every day and also doing the weekly bark thing.

Zenyatoo wrote: »
    True

well, the rare bark is a 100% drop from the big coral rares on a weekly timer, and the naga attack plans are either found in scrying chests or you can buy them from mrrl, he had one today actually as his cloak item.

You can definitely shave off some decent amounts of days by checking in with mrrl every day and also doing the weekly bark thing.

If it's 100% now it certainly wasn't the first few weeks of the patch. It was 4 or 5 days in before people even knew how to activate all of them, and they were around a 5% drop for a while. By the time I already had flying they got bumped up to about 20-25%.

Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Zenyatoo wrote: »
    True

If it's 100% now it certainly wasn't the first few weeks of the patch. It was 4 or 5 days in before people even knew how to activate all of them, and they were around a 5% drop for a while. By the time I already had flying they got bumped up to about 20-25%.

Seems like you all might just be bad.

edited September 2019
    Anyone up for a Mythic tonight? I have a key for a +10 and was hoping to atleast clear a 10 for the chest. This is on the Pally, so I'd need heals/dps.

I did get a 2 hander so I could go ret, but not really sure how my numbers would look.

Radiation on
    edited September 2019

As far as artificial time gating goes, that’s not even as bad as the Mardivas one that takes minimum 13 weeks. The nazjatar meta also has a few exceptionally miserable rares needed for the kill every rare achievement. One of them is a low spawn chance rare that can only spawn after killing a different rare that has a 1 hour spawn timer. Another is an extremely rare spawn for any of the Lost / Wayward Algans, which might have been fine the first few weeks of Nazj content but nobody bothers to kill them anymore. At least you only need to kill them once ever for the achievement

Mechagon on the other hand has rares that generally respawn more quickly, but you need some <10% drop rate things from everything. The thing that prompted the post in the first place was the discs of norgannon daily was up, that gets you 4 chances at 3 things ONLY available when that daily is up. I didn’t get any of them. And before someone gets pedantic, the blue spraybot blueprint from crazy trogg has such a low drop chance I don't even consider it on his drop table. There’s also a few shitty spawns you need to work for, like oxidized leachbeast and gear checker cogstar, that you need drops from. If you get lucky and get their drops early, it’d save a lot of time manually spawning them

To mechagons credit, though, at least once you have a drop from a guy you can then completely ignore it, and if all you’re missing is stuff from a particular daily you can just ignore mechagon if it’s not up... though that again artificially extends the length of time it’s relevant and you need to be subbed to complete

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Anyone up for a Mythic tonight? I have a key for a +10 and was hoping to atleast clear a 10 for the chest. This is on the Pally, so I'd need heals/dps.

I did get a 2 hander so I could go ret, but not really sure how my numbers would look.

Depends on what dungeon it is

never been happier to not give a fuck about collecting all the stupid bullshit in patch zones

BahamutZERO.gif
    It is still weird to me that Mechagon doesn't have traditional dailies like how nazjatar does and theres no emissary stuff which really helps.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Yeah I need a +10 for the week

Mechagon dailies give a shit load of rep what are you talking about

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    Well the emissaries help? Like you'd get an extra 2500 for each one. Thats more!

Emissaries are 1500 rep, but mechagon doesn’t have those because you can easily get that rep every day just from doing the dailies and the WQ in the zone. For every other BFA rep, emissary is the only practical way to get rep. Mechagon looks initially awful, rep grind wise, but it actually isn’t that bad

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    If I'm present I can do more m+, my warlock is raid appropriate ilvl now but some slots might still get a bump from end of instance drops

7yh4xczljsym.png
    yeah the zone WQ for mechagon gives what, like 800 something rep every day? on top of whatever else you do

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    the average xp/day works out to be pretty much the same for both zones, provided you do everything available each day.

edited September 2019
    Bucketman wrote: »

Depends on what dungeon it is

Kings Rest
    with
    Fortified
    Bursting
    Volcanic
    Beguiling

No idea if this is a terrible one. I'm up for doing a different one as well.

Radiation on
    Javen wrote: »
    the average xp/day works out to be pretty much the same for both zones, provided you do everything available each day.

well yeah but if someone say, wasn't doing the big daily, it would definitely seem to them that it was much harder to get rep when it's probably the easiest in practice

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    edited September 2019

As far as artificial time gating goes, that’s not even as bad as the Mardivas one that takes minimum 13 weeks. The nazjatar meta also has a few exceptionally miserable rares needed for the kill every rare achievement. One of them is a low spawn chance rare that can only spawn after killing a different rare that has a 1 hour spawn timer. Another is an extremely rare spawn for any of the Lost / Wayward Algans, which might have been fine the first few weeks of Nazj content but nobody bothers to kill them anymore. At least you only need to kill them once ever for the achievement

Mechagon on the other hand has rares that generally respawn more quickly, but you need some <10% drop rate things from everything. The thing that prompted the post in the first place was the discs of norgannon daily was up, that gets you 4 chances at 3 things ONLY available when that daily is up. I didn’t get any of them. And before someone gets pedantic, the blue spraybot blueprint from crazy trogg has such a low drop chance I don't even consider it on his drop table. There’s also a few shitty spawns you need to work for, like oxidized leachbeast and gear checker cogstar, that you need drops from. If you get lucky and get their drops early, it’d save a lot of time manually spawning them

To mechagons credit, though, at least once you have a drop from a guy you can then completely ignore it, and if all you’re missing is stuff from a particular daily you can just ignore mechagon if it’s not up... though that again artificially extends the length of time it’s relevant and you need to be subbed to complete

One of the mechagon blueprints is from the 10k exalted chest, so depending on luck that could be a couple of weeks in or never.

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
    Javen wrote: »

Im finding mechagon lagging behind nazjatar slightly, but part of that is because every day a number of the dailies are locked behind chromie's alternate future that I can't go to because the blueprint that takes you there only drops in said future so you have to farm it the first time she shows up in town.

My solution to this is to use a mechagon contract because hey, it turns out other people are revered so they can make and sell them. It's not a massive amount of rep, but it's helping.

Who is down for M+ tonight and what time works best?

I am, I can do any time.
    @Javen @Dys @Blackbeard7 and who else?

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I can be online in an hour for stuff if I'm needed

I can stop whatever I'm doing and log on whenever

7yh4xczljsym.png
    I'm down. I'll be home in about an hour

Raaaaaaid?