As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Zilliax has amazingly dropped below 50% play rate again, and Zephrys is now up to 33% with SN1P-SN4P. I actually would have thought Zeph would be higher now since he is even in a few non-Highlander decks.

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Why the fuck does tomb warden exist? Does blizzard just hate everyone not playing 30+ minute warrior matches?

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »
    Why the fuck does tomb warden exist? Does blizzard just hate everyone not playing 30+ minute warrior matches?
    And it curves and has perfect synergy to amegadillo which can be discovered from the frightened flunkies

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    yknow what's peak bullshit

playing aggro warrior and getting both armagedillo and tomb warden off your frightened flunkies

:^)

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Caught a live one

ubIB3LE.jpg

Bahahaha.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    3 warrior wins quest

Queue up good old control warrior

3 agonizing protracted losses later I had to go to work

This game really fucking sucks when you can't win a game to save your life

(All losses were to Zephrys, one from singleton Octosari aggro, one from holy wrath paladin and one from brann hunter with the perfect curve)

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Went into the weekend 20-6 with Aggro Rogue.

Came out of the weekend 21-14 with Aggro Rogue.

Twitch: Thawmus83
    edited September 2019
    Don't think this was posted yet. Twitch Drops are back for Hearthstone Grandmasters: https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/23135673/

Twitch Drops will be returning for the remainder of Grandmasters Season 2! Running on the Twitch.tv/PlayHearthstone channel exclusively during the designated time frames, we’ll make it rain Saviors of Uldum card packs--at random, once an hour, we’ll drop 1,500 packs to viewers who have linked their Twitch and Battle.net accounts.

Season 2 Twitch Drop Dates and Times (Twitch.tv/PlayHearthstone only):

September 6, 2 a.m. – 4 p.m. PDT
    September 7, 2 a.m. – 4 p.m. PDT
    September 8, 2 a.m. – 4 p.m. PDT
    September 13, 2 a.m. – 4 p.m. PDT
    September 14, 2 a.m. – 4 p.m. PDT
    September 15, 2 a.m. – 4 p.m. PDT
    September 20, 2 a.m. – 4 p.m. PDT
    September 21, 2 a.m. – 4 p.m. PDT
    September 22, 2 a.m. – 4 p.m. PDT
    September 27, 2 a.m. – 4 p.m. PDT
    September 28, 2 a.m. – 4 p.m. PDT
    September 29, 2 a.m. – 4 p.m. PDT
    October 4, 2 a.m. – 4 p.m. PDT
    October 5, 2 a.m. – 4 p.m. PDT
    October 6, 2 a.m. – 4 p.m. PDT

So basically just rip open a tab and live up that afk life.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    The 1,500 packs/hour with no guaranteed packs usually means 0 or 1 packs total. Oh well, doesn't hurt to run the stream anyway. Wish I knew about it this last weekend.

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Don't think this was posted yet. Twitch Drops are back for Hearthstone Grandmasters: https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/23135673/

So basically just rip open a tab and live up that afk life.

I got like 6 packs from it this weekend.

I would have done my results writeup again this week but their website has all the games recorded incorrectly ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    This proves what we've always suspected about Yilias' RNG.

forty wrote: »
    This proves what we've always suspected about Yilias' RNG.

He siphons it from everyone else thus creating an imbalance of luck as he sits atop his gilded throne?

DNiDlnb.png
    Another, more subtle reason the new paid single player content formula Blizzard seems to be going with now (Dalaran Heist and Tombs of Terror) is a shitty value is that the packs you are getting are coming weeks later in the expansion cycle, which implicitly lowers their value more than the already subpar $/pack proposition. Because many people will have crafted some of the better cards by 1-2 months into the expansion, the packs you open from the single player content at this point are more likely to give you useless legendaries and duplicate epics/rares, which of course reduces the average dust value of a pack.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Kripp posted this Gunspire Aggro Warrior that looks like a ton of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz6Jf9r1law

Gonna be honest, not sure why people play Zephrys so early. Seems to grab board control early but if you're up against an aggro deck that's not gonna last anyways.

Also while that Gunspire deck is cool, -10 points to Kripp for not having a deck code anywhere. Not on the Youtube channel, not on the Twitch clip, nowhere. Sucks.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    THIS IS YOUR 24 HOUR WARNING!

Make sure to have two empty quests spots tonight by midnight in order to not have a quest overwritten by the Brawl quest tomorrow.

THIS IS YOUR 24 HOUR WARNING!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Gonna be honest, not sure why people play Zephrys so early. Seems to grab board control early but if you're up against an aggro deck that's not gonna last anyways.
    I mean if I have zephrys on the curve I'll play him if I've got some minions on the board, usually I'll get a bloodlust or savage roar, and put some real dps on them.

Denying early board control against aggro sounds fantastic? Doubly so if you're Hunter and have no real board clears.

Yilias wrote: »
    Denying early board control against aggro sounds fantastic? Doubly so if you're Hunter and have no real board clears.

I dunno haven't seen it win the game for anyone yet. Maybe you're right though.

edited September 2019
    When the choice is between "do nothing this turn and probably next turn also" and "lose lategame value but also don't immediately lose the game right now",

I take the latter every time.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Also is Zephy-boy supposed to offer Flare? My Hunter opponent had 4 secrets up and Zeph literally did not give me Flare as a choice. Was really odd.

Oh, but I just checked the replay, the board state might've influenced it? Opponent was at 15 life 4 secrets one 5/3 on board. I had 16 life a 3/2 a 6/1 and Zeph on board with 8 mana remaining, he offered.... Fireball/Avenging Wrath/Windfury.

The turn prior my opponent didn't have any minions on board but I was still waiting for the coffee to kick in and I brainfarted and didn't play Zeph, only to realize that he might've offered Flare....?

Oh hmm found this too:
    Zephrys can offer specific counter cards such as Acidic Swamp Ooze if the opponent has a weapon,[23] Flare if they have an active Secret,[24] Crazed Alchemist if they have a Doomsayer,[1] Hungry Crab if they have a Murloc,[25] and Sacrificial Pact if they're transformed into Lord Jaraxxus.[26][16]
    Zephrys, however, sometimes may not offer Flare even if the opponent has an active secret and there is 2 mana remaining to spend.[27][28]
    Zephrys is able to offer Flare if the opponent has five (a Christmas tree!) of Hunter Secrets,[29] but sometimes not when he thinks you have lethal through other means (but the secrets actually make it impossible).[30]

Would he have offered me Flare if I spent my mana down first? He offers things according to how much mana you have left, right?

God, the knowledge required to manipulate this card, man.

DNiDlnb.png
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Also is Zephy-boy supposed to offer Flare? My Hunter opponent had 4 secrets up and Zeph literally did not give me Flare as a choice. Was really odd.

Oh, but I just checked the replay, the board state might've influenced it? Opponent was at 15 life 4 secrets one 5/3 on board. I had 16 life a 3/2 a 6/1 and Zeph on board with 8 mana remaining, he offered.... Fireball/Avenging Wrath/Windfury.

The turn prior my opponent didn't have any minions on board but I was still waiting for the coffee to kick in and I brainfarted and didn't play Zeph, only to realize that he might've offered Flare....?

Oh hmm found this too:
    Zephrys can offer specific counter cards such as Acidic Swamp Ooze if the opponent has a weapon,[23] Flare if they have an active Secret,[24] Crazed Alchemist if they have a Doomsayer,[1] Hungry Crab if they have a Murloc,[25] and Sacrificial Pact if they're transformed into Lord Jaraxxus.[26][16]
    Zephrys, however, sometimes may not offer Flare even if the opponent has an active secret and there is 2 mana remaining to spend.[27][28]
    Zephrys is able to offer Flare if the opponent has five (a Christmas tree!) of Hunter Secrets,[29] but sometimes not when he thinks you have lethal through other means (but the secrets actually make it impossible).[30]

Would he have offered me Flare if I spent my mana down first? He offers things according to how much mana you have left, right?

Your wish is my suggestion.

Sic transit gloria mundi.

Oh hmm found this too:

Getting down to less/2 mana might have increased the chance of him giving you Flare, but it would seem that, according to the [27][28] statement, even then he might not have given it to you.

As a Zephrys side note, I wonder if Blizzard plans to update his logic at all if/when they add or nerf Basic/Classic cards. For example, I have seen Zephrys give that new 5 mana secret destroying minion that got added to Classic a few months ago. If they happen to add another techy card like that next year, I wonder if they'll integrate it into Zephrys.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Is Quest Control Rogue already a thing? Because I think I'm making it a thing. Just hit rank 8 and not slowing down. It absolutely feasts on other control decks (I get a huge smile when I matchup against Warrior) and feels like it has a decent matchup against Quest Shaman and Druid. My only problems are most flavors of Paladin and Aggro Rogue.

One Zephrys edge case I was able to see was in the final battle of the Tavern Brawl, because I ended up taking Double Battlecry as my second treasure. I played Zeph in a later turn 9-10 mana, can't recall for sure, expecting to be offered the exact same cards twice. In the first batch were a couple of "this turn" cards, along with Ysera as a value bomb card for next turn. I took Ysera since I wasn't behind on board. The next Zephrys offering had the same two cheaper cards, but this turn he offered Tirion as the big boi value card. I think I went from 4 cards in hand to 5 after gaining the first Zephrys card.

My guess is that Zephrys evaluates Ysera more highly the smaller your hand size is.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    New patch details.

While most of it is putting in the Solo Mode content, there was a few notes that caught my eye. Most importantly:
    • The smart deck builder works for Wild now. Still a work in progress though, so it may not be perfect.
    • Discovering cards will NO LONGER APPLY A CLASS BONUS. That's huge for dealing with Control Warrior.
    • Elise now duplicates from left to right.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited September 2019
    Discover change is also a nerf to Blazing Invocation.

Yilias on
    The discover change is fucking major, period.

Technically a minor nerf to Aggro Warrior as well.

Is anyone playing that?

edited September 2019
    My quests from last two days:
    yWucIRZ.jpg

Well okay then

Muffinatron on
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Is anyone playing that?

I was, which is usually a pretty good indicator nobody else is.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    yWucIRZ.jpg

Well okay then
    Meanwhile I am on yet another 50/50/50 streak. Fuckin' hell.

UM????

THAT DISCOVER CHANGE IS LIKE ACTUALLY REALLY HUGE? THAT'S A FUNDAMENTAL CHANGE TO THE WAY THE GAME WORKS???

WHY THE FUCK IS THAT ONLY BEING COVERED IN A FOOTNOTE AT THE BOTTOM????????

DNiDlnb.png
  • TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    It seems like a major nerf to Omega Assembly and a lesser nerf to Delivery Drone, given how high quality warrior mechs are.

teriferin#1625
    yWucIRZ.jpg

Well okay then
    Meanwhile I am on yet another 50/50/50 streak. Fuckin' hell.

I was on a 50/50/50 streak prior to this. So you never know when your luck will turn.

It seems very disingenuous to me that Blizzard advertises that spending $20 on the solo adventure gets you 15 packs, when it's really only 12.

• ShadowofVTShadowofVT Robot Overlord Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Got an 80g quest for someone lined up. Please be my friend and profit.

Shadow#1525

ShadowofVT on