As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] 3.11 is Harvest, aka Plants Vs Exiles aka Come On And Slam League

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2633836/page/1
    Patch tonight, covering these issues:
    The Pulsating Grotto, Restless Rubble and Haunted Remains Delve encounters cannot be completed.
    Dying in a map Labyrinth Trial resurrecting you in hideout instead of the map.
    Incorrect default location when entering Hideout.
    Summoned Raging Spirits not prioritising targets correctly.
    Bodyswap not interacting correctly with Zombies when using Aukuna's Will.
    They're aware of stability and performance issues with Blight, no time given for fixes

Thank god for that. I occasionally had spirits go tearing off in the other direction to hit something a screen away instead of the pack directly in front of me. Hopefully this fixes that

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    secretly op: burning arrow crit ignite builds

thank u ggg for this perfect agony buf

Please explain I’ve been wanting to do this for so many leagues

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    What's better than 1/260th of a mirror? 1/9th of a mirror.

Gsc7216.jpg?1

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    secretly op: burning arrow crit ignite builds

thank u ggg for this perfect agony buf

Please explain I’ve been wanting to do this for so many leagues

i mean its pretty much

stack burning ailment multi on tree and the new burning multi on crit nodes between shadow and witch

get crit multi and perfect agony so half of it turns into ailment multi

get dyadian dawn for more burn dps, threshold for double ignites and a malevolence faster ailment watchers probably with whatever other juice you want. true swaglords go marylenes fallacy of course

i doing it as elementalist because im cool so you get golems for mass damage, stats, accuracy, free crit etc, 30% inc damage taken from shocks and 20% more ignite plus if you can be bothered the option of getting budget stormfire/hrimburn by waiting for your buff

an easy cheap setup would be xophs nurture + signal fire, run malevolence, rank 1 precision, herald of ash and purity / get a few aura nodes and drop in anger

then run hyrris ire chest, random abyssals with cold/fire/phys on

combustion + wave of conviction for 45 shred, curse on hit flam from whatever source you want (ring, herald, whatever), if you want extreme swag just go malachais artifice with ele hit socketed and a single fire knockout combat focus and use ele hit once on bosses for free 40% extra shred, if not extreme swag just put herald of thunder in it

then just do whatever you want. lots of options lots of ways to scale lots of dippy shit, tonnes of obviously good notables to grab to mix up your pathing (eg dont bother pathing to bow crit nodes and just grab lethality as an anointment, etc). could go coralitos for maximum pathing laziness and just snort good nodes. but ya millions of shaper dps is very achievable on shit cheap gear, i was at over a million before doing merciless lab at level 70 before i stopped.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Day 4: Second Wasp Nest acquired. 5 Link Dendrobate purchased, along with Coralito's. Need to find a Starkonja's and then decide if I want to Witchfire Brew or not. I'd like to be able to fit HoA back in considering how much damage it deals and Witchfire Brew would let me do that.

Damage rotation is now: attack for one-two packs, max out Green RF, turn on Green RF, whirling through a quarter of the map until it runs out, attack for one-two packs, repeat.

Survivability is okay, but being evasion dodge means I play pingpong flask piano more often. Tier 7 maps are pretty simple so yellows seem fine.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Looks like skitterbots are going to start benefiting from Infernal Legion.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Is there any nodes or items that buff Infernal Legion damage? It seems like increased fire damage does nothing, minion damage does nothing, at the very least the tool tip doesn't change. Without in game combat text I don't know how to figure out what does and doesn't affect it. With no means of buffing it, the damage doesn't seem like it would be that useful long term. Anyone have any higher level anecdotes with using Infernal Legion?

(She/Her)
  • Options
    eelektrik wrote: »
    Is there any nodes or items that buff Infernal Legion damage? It seems like increased fire damage does nothing, minion damage does nothing, at the very least the tool tip doesn't change. Without in game combat text I don't know how to figure out what does and doesn't affect it. With no means of buffing it, the damage doesn't seem like it would be that useful long term. Anyone have any higher level anecdotes with using Infernal Legion?

It's tagged AoE, so maybe AoE damage buffs are the way to go?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    Path of Building seems to think that minion damage nodes buff Infernal Legion damage, as well as any support gems like Burning Damage attached to it. Not sure why the skills tooltip on your action bar in game doesn't reflect any difference though. Might need to test that further.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    eelektrik wrote: »

For me it’s primarily a method to enable minion instability. The degen aura is just extra

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    I am torn on going all the way to PA or holding out for a Coralito's. I think my multiplier has to be higher for PA to pay off.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Did my first blighted map and my potato computer actually handled it. It looked 8bit for a second or two, but still.

It does really make me want to see what Essence Drain does to those maps though. Someone with a supercomputer should make a video.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Having a little fun with the summons this league. Accompanied by the dulcet tones of Lzzy Hale.

11 skelly bois, 10 zombos, 5 spectres, carrion and stone golem. 2 curse Bane, MoM, Arctic Armor, Clarity, 2 movement skills (Dash and Lightning Warp), Desecrate.

https://youtu.be/TSPsuYd1Anc

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    Absalon wrote: »
    I am torn on going all the way to PA or holding out for a Coralito's. I think my multiplier has to be higher for PA to pay off.

Remember, you could always grab it through oils as well. Might be a cheaper method until you can afford Coralito's.

• Options
    Found one use for Infernal Legion Skitterbots, they set everything near them on fire so you can guarantee the bonus damage to Flame Surge. So now my character has transitioned to Flame Surge Trap Mines, because mines throw faster than traps, so even with the activation delay it still seems like it will put traps out faster, plus the chance for double damage from High Impact Mines. We shall see how long this works but it amuses me currently.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    EDIT: whoops double

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    second uber elder down!!!
    61UQtoH.png

might just run rest of my sets as shaper and move into t16 MFing

oh and bought second doc :hydra:
    extcr74.png

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    So I just realized why I hate mines on Xbox which I realized in the past. They are pretty awesome but the play style annoys. Word for any potential console players (based on a couple of hours in the wee hours this morning): league mechanic not a problem. Works great and is fun. Now I just need to think of a new build since the highly effective Icicle Mines are a recipe for carpal tunnel.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    61UQtoH.png

extcr74.png

As a social/liberal democrat I can get behind your success, but you're pushing it. I mean it's not even an f-ing week. I don't blame you. I blame Vilfredo Pareto and, obviously, Chris Wilson.

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    Are you expecting Doctor cards to go over 15ex like last league?

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I think it's mostly that he doesn't want to sell them, but wants to show off that he has them.

• Options
    Yeah, he farms a Headhunter every league.

• Options
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    61UQtoH.png

extcr74.png

As a social/liberal democrat I can get behind your success, but you're pushing it. I mean it's not even an f-ing week. I don't blame you. I blame Vilfredo Pareto and, obviously, Chris Wilson.

no pain no gain
    Yilias wrote: »
    Are you expecting Doctor cards to go over 15ex like last league?

no, the blights dont have rares with mods, just tough whites and uniques AFAIK. but i like buying em
    Heffling wrote: »
    I think it's mostly that he doesn't want to sell them, but wants to show off that he has them.

yep, just showing off

Yilias wrote: »
    Yeah, he farms a Headhunter every league.

:hydra:

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    a doctor a day
    SX5Fdbv.png

keeps the apples away

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    9fLiK1H.jpg

Einhar, best friend!

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Heh, it looks like the server Will Not Allow two necromancers to group up. I was playing with Kendrik running SRS/zombies and myself running skeletons/zombies, with a 2080 Ti and 2070 Super between the two of us, and we were often getting 1-2 FPS grouped up due to server shenanigans. Toss in a blight map or Vaal Skeletons and it just grinds to a complete stop.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Do auras affect party members minions?

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Do auras affect party members minions?

Yes. And auras + minions equals huge lag.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I haven't even read this yet but I think I'm excited

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2635457

Edit: ok this is interesting but weird. Finally a way to do something with our duplicates? Even if it's just to get more random, potentially duplicate stuff? vOv

Rius on
  • Options
    Wow that duplicate box is shit
    Pay for a box that only gives commons, but has the ability to discard your duplicates FOR A CHANCE to make it better, and you still have the chance to get a duplicate back, fuck off

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »

Edit: ok this is interesting but weird. Finally a way to do something with our duplicates? Even if it's just to get more random, potentially duplicate stuff? vOv

It's interesting, but people are going to hate it. Imagine spending money to combine a bunch of mtx, only to get one of them back as a result.

From GGG's perspective, it makes sense. Duplicates are the reason why mystery boxes are priced so low to begin with. Players getting something out of their old duplicates could mean less money spent on new mtx, so they need to make money on this somehow. Still seems a bit predatory with how complicated the salvage box is though.

Did it seem like they increased monster density in certain parts of the story to anyone else? Was it a patch note I just missed?

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/8peKvBIaqSk

yes flame dash is going to be added to the mix

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »

It's interesting, but people are going to hate it. Imagine spending money to combine a bunch of mtx, only to get one of them back as a result.

From GGG's perspective, it makes sense. Duplicates are the reason why mystery boxes are priced so low to begin with. Players getting something out of their old duplicates could mean less money spent on new mtx, so they need to make money on this somehow. Still seems a bit predatory with how complicated the salvage box is though.

Did it seem like they increased monster density in certain parts of the story to anyone else? Was it a patch note I just missed?

Yeah I think I'm in the "thanks, I hate it" camp. I bought one box, threw most of my dupes into it, and got a combined rare item out of it.

I have perhaps two combined rare items. And I got a dupe of one of them. $3 for an IRL version of the 5:1 unique prophecy, lol.

If this is going to be a thing at all, you should absolutely not be able to get duplicates out of the salvage box of shit you already have.

Edit: because I'm a sucker, I bought a second salvage box, threw that dupe into it, and my other two dupes, and got Blood Guard Wings. Which, like, ok; the end result here is I gave GGG $6 to turn all my duplicate crap into a new, cool pair of wings. That is great! Except it could have been shit.

I'm kind of souring on their loot boxes now that this is the delivered duplicate resolution process. They were talking a while ago about letting us scrap dupes for a new currency that would only be usable on a different line of MTX or something. That'd piss people off too, but at least it'd be a little more controllable than this sillyness.

Rius on
  • Options
    I hate boxes in general so

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Just raise the price of the mystery box and make it not give you any dupes. Just make it a thing like the Dota 2 or Apex Legends boxes, buying enough boxes gets you everything in the set, just in a random order.

• Options
    Yeah that didn't last long, they already pulled the Salvage Box

• Options
    At least they tend to be very responsive to the player base, even if they make bad decisions.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Man, I feel bad my character name includes fire traps, because the new mines are just so much damn better. Trying out Windz Icicile/Pryoclast mines build and I'm just clearing so much faster and easier, plus bosses just melt.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
This discussion has been closed.