As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Guys, have you seen Gotrek’s warscroll?
    Dude is nuts in all the best ways:
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/GotrekVsTheWorld-Sep5-Warscroll35hbs.jpg

Good grief.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/05/gotrek-vs-the-mortal-realms/

That tracks based on his novel series, certainly.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I didn't realize that Chaos Dwarfs had already made the transfer over to AoS, and their culture is still largely intact, Hashut worship and Hobgob/Greenskin slaves and all, AFAICT. It's just their only TT representation right now is the Legion of Azgorh, which is Forgeworld exclusive and thus hideously expensive. And also the Legion is just one group of Chaos Dwarfs.

The presence of one Chaos Dwarf in the Iron Golems makes me naively hopeful we might get at least a warband of the Dawi Zharr or w/e the fuck they're called now, The Duardin Zhuarr. Hopefully with some Hobgob line troops. I'm also hoping they add more depth to the beastmen by adding beastman warbands with even half as much cultural variation as the existing ones.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    I didn't realize that Chaos Dwarfs had already made the transfer over to AoS, and their culture is still largely intact, Hashut worship and Hobgob/Greenskin slaves and all, AFAICT. It's just their only TT representation right now is the Legion of Azgorh, which is Forgeworld exclusive and thus hideously expensive. And also the Legion is just one group of Chaos Dwarfs.

The presence of one Chaos Dwarf in the Iron Golems makes me naively hopeful we might get at least a warband of the Dawi Zharr or w/e the fuck they're called now, The Duardin Zhuarr. Hopefully with some Hobgob line troops. I'm also hoping they add more depth to the beastmen by adding beastman warbands with even half as much cultural variation as the existing ones.

Big Hats or bust.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    The Legion of Azgorh was translated over into AoS but that's not necessarily any indication of what form the 'Chaos Duardin' take in the Mortal Realms. It just was an army list for Fantasy that GW wanted to keep viable for AoS.

That said, there are little hints about the existence of Chaos Duardin here and there, like the Iron Golem guy. There's mention in the Core Book about 'corrupted duardin' who have built a kind've giant evil oil rig in the oceans of Shyish as well. I imagine if we see them though they will be as different from the original fantasy Chaos Dwarfs as the Fyreslayer and Kharadron cultures were from regular Dwarfs.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Guys, have you seen Gotrek’s warscroll?
    Dude is nuts in all the best ways:
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/GotrekVsTheWorld-Sep5-Warscroll35hbs.jpg

Good grief.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/05/gotrek-vs-the-mortal-realms/

That tracks based on his novel series, certainly.

Yeah, Gotrek is the greatest monster-killer in AoS. His only weakness is his stumpy dawi legs and stubborn refusal to move under anything but his own power (no-one tosses a dwarf!). That said, if you want to have a chunk of battlefield where the enemy simply refuses to go, put him in the middle of it and it will happen.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Oh heellll, look at this beast.
    HavesterOnWhite-WC1.jpg
    HarvesterDetail-WC3.jpg
    HarvesterDetail-WC2.jpg
    Harvester-WC1.jpg

Love all the great detail on this one. like the smirking crotch skeleton or the arm fighting a vulture for a bit of corpse.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Oh no! My wallet!

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    There are a bunch of other models we haven't seen before in the army picture at the end of the article.

A walking bone throne and what looks like the undead version of a lord celestant on a dracoth.

Also the immortis guard are just the most smug.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I want to find whatever asshole made the design decision on how to glue this fucking snake tail on this snake caller dude in the Broken Fang box and ask him in what version of reality the positioning made any sense.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    I got that on but I remember it being a "oh shit it just kinda fit into place."

• Options
    and now I think I glued the snake's top jaw on a bit askew, and I can't unglue it

*sigh*

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    and now I think I glued the snake's top jaw on a bit askew, and I can't unglue it

*sigh*

I'm not familiar with the model, but if you used superglue, you can freeze it in the freezer, then it should be able to be pulled off with a twisting motion. The bonds can't stand up to the force of twisting. just be careful where you grab so you dont snap/bend the plastic.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Those Ossiarchs are lookin cooler all the time

Down with samurai skellingtons

• Options
    edited September 2019
    So I think I'm going to go with a copper/copperhead theme with my Splintered Fang, copper armor. For their leather, I'll probably go black for simplicity, but I don't know what color I want to make all of their plumes and I don't know if I want to make their weapons copper, or make them more greenish... or make them copper with a green tint? I don't know how that would look.

Lord_Asmodeus on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Rotation hits Underworlds!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/08/warhammer-underworlds-the-future-of-competitive-playgw-homepage-post-1/

Needed to happen in my opinion to evolve the game and keep the card pool manageable.

Some gaming club members are completely in sky is falling mode though. They come from the minis rather than the cards side of gaming and aren't used to this at all.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Something like that probably had to happen at some point, I had to get separate storage for all the underworlds card I've ended up with, and I only really buy the occasional warband to play at home with!
    I can understand people being a little frustrated perhaps, but keeping the warband specific cards (and the older warbands by extension) in the rotation is the ideal solution I think. Now, if they start dropping the actual warbands then there might be some issues, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

I did think we might see pre-orders for the Cities and Orruk clans battletomes this week, but looks like it's Space Marines instead, and with this Underworlds news perhaps we're looking at Beastgrave next week? Ah well.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well for me it's not the sound of doom as it's just my brother and I playing. But are the boards from certain eras still playable?

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    If you're just playing at home then obviously any of the cards are still fair game, this is more for tournament/matched play arrangements.
    All the boards are still legal for use.

• Options
    No mention on boards yet. There are some out of print but I'd imagine they'll all stay valid as it's a pretty small game impact.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    I still want to get Dreadfane but it's that I have been playing the eyes of nine trying to make a deck that works [almost there I don't count bad hands } But it took me getting all the magic decks
    The side effect though is Magore is still a killing machine

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Now, if they start dropping the actual warbands then there might be some issues, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

They essentially have done this, they pulled all of their Season 1 warbands from their store the other day with no notice. If you want to buy Ironskull's Boyz, the Sepulchral Guard, the Chosen Axes, Spiteclaw's Swarm, the Farstriders, or Magore's Fiends warbands you're out of luck in the future as game stores and online shops run out. New players in the future won't be able to start with any of these warbands.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Put together the first model in the Corvus Cabal and these gaps are pretty noticeable. I'm hoping it wont be so bad once it is fully painted up.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    I can't decide if I should make the plumes on my Splintered Fang guys alternating black and orange or green and orange.

• Options
    I’m really hoping the Shadespire bands will get some kind of repackage with just their faction cards. They’re great figures and if they go out of print they’ll probably stop being AoS legal as well.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    The figures are still being made, specifically for AoS; it’s just the W:U boxes with cards that have become unavailable.
    Tell you what would be nice though: Warcry cards for them, as allies for existing bands maybe.

Mr_Rose on
  • Options
    Well then. They just need to do a Shadespire faction specific cards booster pack or something and it’s all good.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    I can't decide if I should make the plumes on my Splintered Fang guys alternating black and orange or green and orange.

Green and orange, the colors of Battle Cat.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    One thing I am pretty grumpy about on the Underworlds rotation. The example Universal S3 card they show is 'Snare' which appears to a be a functionally identical reprint of S1 card 'Trap'. So why does it have a new name? That seems either poor planning or deliberate decision to technically obsolete S1 cards and force people to buy functionally identical replacements. Also 'Trap' was already on the restricted so why the hell are you reprinting it at all?

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    One thing I am pretty grumpy about on the Underworlds rotation. The example Universal S3 card they show is 'Snare' which appears to a be a functionally identical reprint of S1 card 'Trap'. So why does it have a new name? That seems either poor planning or deliberate decision to technically obsolete S1 cards and force people to buy functionally identical replacements. Also 'Trap' was already on the restricted so why the hell are you reprinting it at all?

Because they probably fixed what "trap" and such are this time

• Options

Simple: it allows you to have two of one effect in a deck without breaking the one unique card name per deck rule. There are about half a dozen “healing potions” available for example. Some of them are warband exclusives of course, like the Sylvaneth healing amphora, but not all. This is something that pretty much all CCGs and TCGs do.

• Options
    edited September 2019

Simple: it allows you to have two of one effect in a deck without breaking the one unique card name per deck rule. There are about half a dozen “healing potions” available for example. Some of them are warband exclusives of course, like the Sylvaneth healing amphora, but not all. This is something that pretty much all CCGs and TCGs do.

You misunderstand. The older one is being rotated out at the same time the new one is coming in. They couldn't be in the same deck anyway.

I suppose they might be reprinting 'Trap' in S3 as well as creating the clone 'Snare' but as I said it was already a restricted card so that would be a phenomenally stupid move.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    It's replacement with a new name to avoid confusion and keep their rules of "Anything Universal not from the current two seasons is no longer legal," simple and easy to remember. Naming the card Trap would create a need for a bunch of additional rulings instead of a simple statement.

• Options
    That also makes no sense as they have done plenty of reprints with the same name in all 3 seasons. And even refer in the rotation article to the season 1 cards that were reprinted being still legal as long as the name is unchanged.

I had thought the only change was that some keywords were bolded but there is a tiny change to the wording I missed before that kind of excuses it.

It still would have been much more consumer friendly to errata the original (and this game is not short on card errata) and then have the reprint with the same name and fixed text.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

You misunderstand. The older one is being rotated out at the same time the new one is coming in. They couldn't be in the same deck anyway.

I suppose they might be reprinting 'Trap' in S3 as well as creating the clone 'Snare' but as I said it was already a restricted card so that would be a phenomenally stupid move.

Well, we are talking about GW…

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Put together the first model in the Corvus Cabal and these gaps are pretty noticeable. I'm hoping it wont be so bad once it is fully painted up.

Liquid Greenstuff! Just "paint" it into the gaps.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »

Liquid Greenstuff! Just "paint" it into the gaps.

Valejo's putty is much superior. Liq. GS shrinks, which you do not want here.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    I was gonna pick up Gotrek since I really like the model. Reckon I would be able to jump in with the latest novel as well. or would I be missing out on a ton? Never really read any of the fantasy stuff.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Gotrek has one other novel, Realmslayer, taking place in Age of Sigmar, The rest is all Oldhammer. I haven't read it but I reckon that might be an okay starting point.

fake edit: It's actually an audio book it seems with Brian Blessed as Gotrek.

• Options
    The Gotrek novels in The World That Was had a number of recurring characters, but I imagine his rebirth into the Age of Sigmar will have been somewhat of a soft reset due to everyone else dying.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Man, Gotrek is just the worst slayer. He's really bad at dying.

TheGerbil on
This discussion has been closed.