As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Epic 7: JRPG Mobile Hot Spot: Valentines Events. Cerise for 2 weeks.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    So if you hit master, you can't ever get back to gold? Only master V?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    So if you hit master, you can't ever get back to gold? Only master V?

I would assume if you didn't just constatly lose offensive matches? I've never looked into it.

Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    i finally decided to take kitty clarissa to 50 and give her a try post-buff because i've had it up to here with trying to outspeed dizzy with my vivian.

kitty clarissa post buff makes her really pretty effective at her job. being able to one turn remove all the dizzy crap you get stuck on you, and then either remove (mostly, only 2 turns worth) whatever buffs the other team has gotten or just preemptively begin the burst train on the scariest target with the auto-dual attack really helps. been running angelica, ss bellona, yufine, and her whenever i see a dizzy and i haven't lost yet. eventually if i get a lot of effect resistance she can even work to stop aoe stuns which is nice, though ml ara is much less common now.

just kinda hucked some whatever gear on her, mostly stuff angelica replaced since i figured the only stats that really matter are speed and tankyness. for basically no investment (4* awaken for the 4 speed, level 50, pretty darn mediocre gear) she's extremely effective in this dizzy heavy meta.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    I finally kitted out my aramintha with some mediocre lvl 85 ring/necks and she landed at 92k cp once I got everything to 15. She does some work in pvp vs earth heavy teams.

And my last moonlight pull was c. dominiel, who seems like a beast whenever I see her. Her and kitty clarissa ought to be a beastly combo since she does insane damage with her S1.

C. Dom is the 4* ml I want most.

I have a c. armin that I’m thinking about trading in for one but... she still seems good at anti-cleave which as someone with little to no cleave is something I really need.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    I just kind of assumed c.dominiel was a 5*, her kit is crazy. CR push, crit buff and really good damage.

I think I was reading some crazy builds around her and the new crit increase artifact.

Got a new 5* artifact, Wind Rider today. I remember it’s got nerfed but is it still good?

• ArdArd Registered User regular
    Much like everything else, it’s not actually nerfed, it’s just not an auto “I win, you lose” for Sez now.

The nerf was that it doesn't proc until the end of your turn, so with Sez if his S3 kills someone, wind rider doesn't proc for the S3 additional damage.

Ah, still seems really good for PvP? If his S3 kills someone, he'll get stealth and 60% damage on his S1 next turn. Just wish I could have different PvE and PvP loadouts.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Thief Artis are really good though all around pretty much. Like the hero’s you might use wind rider on R&L is most likely better.

Jubal77 on
    Yufine has been super helpful in pvp. I think I might just try tonfas on her or something until I get a uberus tooth or sigurd scythe (such regret at not buying that). Creation and Destruction has procced a few times but hasn’t really mattered.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    I've made it to Champion V, but I just really hope my defense team doesn't let me down and delevel me tonight before the reset. I'd love to actually hold onto that this week.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I didn't realize we lost a few members so no guild war today. I opened invitations back up, hopefully we'll be good to go Wednesday?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Had enough to buy the main pieces of the arena gear so sweet. Going to have to figure out where the pieces go.

Nosf wrote: »

Looks like they're aware of the problem and are already figuring out how to fix it.

lol lost my 5800 crests...

• PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I don't even know what to do with them. It will likely take me months to get enough regular Arena crests to buy the slate and the gear. I do the dispatch mission for arena and labyrinth currency, but I'm still too new to earn regular crests very often (and I do feel like the energy I can buy with crests is too important right now to leave off the table).

Sitting on 1000 or so right now. I feel like I should go after the slate first, but maybe the gear would be better to help ensure more victories==more crests? Do you buy all the gear including the boots? or everything except the boots? I have Vivian and Seallona, and it feels like maybe I should throw that set on Seallona? Currently I use Seallona, Angelica, Krau and Clarissa in PVP (Clarissa mostly because as my farmer she is my first 60).

In other news, I got four out of five golden arkys today! was 40 bookmarks and felt great! I'd only gotten 2 golden arkys before today, so to be obstinate I hit the arky furthest away from whichever one was hopping out lol.

Edit: just for more information: I do have some people I could get into my pvp team, but money and resources are tight as I'm new. Seallona/Angie/Krau/Clarissa are all 50 (save Clarissa) and all have about 55 lvl gear. I'm just now starting to farm wyrm 8 with the chance at 70 gear. Need to do all of the extended story, I've only completed the base to unlock ML summons.

Some people I have that sound good and I could work on: Yufine, Tenebria, Lorina (just completed 60 and SC change, roughly unleveled 55gear iirc), Haste, Sigret, Ken, Bellona, Lidica, Yuna, Iseria and Kayron.

Papagander on
    “There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    Holy crap, wish I would have checked the thread or my mailbox before I started playing this morning. Bought 3 of the S2 items, which still ended up being a pretty nice buff for my Sez, but I could have swung 5 of the S2 items instead if I'd had the crests.

Oh well, at least my crests didn't get hosed like some people. And hey, maybe we'll get another freebie since they messed up the compensation for some people.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
    Papagander wrote: »
    I don't even know what to do with them. It will likely take me months to get enough regular Arena crests to buy the slate and the gear. I do the dispatch mission for arena and labyrinth currency, but I'm still too new to earn regular crests very often (and I do feel like the energy I can buy with crests is too important right now to leave off the table).

Sitting on 1000 or so right now. I feel like I should go after the slate first, but maybe the gear would be better to help ensure more victories==more crests? Do you buy all the gear including the boots? or everything except the boots? I have Vivian and Seallona, and it feels like maybe I should throw that set on Seallona? Currently I use Seallona, Angelica, Krau and Clarissa in PVP (Clarissa mostly because as my farmer she is my first 60).

In other news, I got four out of five golden arkys today! was 40 bookmarks and felt great! I'd only gotten 2 golden arkys before today, so to be obstinate I hit the arky furthest away from whichever one was hopping out lol.

Edit: just for more information: I do have some people I could get into my pvp team, but money and resources are tight as I'm new. Seallona/Angie/Krau/Clarissa are all 50 (save Clarissa) and all have about 55 lvl gear. I'm just now starting to farm wyrm 8 with the chance at 70 gear. Need to do all of the extended story, I've only completed the base to unlock ML summons.

Some people I have that sound good and I could work on: Yufine, Tenebria, Lorina (just completed 60 and SC change, roughly unleveled 55gear iirc), Haste, Sigret, Ken, Bellona, Lidica, Yuna, Iseria and Kayron.

for pvp even if you lose you're getting decent conquest points. you get like 20 per 5 flags even if you throw them in a ditch. so plus the dispatch they rack up faster than you think. i wouldn't buy energy with the crests though, it's pretty expensive and getting 88 gear is too valuable imo, but that's a personal choice. i'd leave the slate until last honestly. the imprint value isn't very high unless you have vildred, since he has a speed imprint that's actually extremely good for pvp.

i'd focus mostly on leveling and getting a w11 team ready. seallona/angie/krau/sigret would probably be good? or can go with the 3* route with daydream jokers on taranor guard and alexa, either way would probably work. you have a bunch of amazing characters that i'm pretty jealous of, so just have to get some gear and your teams will be very effective, and w11 is the best place for that.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    abotkin wrote: »
    Holy crap, wish I would have checked the thread or my mailbox before I started playing this morning. Bought 3 of the S2 items, which still ended up being a pretty nice buff for my Sez, but I could have swung 5 of the S2 items instead if I'd had the crests.

Oh well, at least my crests didn't get hosed like some people. And hey, maybe we'll get another freebie since they messed up the compensation for some people.

I sent a request into support. Hoping they can do some refund type thing. I didn't have enough CP to buy anything anyways (spent a ton on boosters with the free equip week), so I'm ok waiting. If I lose it all together though, I'm going to be pissed.

Papagander wrote: »

You have a bunch of good units. As Knight mentioned, seallona/angie/krau/sigret would be good for Wyvern. Sigret can do some massive damage if you get more debuffs on it.

PvP Yufine, Tenebria, Ken, Bellona, Lidica, and Kayron are all really good along with SS Bellona, Angie, Krau, and Clarissa. The biggest problem for me with PvP is just not having enough good gear and getting folks to 60. Someone more experienced can probably give you a good starter lineup to use. I'd assume Bellona (for defense break and has high speed), Yufine (for heavy hitting), Kayron or Ken (for more damage), and Angie for healing.

• PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Yeah, my wyvern team atm is Clarissa/Angie/Sigret/SS Bellona. I just need gold to gear them up I guess, put some molas into cooldowns on abilities. I was doing SS Bellona AND Clarissa for more dmg and for more chance at defense down, but maybe if I sub in Krau I can survive a bit better on 9.

Ty guys for the insight. I wasn't noticing the crests on arena loss, I'll start pushing harder there. I'm in silver league atm, I was conserving the arena tokens for winnable battles to try and unlock Maya. Thankfully got her from the anniversary shenanigans so I can go a little more crazy there and care less about rank.

I did get a lot of luck from those free 10 pull days. It's almost too distracting (especially with how gold seems to be limited at this level of play).

So it sounds like now that I've everything major unlocked from story, the real focus bar none is W11? put all my focus into that group? I was leveling Lorina and I have Kluri nearly done SC wise (plus I was somewhat working on Kiris and Maya), all for pushing into Labyrinth and Abyss tower. Seem like that is less advisable till I get w11 down?

Papagander on
    “There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
    edited September 2019
    It can be inciting to buy the charms with your pvp currency but i would recommend only when desperate. Another tip would be once you start getting 85s if you get good bonuses on blues they are better than your epics of lower tiers most likely. They just need to be your combos of the best stats which can be as rare as the heroics or epics over lower tiers heh.

Edit: Messed around a bit with team comps and otillie is worth it I think. I have her in pretty crap gear. Threw her in with my favorite power combo right now of Dizzy and SS Belle and a cleaver to fit the other comp and the other team was hitting me for nothing with hit debuff and 25% less dmg stacked. Beat some power combo teams with it. Including one with both belles.

Jubal77 on
    edited September 2019
    So this is their solution:

■ Fix for Glory Crest Compensation issue.
    - 5,800 Glory Crests will be redistributed. We will give you more details regarding this via a separate notice.
    - 1,160 Conquest Points will be automatically retrieved from the players’ account. If you have less than 1,160 Conquest Points, it will fall into a negative value.

Except I only have 805 crests. I bought the Mola this morning and that's it. So that's 955 total...

EDIT: forgot I've been running dispatch all day as well, so extra CP from that. Submitted a ticket, we'll see. I'd rather not go into negative points just for clicking in the wrong order.

Trajan45 on
    But I need more of the conquest points to actually buy things. Ugh...

- 5,800 Glory Crests will be redistributed. We will give you more details regarding this via a separate notice.
    - 1,160 Conquest Points will be automatically retrieved from the players’ account. If you have less than 1,160 Conquest Points, it will fall into a negative value.

Except I only have 805 crests. I bought the Mola this morning and that's it. So that's 955 total...

EDIT: forgot I've been running dispatch all day as well, so extra CP from that. Submitted a ticket, we'll see. I'd rather not go into negative points just for clicking in the wrong order.

Did you actually retrieve the conquest points? They’re in the gm tab not the standard reward tab of the mailbox.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Yeah. Otillie is a fantastic counter while attacking to the AOE that is everywhere now.

• ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    So I started playing this game 2 or so months ago. It's pretty fun. I have a Yufine, Seaside Bellona, and Angelica making up the core of my main team. Is there a PA guild to join?

Knight_ wrote: »

Did you actually retrieve the conquest points? They’re in the gm tab not the standard reward tab of the mailbox.

Ah, I never look there. Yeah I did get the CP. Ok, I'm good with the solution now lol.

Zaylenz wrote: »
    So I started playing this game 2 or so months ago. It's pretty fun. I have a Yufine, Seaside Bellona, and Angelica making up the core of my main team. Is there a PA guild to join?

There is, go ahead and post your id and we’ll invite you.

• TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Oh crap I forgot!

The account I play on was from a trade eons ago, but the name is thicclikeey and if you need an ID number I think I have that too?

If you guys need more peeps!

• ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular

Is that the account #?

edited September 2019
    Ugh. Turned in my automaton tower chests and bought the pvp gear and my rolls were god awful. I managed to get 3 speed rolls on my chest and they were 5 total speed. That’s worse than my 65 from the raid. Oof.

I do wish the substats on the tower gear weren’t random tho. Getting all flat no good subs at all on the 78 stuff is such a bummer.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg

Is that the account #?

I think so? First time doing it. We can try account name as well.

I can add by name. Speaking of, I sent you an invite @Transporter

in less rng depressing news, i did finally manage to get past taranor guard in the abyss. stupid reflect jerk, i gave up and went c. lorina and 3 healers and just arkyed him to death once lorina killed all the adds and eventually herself. def wishing i had leveled kiris right now, but at this point i'm committed until i hit a hard wall i guess.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    I can add by name. Speaking of, I sent you an invite @Transporter

Apparently the guild is good luck because my daily pull today was....Silver Blade Aramintha?! My first ML 5!

(Yes I can't immediately re-call her but STILL)