As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] - Katy Perry finally ending soon. Banner is a trap!

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Tiphares wrote: »
    My son pulled Beowulf #1 from my 7% 10+1 this morning. 40M ticket was nothing.

I just saw that JP is getting a SINoALICE collab. The sprites look amazing! I would love to see this collab come to GL. I would have to pull for Alice because of my daughter. We named her after Alice in Wonderland.

The global release has been delayed to possibly never so I wouldn't count on that colab ever coming over.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    7% was 1g10b. Do ya'll know if that's a 7% rate on all 11 units, or just 7% on the first crystal?

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Did the 614 summon again, its too good of a unit pool to pass up.

Kimono Fina #2 shes the best mage in the game for the foreseeable future right?
    Esther #4 Thank you for that STMR yes please
    Rivera #2 emeh
    Kaito #1

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I still have 2x 7* Esther's. I will merge her for the STMR at some point, but it's not critical right now.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Decided to do the other 4 5* 10+1, because why not? And it was a really good summon.

Cid #4
    Vincent #4
    Esther #4 (!)
    Myra #2

I think I'm going to not get Esther's STMR, having two for arena seema like a good idea (Bolting Strike is far easier to chain than Meteor Rain). And I get Myra's 7*, didn't have to UoC her.

Also pretty funny how I've gotten two 2-handed gun STMRs on the same day. Now I want a new TDH gun user. Do it, Gumi.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    7% 10+1 got me Tidus#4. Out of all the STMRs I could have gotten, his is probably the least exciting. I guess useful for LB generation but I've never really had a problem keeping LBs up. I think the 50% ALL moogle was more exciting than the STMR.

• Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    7% got me A.Lasswell #5 and Elephim #2

• Options
    Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    7% gave me two rainbows: Auron #3 and Hyoh #5.

Not bad.

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    AhiMahi wrote: »
    7% got me A.Lasswell #5 and Elephim #2

Congrats. I hear he becomes amazing.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    He, huh?

• Options
    Magus` wrote: »
    He, huh?

I'll be honest, I don't care enough to check. Unless they're from my favorites FF series, they're all just containers for stats and abilities. Except for Esther.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I got two rainbows off today's 10+1, but they were HT Lid #5 and Citra #3, so nothing exciting.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Nothing but golds and blues for me.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Is there anything interesting expected soon from the JP schedule? Terra and Locke are soon, right?

• Options
    We should be getting Sol here soon and then the other FF5 characters (Galuf and co). The next MK then would be FF6 with Terra and Locke. So October/November? Hard to say with dead weeks like this and with Halloween in October.

• Options
    I'm leaning towards using my 100% STMR moogle on CG Lightning. I doubt GUMI's going to give us 50% ones anytime soon, since they can bundle those for cash. And I didn't realize that it innate 50% TDW and 30% LB damage.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    The next 5* special ticket, which has so far been exclusive to Mog Kings, is scheduled to be out on the 27th. So unless they swap Mog Kings again, which has happened, Terra and Locke should be the last week of the month.

Which means the FFV stuff should all be over by then, so the Galuf/Krile/Exdeath raid should be this week or next and presumably Sol will take the other since we haven't had a story event since July.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    I'm leaning towards using my 100% STMR moogle on CG Lightning. I doubt GUMI's going to give us 50% ones anytime soon, since they can bundle those for cash. And I didn't realize that it innate 50% TDW and 30% LB damage.

I'm still waffling on what to grab. Randi's STMR is still great for anyone who wants a sword (and that's a lot of people honestly) and nothing else has really been eye-catching for me.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    My son used the 7% pull:
    Yego #1 and Aileen #2 which is way better than last weeks utterly forgettable meh fest

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Ticket today gave me Regina #2.

[edit] Oh no. Something terrible happened. I forgot to get the 500 lapis before doing the rewards wheel today. Then I got it without thinking. Now the number displayed isn't a multiple of 5. It bothers me.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    10+1 got me Kimono Ayaka #2 and Luneth #5 or #6.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sol’s story event next along with BM reborn, convenient. No 11k step up so i’m out, not enough lapis. Probably just wait till CG Terra to do the trial.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    One of my 40m step up tickets gave me Circe #2. That was a nice surprise.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I assume that the 4r banner is going to be gone by the time the story event arrives?

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    I assume that the 4r banner is going to be gone by the time the story event arrives?

Yup; the summon period is until the Friday reset when the story event starts.
    Best you can get before it ends is if they keep Morgana's rewards the same as the Egg, should be about 700 lapis there. And then 100 for clearing Bloody Moon Reborn if you can handle that one.

• Options
    Nah, I'm only at around 5K lapis. I was going to push myself to finish up the story that unlocked and math out how much I'd need to get 9K after that but there's no way the story event will give me 4K.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    Looks like it ends on server reset Thurs night/Friday. So, 13 Sept at 00:59 PDT. The new story even starts on 13 Sept at 01:00 PDT. They setup Thursday for Scorn of Blood Moon and Morgana trials.

Still considering the 9K banner for 4 rainbows. I just looked at the list again. I would be happy with about half of the units in that summon pool. Most of the rest would odd numbers (1st, 3rd, or 5th) or don't offer great TMRs that I want.
    7*'s I would be really happy about (but I can UoC still): Regina, Sylvie, Summer Fid, and CG Charlotte.

Still seems like pretty low odds to get what I want.

• Options
    Yeah coworker just did it and got:

Zack #2, Never Ending Hope #2, Cid #1, and another mediocre one.

• Options
    There's nothing in the 9k rainbow pool that I really need/think is worth the expenditure. I think I'd only really be happy with Charlotte#2, but I have a bunch of UoCs sitting around collecting dust that could be used to grab her. Gonna save my Lapis in hopes that the Halloween units are cool.

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    Got my first rainbow from the 40m step-up this morning. Duke #3

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    I almost hit the 9k summon button on my lunch break. Almost! I think I've talked myself down from that ledge. I can UoC as needed. I need to stay strong and save for holiday and future fest units.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Yeah, I have no idea what I want to save for at this point. Part of me is just thinking of saving for the DQXI banners.

• Options
    I almost hit the 9k summon button on my lunch break. Almost! I think I've talked myself down from that ledge. I can UoC as needed. I need to stay strong and save for holiday and future fest units.

I nearly hit it a few times by accident because it's right at the top.

• Options
    Random pulls just have 0 interest for me at this point. Even with a reduced pool, it's just such a crap shoot. Add to the fact that unit's #3 and #5+ are basically useless right now; lapis is only for step ups and such. The last time a random pull was decent was back when the 7* units came out and the pool had only 5 units or so in them.

• Options
    The draw of 4+ guaranteed rainbows from a limited pool is VERY strong. It really is a great value! It's just hard for me to justify when I don't need them for current content. That may change with the new trials coming up. I fully anticipate needing to UoC a 2nd Charlotte to tank Blood Moon. I just can't get WKN stats as high as hers. WKN does have better mitigation for himself, but party wide 50% mitigation is pretty huge when Blood Moon requires survivability.

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    Given my luck with on banner pulls (I think I've gotten a grand total of one that wasn't already guaranteed to be on banner in the last 8 months), all pulls are essentially random, so I'd say go for it. Quantity is sometimes better than quality. For example, the last step up that I did cost over 20k lapis, and I only got two 5* units. With those odds, 9k for 4 is a steal.

• Options
    The draw of 4+ guaranteed rainbows from a limited pool is VERY strong. It really is a great value! It's just hard for me to justify when I don't need them for current content. That may change with the new trials coming up. I fully anticipate needing to UoC a 2nd Charlotte to tank Blood Moon. I just can't get WKN stats as high as hers. WKN does have better mitigation for himself, but party wide 50% mitigation is pretty huge when Blood Moon requires survivability.

It's a sad day when you need 1 specific unit to complete a trial. If WKN truly can't do BM reborn, it'll probably be the final nail in the coffin for me.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »

It's a sad day when you need 1 specific unit to complete a trial. If WKN truly can't do BM reborn, it'll probably be the final nail in the coffin for me.
    WKN might be able to work with enhanced and enlightened CG Nichol and maybe Sylvie as a back-up. He has his new CD buff that has 50% damage mitigation, but it does not guarantee the same amount of uptime as CG Charlotte's LB (an entruster helps here - Myra FTW). It could still come in handy for thresholds or specific turns. I will not be doing Scorn of Bloody Moon on the first day it's released. Instead, I will focus on the Morgana ELT clears to get the 5* EX and see what random rainbow I get. This may dictate if I take the plunge at the last minute into the 9k banner.

I do have enough Google Play credits to get the Fountain of Lapis when/if it comes back.

• Options
    I've seen some JP clears with Basch as the magic tank, so WKN shouldn't have a problem.

• Options
    I'm going to try Sieghard as my magic tank. The CD aspect of his M.Cover means I need to build him so that he doesn't ever die, but that'll be a fun challenge!