As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

i like to watch the tv

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    History, TLC, and discovery are all the same channel now
    liek dis if you u cry every tiem

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Back in the 90’s there was a Discovery channel store at the mall and it was awesome!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    Was Steve Irwin Discovery Channel or Animal Planet

Also is there anyone alive doing the Steve Irwin "here am I in the wild with a cool animal" thing? The closest I've seen is the Planet Earth documentaries, which are cool, but not the same thing

His wife and kids have a show where they interact with animals in a zoo, I think.

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    hm. Re-watching Warehouse 13, and noticed that they have a High Voltage Laser Containment System.

that's gotta be a Ghostbusters reference, yeah?

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    hm. Re-watching Warehouse 13, and noticed that they have a High Voltage Laser Containment System.

that's gotta be a Ghostbusters reference, yeah?

Oh Absolutely. If you ever have to ask if that was a reference on Warehouse 13 it was most likely a reference. That and Eureka did that stuff unashamedly.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    even if it were a good wedding toast

Which it isn't, because its NOT SUPPOSED TO BE

directly lifting your best man speech from a tv show or movie is a fucked up thing to do

If you're going to lift a wedding toast from a film or TV show, go for broke:

https://youtu.be/lt9IJX0qI6o

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    The dross that passes for content on TLC was directly responsible for me cutting off my cable service about five or so years ago. It’s been real nice.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    For the third or fourth time I'm already bored of Archer so I stopped watching an episode halfway through and clicked on Better Off Ted.

What in the fuck am I watching?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    For the third or fourth time I'm already bored of Archer so I stopped watching an episode halfway through and clicked on Better Off Ted.

One of the finest 30 min sitcoms in recent memory

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular

That deserved more then two seasons.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I was just about to post the uncensored outtakes from the swearing episode, but some of them might actually be too rude nowadays.

uyvfOQy.png
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Was Steve Irwin Discovery Channel or Animal Planet

Also is there anyone alive doing the Steve Irwin "here am I in the wild with a cool animal" thing? The closest I've seen is the Planet Earth documentaries, which are cool, but not the same thing

Stephen Backshall does this schtick. I think he often focuses on the dangerous stuff a bit more than Irwin did. I remember seeing him deliberately get bitten by bullet ants dozens of times to see what it’s like, and in something else I watched recently he got owned by an electric eel.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I'm deeply resentful of the History channel

when I was a kid it was nothing but World War 2 documentaries, which I obviously didn't give a shit about, I just wanted to know how to get back to Stick Stickley

now I'd absolutely sit down and watch a show about Rommel or whatever, and now it's all ancient aliens horseshit

Did ancient Aliens change the direction of History channel?

Dr. Timmus Bartholomew of Keigel university says "Probably"

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Has anyone made this joke:

I am watching the TV for several hours a day, and wonder what the big deal is with a plastic rectangle?

You know, implying I am ignorant of TV programs, and have been staring at just the device itself and pondering the shape and meaning and... composition of it

Is this secretly a Cthulhuian cosmic horror story?

Has anyone made this joke:

I am watching the TV for several hours a day, and wonder what the big deal is with a plastic rectangle?

You know, implying I am ignorant of TV programs, and have been staring at just the device itself and pondering the shape and meaning and... composition of it

Im sure somebody in the 40s did. Early comedians only had canned bean and hobo material

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Is this secretly a Cthulhuian cosmic horror story?

It's the documentary of what Aperture Science was up to before they discovered portal technology

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Muppets Live Another Day, an unannounced Disney+ scripted comedy being worked on since at least February by Josh Gad (Frozen) and Adam Horowitz & Eddy Kitsis (Once Upon A Time), has been cancelled
    Sources say the creative differences arose after producers Muppets Studios recently changed executives. Kitsis, Horowitz and Gad had been prepping what they playfully referred to as Muppets 1984 — an eight-episode limited series that took place after the events of Muppets Take Manhattan. Kitsis and Horowitz had been working directly with Muppets Studios vp Debbie McClellan on the project.

However, McClellan recently departed and Disney CEO Bob Iger tapped Disney Parks Live Entertainment senior vp David Lightbody to take over Muppets Studios. Lightbody, sources say, wanted to do his own take on The Muppets, while Kitsis, Horowitz and Gad felt strongly about their vision for the show. Lightbody is said to have offered the trio the opportunity to move forward with The Muppets in a new way but they opted to walk away from the show entirely rather than throw away months of work and a concept they believed in. Sources note that the parting was amicable.

The decision to retool the planned Muppets show will not impact the unscripted shortform series Disney+ announced last month at D23. That show — Muppets Now — will feature beloved characters like Kermit and Miss Piggy alongside celebrity guests.

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I of course assume the executive was being dumb but
    Lightbody is said to have offered the trio the opportunity to move forward with The Muppets in a new way but they opted to walk away from the show entirely rather than throw away months of work and a concept they believed in.
    You're still throwing it away?

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

I could take a whole season of the Veridian Dynamics commercials

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    There was a period of time where I could describe my job as “what ted does”. I kinda miss it.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    So in spite Australian Netflix acknowledging that a second season of Titans was on the way for ages, now that it's airing in the US it just... isn't here. Nothing in Coming Soon, no release date I can find, it's frustrating.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I'd like to watch Better Off Ted some day, but it's not streaming anywhere and even finding it on DVD seems quite the hassle?

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Both seasons are on Hulu, as far as I can see.

uyvfOQy.png
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I'm not in the US, so Hulu's not an option.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    honovere wrote: »
    I'm not in the US, so Hulu's not an option.

Maybe you should be in the US! IT'S SO GREAT HERE. NO PROBLEMS AT ALL.

• Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    edited September 2019

I could take a whole season of the Veridian Dynamics commercials

You're in luck! Corporate finished it's second season on Comedy Central earlier this year!

But seriously, that show is very good and bleakly, darkly, grimly funny. It's Better Off Ted but the decade later where everyone finally realized this corporate monstrosity owned everyone and would just continue to devour their souls and the world forever.

Lance Reddick is the head of the Corp and VERY good. Gets to bust out the comedy chops.

Medium Dave on
    Not looking for the ducktales thread.

Last half of the season started and it is on FIRE.

The Timephoon episode may be the best so far.

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Phil and Lem are maybe my two favorite characters of all time.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    I always remember Phil’s actor from Free Enterprise which is a hilarious film with Shatner playing as himself in a ridiculous yet believable manner, and he’s not even close to the funniest actor in the film.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I remember I went over to the old mans place last 4th of July and he was watching the American History Channel and it was a 4 hour block of back to back episodes of something named simply "Hitler"

How dope, I thought

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    y'all have to see this fucking trailer for a show where Jason Momoa can't see it's the best shit

No eyeballs or does he like stare into the distance like his eyeballs dont work

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    It's just a really long Cinnamon Toast Crunch commercial.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    No eyeballs or does he like stare into the distance like his eyeballs dont work

He stares into the distance

and then at one point says "our baby... will have the power... of sight"

and like how do you know, bro

Perhaps he has a second sight, sight beyond vision for baby eyeballs

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Hey do yall know about ispot

I'm currently having a mild dissociative state brought on by repeated exposure to the mountain dew game fuel commercials

And I found out there is a website that's basically IMDb for commercials

It also includes a text description of each commercial

I think I'm going to fucking die

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    I don't

I don't want that it's scary to me

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Hey do yall know about ispot

I'm currently having a mild dissociative state brought on by repeated exposure to the mountain dew game fuel commercials

And I found out there is a website that's basically IMDb for commercials

It also includes a text description of each commercial

I think I'm going to fucking die

Cool cool, awesome

does it have that abysmal Fossil smartwatch commercial that's on Hulu

The woman steals some poor old man's hat

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    BOTH OF THOSE DESCRIPTIONS USE THE WORD NONCHALANTLY

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
This discussion has been closed.