As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[US Foreign Policy] A Generation of War

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

So the asset we pulled out Russia because of Trump's bungling was like a direct check on Putin, holy bug fuck balls.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    Taramoor wrote: »

Coo-coo ca-choo. The walrus just found out he’s fired.

Wonder what Bolton said 'no' too?

Bolton has a hard on for war that you can see over the curvature of the earth and trump (thank christ) doesn't have the stomach for it, or at least thinks it would hurt him going into 2020.

But yeah, given how pompeo and bolton tried to start a hot war with iran I'm not surprised that one of them has been fired.

• EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular

Rumors are it has to do with the Taliban debacle. Taliban Trump has supposedly really, really irked him.

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited September 2019

Hahaha. Of course Trump would do that.

"He won't lie to me," says 1000000th person Trump lied to.

Couscous on
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    The sheer damage done to our foreign services during the Trump Presidency is staggering and breathtaking.

Foreign policy is what I wanted to do before life intervened and watching everything that 80 years of American policy created be destroyed is really heartbreaking. And yes, I know not all of our policies are good (especially our lousy record in our own hemisphere and the Iraq war debacle).

I hope we can put the pieces back together, but I'm fearful so much of our soft power has been eroded that many countries will be hesitant to fully cooperate in the future.

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    5 months. Almost to the day. Holy shit.

I'm trying to figure out what this is supposed to distract us from: the Taliban thing, the Wilbur Ross thing, etc etc

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Couscous wrote: »

I think that's more of a "he didn't fire me, I quit!"

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Of course Trump was too chickenshit to fire him to his face

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    There was a press briefing scheduled for today with Munchen, Pompeo and Bolton.

Bolton is no longer expected to show up

VRXwDW7.png
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    5 months. Almost to the day. Holy shit.

I'm trying to figure out what this is supposed to distract us from: the Taliban thing, the Wilbur Ross thing, etc etc

He's also extorting Ukraine to smear Biden.

It occurs to me we need to recheck our standings with trump:

Ok holy shit this actually came up:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Trump_administration_dismissals_and_resignations

I thought the number was around 50 or so but holy shit I was so wrong. The have this broken down by fucking department and I got about 2/3rds through the list and 110 names counted when I gave up.

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    The fact that we had to burn an asset so deeply imbedded with Putin that they could literally take pictures of his documents all because Trump is too fucking stupid to keep his mouth shut and because he wants to be besties with terrible people should be a red alarm for these Republicans who supposedly care so much about our security.

• MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »
    It occurs to me we need to recheck our standings with trump:

Ok holy shit this actually came up:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Trump_administration_dismissals_and_resignations

I thought the number was around 50 or so but holy shit I was so wrong. The have this broken down by fucking department and I got about 2/3rds through the list and 110 names counted when I gave up.

The. Best. People.

This shouldn't be lost on people, that the VAST majority of people on this list, are people picked by, or approved by this President.

I mean, I see Sally Yates on the list, so it's not 100% all his picks.

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I wonder if there will be openings at the state department after all this is over. I'd love to make 2021 my time to sign up, serve my country and see the world.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay

Trump is more of a "you can't resign. You are fired!" guy

Republican focus group guy:

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I guess Bolton didn't like the idea of the Taliban at Camp David.

Kaitlan Collins of CNN: John Bolton and President Trump got into a bitter argument last night over the president’s plan to host Taliban leaders at Camp David, two people tell me.

It’s unclear if it was on the phone or in person.

edited September 2019
    Viskod wrote: »
    I guess Bolton didn't like the idea of the Taliban at Camp David.

Kaitlan Collins of CNN: John Bolton and President Trump got into a bitter argument last night over the president’s plan to host Taliban leaders at Camp David, two people tell me.

It’s unclear if it was on the phone or in person.

It looks like it was about Trump not liking how he looked weak due to internal dissent. Given Trump hates that more than anything else, it makes sense.

Couscous on
  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular

Trump is more of a "you can't resign. You are fired!" guy

Except in person. Trump is well known for being a massive fucking weenie when it comes to doing it in person.

So much so in real life, he apparently had trouble doing it on a show that made him famous for firing people.

• CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    I wonder if there will be openings at the state department after all this is over. I'd love to make 2021 my time to sign up, serve my country and see the world.

A good plan, if you can make it work. The intelligence services traditionally draw from the conservative side of things, but with the conservatives increasingly seeing the FBI and CIA as part of the "deep state" they will be forced to look further afield.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    It only took the most bafflingly insane administration in how long? to finally get rid of Bolton, but he's finally gone. I'll take it, but it's a mixed bag to be sure.

A good plan, if you can make it work. The intelligence services traditionally draw from the conservative side of things, but with the conservatives increasingly seeing the FBI and CIA as part of the "deep state" they will be forced to look further afield.

I'm laughably unqualified in both experience and skillset.

Actually if I was an ambitious man I should probably get my foot in the door now while these asshats are still in charge (but they're not hiring).

• AstaerethAstaereth In the belly of the beastRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

So the asset we pulled out Russia because of Trump's bungling was like a direct check on Putin, holy bug fuck balls.

It’s worth pulling the other tweet out of that thread for emphasis:

“Asset’s information was crucial to IC assessment that Putin had directed interference to favor Trump.”

Because of Trump’s behavior, the IC pulled the guy who made the collusion case.

ACsTqqK.jpg
    I hope he does not die of mysterious radiation poisoning. I assume he is going to be correctly, extremely paranoid now.

edited September 2019

Actually if I was an ambitious man I should probably get my foot in the door now while these asshats are still in charge (but they're not hiring).

Since they aren't hiring right now you can get qualified in time! Unfortunately for you, joining the military is probably the best route in and that's not exactly a trip to the fairground right now.

CelestialBadger on

Since they aren't hiring right now you can get qualified in time! Unfortunately for you, joining the military is probably the best route in and that's not exactly a trip to the fairground right now.

The intelligence community needs people that know graphic design too right?

Oh btw, the number of people who resigned or were fired? 187.

Not included in that number is the office of the executive which has over 100 easy, giving us an average of 5.8 departures per month since he came in office.

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    I hope he does not die of mysterious radiation poisoning. I assume he is going to be correctly, extremely paranoid now.

If I remember correctly, and if it’s the same guy, a “former Russian official” is currently living in Virginia. Shockingly under his real name, and when a reporter stopped by to chat with him recently a couple guys in black suits drove up and introduced themselves as the guy’s “friends”, before asking what the guy wanted.

So today is probably moving day, to an undisclosed location and hopefully to an assumed name.

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Hey now, they’re perfectly capable of just shooting someone in the head in a park in Berlin too.

PSN: Honkalot
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Honk wrote: »

Hey now, they’re perfectly capable of just shooting someone in the head in a park in Berlin too.

Or borrowing a Bulgarian umbrella.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
    edited September 2019
    They have his name and address...

I've been patient, get off your ass Pelosi, and impeach this fuck. Fuck this shit

e-embed damn you

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndreiSoldatov/status/1171403280464973825

No-Quarter on
  • OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    They have his name and address...

I've been patient, get off your ass Pelosi, and impeach this fuck. Fuck this shit

e-embed damn you

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndreiSoldatov/status/1171403280464973825

Here ya go:

Think you have to drop the “mobile” part.

Also, what the fuck.

IMPEACH

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    IMPEACH

They are. The process is literally rolling along in the House Judiciary Committee. Though not, I believe, on this specific issue. Not yet anyway. They might throw it on the pile at some point.

shryke on
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular

Bolton has a hard on for war that you can see over the curvature of the earth and trump (thank christ) doesn't have the stomach for it, or at least thinks it would hurt him going into 2020.

But yeah, given how pompeo and bolton tried to start a hot war with iran I'm not surprised that one of them has been fired.

Just saw this myself. Not to take attention from.....spygate?...but a short poem: The the conservatives who loved him for his hatred of Iran, and the liberals who loved him for his hatred of North Korea, better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.

The world is a little safer today, for the time being. Please return to your previous topic.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »

If I remember correctly, and if it’s the same guy, a “former Russian official” is currently living in Virginia. Shockingly under his real name, and when a reporter stopped by to chat with him recently a couple guys in black suits drove up and introduced themselves as the guy’s “friends”, before asking what the guy wanted.

So today is probably moving day, to an undisclosed location and hopefully to an assumed name.

Can he really trust the US to protect him given A) what already happened and B) this may have been done as part of obstructing the Mueller probe

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Just to reiterate, if you post a tweet with just the link and your reaction, can we please quote the text and provide context of who the source is?

Just to reiterate, if you post a tweet with just the link and your reaction, can we please quote the text and provide context of who the source is?

Apologies, didn’t think about it since I was just updating the link.
    Unbelievable: the Kremlin CIA’s source exfiltrated in 2017 (first reported by CNN), is now fully identified and his home address in the US listed in the US real estate database. Kommersant’s scoop (in Russian) https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/4087921

I have no information on this source, and haven’t seen any word on the major sites yet.

Synthesis wrote: »

Just saw this myself. Not to take attention from.....spygate?...but a short poem: The the conservatives who loved him for his hatred of Iran, and the liberals who loved him for his hatred of North Korea, better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.

The world is a little safer today, for the time being. Please return to your previous topic.

Liberals loved the debacle with North Korea? News to this liberal.

edited September 2019
    Some reporting from WaPo on the topic of the informant’s identity being known and now, public:
    The Kommersant newspaper reported Tuesday that a “missing” employee of the Russian presidential administration was spotted in the United States, and the paper published his name.

It said he disappeared in 2017 during a family vacation to Montenegro and suggested that he may have been the person exfiltrated by the CIA. Montenegro, on the Adriatic, has been a popular destination for Russian vacationers.

The Russian Investigative Committee — somewhat analogous to the FBI — opened a murder case following the disappearance of the man and his family, Kommersant said, citing Russian law enforcement agencies.

“The investigation continued with several pauses until detectives and Federal Security Service officers found out that the presumed victims were alive and staying in a foreign country,” the newspaper said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/us-got-key-asset-out-of-russia-following-election-hacking/2019/09/09/c8820f70-d344-11e9-9343-40db57cf6abd_story.html

Edit: Removed the photo captions.

OneAngryPossum on
  • NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    The guy was offered the chance to get out of Russia, to get to safety. He turned it down, opting to continue his work. His work became crucial to the case that Russia meddled in our election, a story that is going to be remembered and outlast much of the other bullshit from these times. The guy has courage on a level I can't imagine and is a genuine patriot of the highest order. It's people like him that keep the world safe, working in the shadows, unremembered by history. For his service he has been rewarded with President Trump.

I'm so exhausted. Too exhausted to be properly angry right now.

This discussion has been closed.