As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Why do you play? You play because you played of course!

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    1/3
    Disco
    Its a sword
    Is it an AASB? I don't even know what Queen's AASB is.
    Imperial Saber [GSB+] - En-Lightning, En-Lightning Stack & Instant Cast 1 to user, Instant Cast & Zero SB Cost

Well... My first G+. Uhh? I'm not really sure how useful it is by itself. Maybe she has something useful in anima lenses or a good legend dive.

Hey I got that too, was hoping for the AASB as well when I saw it.

As it is, I've been pulling more and more of Queen's kit over the various LOTR's. I'm now at Glint+/BSB/USB/OSB. She could really use her doublecast lmr though.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    In other news, type-0 torment down

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Q&A from livestream:

Q1) We want more SB slots in battle
    As usual, we will consider about it so give us some time
    We understand the players' problem and will try to make it happen

Q2) Can we reset our Crystal Water allocation?
    There is none
    Instead, we are planning to give out more Crystal Waters

Q3) Can we unlock the entire Legend Sphere grid at once?
    It will be implemented next week
    On 17th September after the maintenance

Q4) Can we have more bosses in the Story Dungeons?
    It will be difficult to add more at once
    but we plan to have more within the first half of next year
    We are aware that players want to challenge the final bosses
    But won't that be lonely to have the series be completed?

Q5) 6* Magicite Dungeon is too difficult, and the difficulty gap with other contents is too huge. Please increase the difficulty of other events.
    Event stages from October will be raised to D300~400
    We will touch more on this in the next part of the stream

Last Qn) More Torment Dungeons
    Or Nightmare over here
    Rather than making more (which we don't plan on doing so), we plan on working on the current ones
    Will have more details in Winter
    ====================

1) Daily Dungeon Renewal
    For EXP dungeon, more eggs will be rewarded
    Clear EXP will also be increased

2) Mote Dungeon Renewal
    Stamina Cost will be reduced
    for 3* & 4* dungeons, more motes will be rewarded

3) SB Gauge update
    Default SB, Shared SB, Unique SB, OSB, will cost 1 gauge
    aka same as FSB

4) Acolyte Archives
    Book of Trials Volume XI & XII will be added
    Rewards include Mythril & Realm/Elemental Draw Ticket

5) New Function: Record Board
    New method to strengthen characters
    After reaching L99 and maxing their Legend Sphere

Record Board utilises 6* Motes
    unlike the previous rarity, there will only be 3 types

Spend 6* Mote to unlock new grid spaces
    to earn boosts like stat increase
    There are also effects that becomes stronger with more same-realm characters you have
    A special report on this function will be released after the stream

Record Board also earn character-specific abilities
    This ability can only be used by 1 character
    the character which you unlock the ability from

To obtain this ability, you need to obtain Record Sapphire
    You can obtain Record Sapphire by spending Anima Lens

6* Motes can be obtained from 6* Mote dungeon, regular events,
    as well as the new dungeon type that is arriving in October

OSB to one bar is pretty nice.

No new SB type.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    The Chilling request final boss is kind of annoying. If you push him too fast, he chains a bunch of attacks in a row. Going to have to think a bit on an auto-battle team.

For the Ice damage race, what did folks use? Raijin SSB per normal?

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    You can say that again. Oh my goodness, the Overstrike spam some characters will be capable of. Just imagine what Cid Orlandeau can do.

And I’m sure some pre-super SBs will be of use with lowered costs. Bartz has a unique Enwind, I know. Sentinel’s Grimoire is also unique, though it still is outclassed by Dr Mog’s Glint if all you need is Wall.

Enlong on
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I used my dark odin Ice team that has yet to actually kill dark odin ice. I missed the last gil reward but didn't really care. Instant cast of some kind and imperil+chain is probably how you want to go if you want S ranking. Note, he removes top and bottom characters near the end so don't stick good dps there.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    shit Anime Lenses used for Record Sapphire...my megalixir syndrome will not help at all!

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    They are also used for the next tier soulbreak to power them up somehow. Luckily it seems like the only ones I really want to spend are the T2 lenses.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    You can say that again. Oh my goodness, the Overstrike spam some characters will be capable of. Just imagine what Cid Orlandeau can do.

And I’m sure some pre-super SBs will be of use with lowered costs. Bartz has a unique Enwind, I know. Sentinel’s Grimoire is also unique, though it still is outclassed by Dr Mog’s Glint if all you need is Wall.

OSBs at one bar means that rage breaking is a lot easier to pull off, now.

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Maytag wrote: »
    1/3
    Disco
    Its a sword
    Is it an AASB? I don't even know what Queen's AASB is.
    Imperial Saber [GSB+] - En-Lightning, En-Lightning Stack & Instant Cast 1 to user, Instant Cast & Zero SB Cost

Well... My first G+. Uhh? I'm not really sure how useful it is by itself. Maybe she has something useful in anima lenses or a good legend dive.

Hey I got that too, was hoping for the AASB as well when I saw it.

As it is, I've been pulling more and more of Queen's kit over the various LOTR's. I'm now at Glint+/BSB/USB/OSB. She could really use her doublecast lmr though.
    I also got the Glint+ and I'm in pretty much the same spot, except with SSB instead of OSB and I do have the LMR. Haven't done the Torment yet, so this should help a little.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    Q&A from livestream:

Q1) We want more SB slots in battle
    As usual, we will consider about it so give us some time
    We understand the players' problem and will try to make it happen

Q2) Can we reset our Crystal Water allocation?
    There is none
    Instead, we are planning to give out more Crystal Waters

Q3) Can we unlock the entire Legend Sphere grid at once?
    It will be implemented next week
    On 17th September after the maintenance

Q4) Can we have more bosses in the Story Dungeons?
    It will be difficult to add more at once
    but we plan to have more within the first half of next year
    We are aware that players want to challenge the final bosses
    But won't that be lonely to have the series be completed?

Q5) 6* Magicite Dungeon is too difficult, and the difficulty gap with other contents is too huge. Please increase the difficulty of other events.
    Event stages from October will be raised to D300~400
    We will touch more on this in the next part of the stream

Last Qn) More Torment Dungeons
    Or Nightmare over here
    Rather than making more (which we don't plan on doing so), we plan on working on the current ones
    Will have more details in Winter
    ====================

1) Daily Dungeon Renewal
    For EXP dungeon, more eggs will be rewarded
    Clear EXP will also be increased

2) Mote Dungeon Renewal
    Stamina Cost will be reduced
    for 3* & 4* dungeons, more motes will be rewarded

3) SB Gauge update
    Default SB, Shared SB, Unique SB, OSB, will cost 1 gauge
    aka same as FSB

4) Acolyte Archives
    Book of Trials Volume XI & XII will be added
    Rewards include Mythril & Realm/Elemental Draw Ticket

5) New Function: Record Board
    New method to strengthen characters
    After reaching L99 and maxing their Legend Sphere

Record Board utilises 6* Motes
    unlike the previous rarity, there will only be 3 types

Spend 6* Mote to unlock new grid spaces
    to earn boosts like stat increase
    There are also effects that becomes stronger with more same-realm characters you have
    A special report on this function will be released after the stream

Record Board also earn character-specific abilities
    This ability can only be used by 1 character
    the character which you unlock the ability from

To obtain this ability, you need to obtain Record Sapphire
    You can obtain Record Sapphire by spending Anima Lens

6* Motes can be obtained from 6* Mote dungeon, regular events,
    as well as the new dungeon type that is arriving in October

OSB to one bar is pretty nice.

No new SB type.

License Board pic!
    39vydj8zxoc9.png

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    edited September 2019
    by the way, it's not just Anima Lens:
    Record Sapphires can only be purchased in the Anima Lens Shop through EX Anima Lens.
    EX Anima Lens can be earned from event stages, as well as duplicates from relic draw.

Also an example of their new unique abilites:
    Rydia's Unique Ability, Summoners' Band: 4 AOE Water/Earth/Holy summon magic attacks
    Requires: 100 Record Sapphires & 30 of each 6* Mote

Also
    Record Boards will be given out to characters in waves.
    The first wave includes:
    Warrior of Light, Maria, Firion, Onion Knight, Paladin Cecil, Rydia, Kain, Lenna, Bartz,
    Terra, Locke, Cloud, Tifa, Selphie, Ultimecia, Zidane, Tidus, Rikku, Shantotto, Vaan, Ashe,
    Raines, Lightning, Alphinaud, Noctis, Lunafreya, Ramza, Rem, Ace, Tyro, Elarra

lionheart_m on
    Is that what anima lenses are called in JP or is it a new thing? Sounds like what we have, unless all duplicates are going to now give two types of lenses.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Is that what anima lenses are called in JP or is it a new thing? Sounds like what we have, unless all duplicates are going to now give two types of lenses.

unconfirmed. people are hopeful that it's a new level apart from the standard anima lens but we'll have to wait and see.

Darklyre wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »

OSBs at one bar means that rage breaking is a lot easier to pull off, now.

Honestly, OSBs just became generally a lot more interesting to have

• FryFry Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Lol at people requesting even more SB slots in combat. Still pretty rare to meaningfully use four slots, but maybe with characters starting to get lots of single-use SBs including no-cost Glint+, I guess that could start being a thing in the future.

Default/unique/OSB down to one bar is a good balance change to make some old stuff at least marginally relevant again, and should help people who are struggling to get into 5* magicite. Tyro's Healing Grimoire being cut down to just one bar, from the original four, is kinda crazy to think about.

Other good uniques that I could see using more often with this change:

Aeris (party crit chance + magic blink)
    Delita (party crit chance + phys blink)

En-Element for certain characters who might not be getting it with their "main" SB (Bartz, Yuna, Gabranth, potentially a few others)
    Imperils (Garland, Barret, Cid VII. Barret specifically seems crazy, guaranteed 2 stacks lightning imperil every other turn alternating Ace Striker+Wrath with SB)
    party boosts/faiths (Leon, Basch, Mog, Rikku, Lulu)
    hastegas (Edward, Leila, Sazh, Kefka, Red XIII, Edea)
    certain medicas (Arc, Yuffie, Yuna, Vanille, Ramza, Tyro)
    grants multiple instant casts to user (Tidus, Lightning)

JP only:
    lots of the collab shared stuff, like the party ATK/MAG buff, or some of the DPS options

Fry on
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    There are a lot of healers with medicas that they'll be able to toss out at one bar in a clutch situation, that's got a lot of possibilities there.

Got a Daily hit, unfortunately a dupe. But it's Ysayle's USB which is at least +ice damage, so might be worth holding on to or combining.

Wait, so you can lean Abilities that are unique to each character? Like, that thing for Rydia is something you hone with crystals and equip to her?

That could cause some interesting stuff. Could lead to fewer moves made to only support one character, like Aqua Corkscrew.

Record board for Nine, unlock an Earth Jump.

Hmmm...I wonder if it'll take a slot? So many questions...but man am I interested in what's coming down the line.

If it does take a slot, that wouldn’t be bad. Depending on power output, that would probably be the best thing Rydia could equip.

——————

Give Reynn a record ability to summon Shivalry.

Will Cloud finally get a 5 hit Wind Element Spellblade for him?
    it's probably gonna be a hit 5 Combat Wind Skill

edited September 2019
    If one has Rydia's awakening, getting her own personal not-Tritoch will make her even better at blowing through 5* magicites. Only need two element chains (one of fire/ice/lit and one of holy/earth/water) to be able to do six of them, via wrong-chain madness.

edit: wonder if we will finally see some blue magic via character-specific abilities.

Fry on
    Fuckin’ give Garnet a personal lightning summon via the board. It’s nonsense that she has only one appropriate move, which can’t be duplicated.

Oh, and a reminder that today’s the last day to finish Crystal Tower: King of the Espers

4 Crystal Towers left. Going to miss the easy motes.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

4 Crystal Towers left. Going to miss the easy motes.

JP already has a farm for 5* motes.

I'm not sure I am even going to use it when it arrives; I'm already at the point where I have nearly a thousand of each mote type floating around and not really many useful characters to spend them on. I just did Josef's dive even though I have no SBs for him, just because it's unique (first time Josef gets to critical HP, do a party medica+last stand)

Easy crystals and anima lenses then?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

I still need a lot of motes. My core magicite teams are fine but my torment teams are not. Also, it suuucks for someone that started "recently" that I don't have enough job motes to max out every character.

edited September 2019
    I still need a lot of motes. My core magicite teams are fine but my torment teams are not. Also, it suuucks for someone that started "recently" that I don't have enough job motes to max out every character.

They haven't released enough job motes for ANYONE to max them out, regardless of time played.

My spreadsheet is out of date, so this might have SLIGHTLY changed, but last I checked we were getting close on Bard (74 short), Ninja (110 short), and Thief (120 short). Worst case is Knight which is 700 (!) short

e: Those look to now be 54, 90, 100, and 680, respectively.

e2: I'm up to 85 people full dived, 7 half dived, and enough motes for another 25 and some change. Damn.

Jragghen on
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Hmm. I'm not buying any more gems, but thinking about the ~5000 I have left.

Probably the 500 gem bUSB select this fest, the 3000 AASB select during winter fest, and fest banners x 5 for the next three fests. I might be almost free!

edited September 2019
    My problem with dives is that it takes way too long to dive every node and also there are so many worthless nodes. Usually on the left side. I dive hp mag attack and speed nodes very easily because they do things all of the time.

If I had gems I’d save them all for AASB and SASB selects.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited September 2019
    Disco/3

Marche Arcane

Yeah, sure!

e: Seriously considering selecting his USB now. I've got burst, SSB, and LMR right now. USB with arcane is solid.

Jragghen on
    Gods of luck have bestowed a second consecutive USB on me for LoTR.....

....too bad it's also a dupe! Meliadoul USB (dupe)/3.

At least this one is +earth. Oh well.

edited September 2019
    oh no chain but... well I have his Arcane. I could do some fun stuff with him. And to be honest, I kinda like him! Maybe force him into my lightning team.
    bdjaj1z49cg1.jpg

lionheart_m on
    Oh hm! This is an interesting get.

Orran’s BSB. Boosts the party’s ATK and RES. Boosts the party’s critical hit damage. Commands are a medica and a non-instant Curaga that gives the target Powerchain.

Wild thought; can I use this as a budget version of Ignis’s BSB? It has no crit-rate option, but Orran is a full Bard who can use Ode to Victory or Warrior’s Hymn. He can then use the heal one command line Ignis on 0 ingredients (or Umaro, haha). Worth a try, I think. I think he would do best in my physical Wind team, buffing Cloud and Gau, who get full crits.

1/3
    Disco
    Come on chain chain chain!

It’s... a book. Well that’s probably not good

Orran USB. Uh ? Full break magic blink and instant cast? Weird. Seems like it might be hard to find content where all three are useful.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

1/3
    Disco

Orran USB. Uh ? Full break magic blink and instant cast? Weird. Seems like it might be hard to find content where all three are useful.

That's a full crush, btw. Very large break so it a bit more potent at least.

edited September 2019
    1/3
    Disco

I feel like any Magicite where the boss does a lot of magic would work.

Provided you have room for a Bard/off-healer

Enlong on
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    oh no chain but... well I have his Arcane. I could do some fun stuff with him. And to be honest, I kinda like him! Maybe force him into my lightning team.
    bdjaj1z49cg1.jpg

Oh hey, I got that too! Not quite sure how he'll manage to fit in with the rest of T's knights, but I'm sure I'll find a niche use for it somewhere.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Orran USB is simultaneously kinda whatever for 99% of gameplay, but also mandatory for tippy top end speedrunning.

one of my friends always mentions it during the rop.

i got dupe ramza usb2, which is bleh.

aeNqQM9.jpg