As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Any sufficiently advanced [tech] thread is indistinguishable from a magic thread

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Apparently you can film with two lenses at the same time?

Neat.

Edit: Yeah, you can frame a shot with all three lenses and shoot with 2 of them simultaneously. You can also shoot with a rear lens and the front camera at the same time.

jgeis on
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    every iPhone 11 Pro is powered by the miniaturized core of a dying star

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Not that miniaturized, though, it's still got a 12 kilometer screen.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Back when I was doing amateur video docs, the ability to shoot with both front and rear would have been a game changer. I really like that.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    iPhone 11 Pro starts at $999. Max at $1099.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    considering the camera upgrade I would almost say this phone is decent value... except I'm sure the version that actually comes with disk space is $700 extra

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    considering the camera upgrade I would almost say this phone is decent value... except I'm sure the version that actually comes with disk space is $700 extra

Hey now, friend, you don't need disk space, just keep it all on the cloud! That's only $500 extra.

• Options
    how much store credit can I get for my iphone 7

• Options
    there was a brief moment where I thought he mispronounced introducing Dara O'Briain

followed by several moments of me asking myself why the fuck I would think Dara O'Briain would be there for any reason

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Someone talk me out of getting a new watch.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    It tells time.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    a "has disk space" 11 Pro is $1150 on AT&T

i can't recall if there's any difference with the Max other than being physically larger

• Options
    Jasconius wrote: »
    a "has disk space" 11 Pro is $1150 on AT&T

i can't recall if there's any difference with the Max other than being physically larger

battery has more capacity, but also a larger screen

• Options

your current watch is the best watch ever

also, if you take it off, you'll die

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote: »

your current watch is the best watch ever

also, if you take it off, you'll die

*Takes notes.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular

Your current watch works fine and you can use the money instead to buy more Ghostbusters toys.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Did they put a headphone jack back in yet

Moriveth on
  • Options
    Heffling wrote: »

Your current watch works fine and you can use the money instead to buy more Ghostbusters toys.

I already have all of those.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    you can invest your money in design and production of new ghostbusters toys

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I have a hard time getting excited for these things anymore. At least this has the new dual and tri cameras. But I think I'm getting a yearly electronics fatigue. Like the new Samsungs held no value for me when they released and all I get from this is "Hey cool new cameras!" but the phone stuff is just...slightly better? I guess?

When do they launch new iPads?

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I have a hard time getting excited for these things anymore. At least this has the new dual and tri cameras. But I think I'm getting a yearly electronics fatigue. Like the new Samsungs held no value for me when they released and all I get from this is "Hey cool new cameras!" but the phone stuff is just...slightly better? I guess?

When do they launch new iPads?

they just did launch a new ipad, but it's just the new entry level one

the new pro will probably come late november

• Options
    I can't wait for some year when the mind-blowing new feature is they put headphone jacks in them

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Did they say a date for iPad os

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Did they put a headphone jack back in yet

They did not.

I'm glad I didn't wait for the Note 10 either because Samsung took the headphone jack out of that one too. I hate this trend.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Yeah I even have wireless earbuds now, but I still love cheap wired headphones and use them often. Keep the Jack!

We should get a protest movement going. Go to the next one of these Apple has and get a chant going. Jack! jack! jack! we will scream

Edit: Wait we would need to be more clear. We need them to know we want a jack in the phone. Lets chant "jack in it" instead

Bucketman on
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Yeah I even have wireless earbuds now, but I still love cheap wired headphones and use them often. Keep the Jack!

We should get a protest movement going. Go to the next one of these Apple has and get a chant going. Jack! jack! jack! we will scream

Edit: Wait we would need to be more clear. We need them to know we want a jack in the phone. Lets chant "jack in it" instead

runhomejack.jpg

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Damn, some discrete low-power cores to handle lower-priority tasks? Filming with the front and back camera at the same time? "haptic touch"?

I'm so excited for all this years-old tech to finally make its way into the flagship iPhone!

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    the triple camera looks fake every time i look at it.

just weird looking in a way i cannot describe.

edit: also really stretching the definition of telephoto here with a 52mm equiv. focal length. basically dead on normal.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    My partner has a little Intel NUC that she does her photo editing on, but she has been getting frustrated with its limitations, so I'm looking at building her a proper system.

Does anyone have any advice on what I should be looking at for a more (reasonably priced) photoshop/lightroom focused workstation? I've only ever built gaming PCs, so I'm not sure how this compares.

Ideally I'd like to keep it physically compact if possible too, but that's not a huge priority.

My strategy has been to build a low end gaming pc with just a shitload of ram. It seems to work ok.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    They're pushing the camera side of it really hard as far as distinguishing features. For me, I need a big boy, I need a great big boy, so I'm stuck with the pro.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Rachel and I are getting closer to needing new phones. Our current phones are the 6S+, which are still holding on pretty well but are starting to get issues with batteries and stuff.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    for you massive size queen phone people with like 6.5-6.8" phones

wljz0Fr.jpg
    https://www.uxmatters.com/mt/archives/2013/02/how-do-users-really-hold-mobile-devices.php

how do y'all deal with the red sections of the screen?

like with my 5.2inch screen, I can barely hit the far corner

I can't think of how hard that would be with a bigger phone

is it just a big hands thing?

Brolo on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I have my butler press it for me.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Heh, you know I bet, uh, Trump has trouble using that phone, am I right

• Options
    I don't use my phone one-handed, mainly

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I've got two hands.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Get yourself a flip phone and then you don't have to worry about touching screens.

• Options
    jgeis wrote: »
    I've got two hands.

Well look at ol' "Two Hands" jgeis over here, bragging that he's got two of the damn things

• Options
    Alternately if I am using my phone one-handed and need to hit the far top left side of the screen I just let the phone slide down my hand a little and bounce in off my chest or whatever to reposition it.

• Options
    I'm just saying SOME of us were caught shoplifting and had one of our hands cut off as punishment, is all

This discussion has been closed.