As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Armor 2.0: Stats All, Folks! Shadowkeep Drops Oct. 1

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I think it has a lot to do with gunfeel, or just that feeling that something is/isn't performing based on how we like to play. So while Austringer is a great choice for most people, I tried and failed to make it work for my playstyle. That being said, Explosive Payload on a Trust makes is absolutely obnoxious to fight against.. but also makes it impossible to land headshots, so it won't work for that quest.

The right answer is use what works for you, and all that jazz.

(Also I have like 3 different Trust rolls that kick ass for different reasons. The one I used for the quest had Rapid Hit/Dragonfly which... Should be illegal to use on other humans)

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Vagabond wrote: »
    180s have almost no recoil though. And Trust has a recoil direction stat of 96 which makes any recoil it does have send it straight up. Combine the higher RoF with something like Explosive Payload and you have a monster on your hands. Having been on the receiving end of an Explosive Payload Trust, I can safely say it is VERY DISORIENTING. This thing has been great for me:
    74m9ljxrna4v.png

The Trust I’ve been using lately is pretty similar.
    fC8mtrp_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

And went with the same mod/mw.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Dammit, you show me yours I gotta show you mine
    ucckecgj123s.png

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Mag size is Trust's biggest weakness and I'm glad the Backup Mag mod exists

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    I think it has a lot to do with gunfeel, or just that feeling that something is/isn't performing based on how we like to play. So while Austringer is a great choice for most people, I tried and failed to make it work for my playstyle. That being said, Explosive Payload on a Trust makes is absolutely obnoxious to fight against.. but also makes it impossible to land headshots, so it won't work for that quest.

The right answer is use what works for you, and all that jazz.

(Also I have like 3 different Trust rolls that kick ass for different reasons. The one I used for the quest had Rapid Hit/Dragonfly which... Should be illegal to use on other humans)

You know the thing that finally made the Austringer click for me was that I could actually fire it way faster than I was trying to initially. The AA and range with the right perks meant that I didnt have to pace my shots nearly as much as I was trying to do to begin with.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    So you're saying.. you have Trust issues?

That is the Truth

And like Jay said, you can show me all the stats you want but it still just doesn’t feel good to me

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    CoolGuy had a recent video on handcannons and the 4 archetypes and how to use them and what they do and so on:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc9EhkeohgU

It's got a good section on the 180s like Trust and how and why they can work for you. And also a good section on everything else too.

• KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Trust is the only hand cannon I’ve just never been able to get to work for me. 180s in general just feel off when I use them, though post-nerf Luna’s has been doing great for me so maybe I’m just a crazy person.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Hand Cannons are weird. For me, at least, they either feel totally right or completely wrong. I don't think any other weapon type has that extreme difference in feeling for the same class of weapons.

Everything close to Midnight Coup feels perfect, while anything super slow like Duke or faster like Thorn just feel totally wrong, and I can't hit a damn thing either way.

Last night I got an Austringer with nearly perfect roll (has extended mag instead of appended mag, but it isn't a huge difference) and it feels almost identical to the Coup, despite being slightly slower.

It doesn't seem much more effective though, which makes me wonder why I ran so many Menageries for it, when my Coup wasn't lacking for effectiveness. :rotate:

In crucible the range of Hand Cannons that feel right is narrowed down to about two. The Ikelos and...well that might be it. I actually like Crimson, but it just can't compete at all anymore, against much of anything; and it doesn't feel like a HC anyway. Ace of Spades, I suppose, but I rarely have the free exotic slot. Coup never really did the trick in crucible, and I doubt Austringer will be much different. Fortunately, outside of a handful of quests, I don't really feel like I need to be using a HC in pvp to be effective. They're PvE weapons for me; I'll stick to pulses in crucible.

Hey, unrelated; what the hell is happening with clans with cross save? On the in-game clan sheet, people pop in and out of existence if they move between platforms, but the same clans seem to ostensibly exist cross platforms. Are they making adjustments to how clans work now? Will a single clan be able to support people on multiple platforms? What happens with clans that are the same name on multiple platforms?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    As far as I remember, clans were platform agnostic from day one so any platform could join any clan.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    As far as I remember, clans were platform agnostic from day one so any platform could join any clan.

No, they were platform specific. Which was important, you only get 100 slots. You wouldn't want to waste slots on people who couldn't ever possibly team up with you. With the new system, presumably you just make progress in whatever clan you joined originally, even if that means you're playing on PC from a Clan that originated on Ps4.

Is there still a bonus to glory for 3 matches played a week, or did they remove that when they increased gains?

Yep. That being said it might be easier to climb in the beginning of Shadowkeep when they retool Comp.

Why isn't there a report option for "So fucking obvious they're using KBAM on console that it's actually insulting Bungie doesn't have tools to detect it."?

My president.

8bc16740-1ebe-4312-9d40-faf0cf456bbf_Thumbnail.PNG

smCQ5WE.jpg
    Damn my Erentil is only at 1300 kills, I've been slackin

Hand Cannons are weird. For me, at least, they either feel totally right or completely wrong. I don't think any other weapon type has that extreme difference in feeling for the same class of weapons.

Everything close to Midnight Coup feels perfect, while anything super slow like Duke or faster like Thorn just feel totally wrong, and I can't hit a damn thing either way.

Last night I got an Austringer with nearly perfect roll (has extended mag instead of appended mag, but it isn't a huge difference) and it feels almost identical to the Coup, despite being slightly slower.

It doesn't seem much more effective though, which makes me wonder why I ran so many Menageries for it, when my Coup wasn't lacking for effectiveness. :rotate:

In crucible the range of Hand Cannons that feel right is narrowed down to about two. The Ikelos and...well that might be it. I actually like Crimson, but it just can't compete at all anymore, against much of anything; and it doesn't feel like a HC anyway. Ace of Spades, I suppose, but I rarely have the free exotic slot. Coup never really did the trick in crucible, and I doubt Austringer will be much different. Fortunately, outside of a handful of quests, I don't really feel like I need to be using a HC in pvp to be effective. They're PvE weapons for me; I'll stick to pulses in crucible.

Hey, unrelated; what the hell is happening with clans with cross save? On the in-game clan sheet, people pop in and out of existence if they move between platforms, but the same clans seem to ostensibly exist cross platforms. Are they making adjustments to how clans work now? Will a single clan be able to support people on multiple platforms? What happens with clans that are the same name on multiple platforms?

But... but... both Thorn and Coup are 150s

vq2TEKC.png
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Opty wrote: »

No, they were platform specific. Which was important, you only get 100 slots. You wouldn't want to waste slots on people who couldn't ever possibly team up with you. With the new system, presumably you just make progress in whatever clan you joined originally, even if that means you're playing on PC from a Clan that originated on Ps4.

Clans have always been cross-platform. My clan has had Xbox and PC people in it for a long while.

• awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Have they said anything about what “Moments of Triumph Week” (see spoiler) means? Is it just the last week they’re available, or is some kind of event happening?
    k42tumgdcf7s.jpeg

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I think it's just that it's the last week you can get MMXIX done?

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Argh. There's another Iron Banner? I don't want to be tempted to do that stupid quest again on the other characters.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    This is a pretty great thread from the writer of the Books of Sorrow

He mentions that the Grimoire being online also basically saved its existence.

Fawst on
  • awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »

*snip*

Coincidentally I'm re-reading his Baru Cormorant books, which are fantastic but you should only read if you enjoy being punched in the chest repeatedly.

I love the detail about Ghost protesting that he is "not a grenade."

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I love the idea that the Grimoire exists on OneNote because I love that damn clunky tool so much, even though probably a myriad of other options do individual components better.

Also Baru Cormorant 3 needs to come out like soon kthxbye.

I love the idea that the Grimoire exists on OneNote because I love that damn clunky tool so much, even though probably a myriad of other options do individual components better.

Also Baru Cormorant 3 needs to come out like soon kthxbye.

I will second the love of OneNote

vq2TEKC.png
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    If I'm correctly remembering what Seth Dickinson wrote recently, Baru 2 and 3 were split from a single novel, and Baru 3 is currently longer than that original novel was when he decided to split it. I also asked him what the best way to help him out with buying the books was (physical vs. e-book) and he said to buy whichever version was best for "you," and that leaving a positive review was the single best way to help him out. So as soon as I can, I'm gonna read them and do just that.

Speaking of... Hey Xbox raid people, I need a Scourge and Crown run for this title if anyone could sub me in. I can probably LFG it but I.... Don't... Want to.

I won’t be on for a couple of days, but I can help with either one when I get back if you still haven’t done it.

smCQ5WE.jpg

I honestly don't know if I would have stuck with Destiny without it. Don't get me wrong, the gameplay has always been great (content though...); but without the pretty awesome lore in the grimoire pulling me further in, I could have easily just moved on. There's plenty of games out there with good gameplay but not a lot of reason to keep coming back or get super invested in their world (or go all Halo and just do...whatever the fuck they did :rotate: ).

Even not being in the game in D1, the fact it existed and was just so well done and made everything in game feel all the more engrossing.

It would have been a damn shame if it had been cut.

Aaaaanyway; so can someone clarify to me whether or not the menagerie buff is gone until the weekend again? I'm kind of confused about how it is supposed to be working.

So as soon as I can, I'm gonna read them and do just that.

you absolutely should

but don't say i didn't warn you

I meant Trust, I have no idea why I typed Thorn. I don't even have that yet. Sitting on the final strike part on all three characters. :rotate:

Heeeeey...when I see someone in the PC lfg discord saying something like /join <user>

Am...am I supposed to type that in-game?

Can you just.../join a player in D2 PC? Is it seriously that easy?

I meant Trust, I have no idea why I typed Thorn. I don't even have that yet. Sitting on the final strike part on all three characters. :rotate:

Ah I don't know why I didn't put that together, it actually should have been obvious considering the context

vq2TEKC.png
  • twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    Heeeeey...when I see someone in the PC lfg discord saying something like /join <user>

yes, as long as you're in the same region (NA/EU/OCE).

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

yup

sunofabitch

That's awesome.

Thanks!

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    sunofabitch

That's awesome.

Thanks!

it is case-specific, so watch out for capitalization

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • DoublySymmetricDoublySymmetric Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

yup
    sunofabitch

That's awesome.

Thanks!

Yeah, it was very annoying a few months ago when /join and /invite were broken. You actually had to add the person to your friends list before you could join or invite.

Steam - DoublySymmetric (43687993)
    Blizz ID - DoublySymm#1758
    edited September 2019
    I'm watching along on this Bungie Bounty (and trying in vain to get the emblem) but they just offhand mentioned SRL and the chat lost their damn minds. I doubt it means anything but... Man what a tease

Matchmaking clearly breaks every time they start a queue. It just put me into a strike with 4 people, counting myself.

Also Phil left his Clan invites on and people started spamming racist Clan name invites to him, so they had to cut off the bottom section of the screen so they wouldn't show up

Local H Jay on
    Welp, no luck this time. I saw a lot of people bitching in the chat that they had to use VPNs to get a fair shot to be matchmade in. I get it, but the structure of these Bungie Bounties is pretty lame. They should have a handful of other teams go in the pool that can also hand out the emblem. With strikes I think you had 8-9 chances to join them, and about 8k people in the chat. Not great odds.