As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

enjoy mustard ice cream in the [bad food] thread

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    A mountain dew livewire since it's the only place you can buy them down here , One of the dubious hunks of pizza sitting out near the checkout counter and a three muskateers bar.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Coffee and almonds

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Obscenely sized frozen burrito, Gardettos, and a XXX vitamin water

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    My go to is mozz sticks and a fish platter from sheetz.

The platter has fries and macaroni.
    It's very filling and warm after a nightmare shift at work

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    One time I tried one of those mango juice drinks and I wasnt prepared for the slippery lubricious consistency and it caused such a malfunction in my drinking mechanisms that I inhaled and aresolised a significant amount of it very much in public and I can never return to that city

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    If it's Sheetz it's the app platter with tots/mozz sticks/chicken bites and a chocolate shake. Elsewise it's Reece's and a Pepsi (and once upon a time some bbq lays or kettle chips, but I've sworn off chips for a while).

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    i was gonna say I never buy anything from petrol stations if I can avoid it, but then I remembered

91yaX1kLIBL._SY679_.jpg

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Slim Jim, Nacho Doritos, and a coke.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    white chocolate reese's cups, munchos, and cherry coke zero

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Whatever I can get on special, which is usually two lemonade/ice teas and maybe a hot dog or pizza

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I basically only go to Wawas so

cold brew
    cigarettes
    maybe a pretzel

and maybe, if I'm feeling sassy, I get the 2 for 3 dollars sodas they have, but I'm trying to drink less soda

• Options
    Oh also sometimes entirely too many 7-11 taquitos

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Arizona/Peace Tea Arnold Palmer

sour cream and cheddar chips

teriyaki beef sticks

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

I'm pretty sure this is any amount greater than zero.
    So, I too get entirely too many taquitos.

Though, when I was working at a gas station, my go to was the long time roller dogs. The ones at the back. The ones that had been rolling since before I had got in for my shift and were waiting for me at the end of my day. The ones that were halfway to becoming hot dog flavored jerky. Just a light coating of nacho cheese on them and go to town.
    Wash them down with a 50/50 mix of coke flavored slush drink and actual coke, and try really hard not to think about what that was doing to my internal organs and sleep schedule.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

I don't think there's a proper number of 7-11 taquitos. Most whole numbers are "not as many taquitos as I would like to eat" and at the same time "more taquitos than I would like to have eaten."

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Though, when I was working at a gas station, my go to was the long time roller dogs. The ones at the back. The ones that had been rolling since before I had got in for my shift and were waiting for me at the end of my day. The ones that were halfway to becoming hot dog flavored jerky. Just a light coating of nacho cheese on them and go to town.
    Wash them down with a 50/50 mix of coke flavored slush drink and actual coke, and try really hard not to think about what that was doing to my internal organs and sleep schedule.

I've gotten some pushback from gas station people about wanting the hot dogs that have clearly been on the rollers for Too Long and it's like look man, I know what I'm getting into here.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    20 oz Coke, bag of Fritos or Cheetos.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »

I've gotten some pushback from gas station people about wanting the hot dogs that have clearly been on the rollers for Too Long and it's like look man, I know what I'm getting into here.

That's because they want them for themselves. The forbidden delights of the old dogs is a secret known almost exclusively to the convenience store employees.

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Gardettos and either a refill on my water or a 12oz Red Bull depending on how tired I am and how far I’m driving.

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    My gas-station (QT usually) go-to is:
    A) Breakfast -> Breakfast pizza + no-carb energy drink (usually Rockstar Zero Punched)
    B) Lunch -> Cheese taquito + buffalo "chicken" stick + fountain soda

These are more rare treats now than standards, but yeah.

a5ehren on
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    If I'm not driving, I'll kill a couple QT hotdogs. If I AM driving
    Take one from the wet category and one from the crunch category:
    u8hzqlnbs6x9.png
    j9q144bofp0t.png
    c2fanis4ifhl.png
    eza9gzf71scl.png

If I'm not in cheerwine country I'll settle for coke zero, but as a person who does not drink much soda anyway, I really really want that cheerwine.

QuantumTurk on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    peach Snapple, smok-a-roni, and salt and pepper kettle chips

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    When I get gas at Quicktrip, I usually get a bottle of Ruby Red Squirt and one of their soft pretzels with a side of cheese dip.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    When I get gas at Quicktrip, I usually get a bottle of Ruby Red Squirt and one of their soft pretzels with a side of cheese dip.

The soft pretzels at QT are so good! They oversalt them so badly here, though.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    I never buy gas station snacks because here in Oregon it's illegal to pump your own gas so I never get out of car. Also all the gas stations around here are surrounded by fast food places so why would I bother?

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I am addicted to QT's breakfast pizza.

I am trying to force myself to cut down.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    "I don't like cauliflower it's gross waa-waa!"

"Okay i'll just use rice instead we'll have chicken and rice."

"Yaaay"

Pricks i used cauliflower anyway and they ATE IT ALL happily

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    "I don't like cauliflower it's gross waa-waa!"

"Okay i'll just use rice instead we'll have chicken and rice."

"Yaaay"

Pricks i used cauliflower anyway and they ATE IT ALL happily

Make sure to make "mashed potatoes" for them too.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    You know those frozen mixed vegetables, like the broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot mix. It sucks when you open up a bag and get like 80-90% carrots.

• Options
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    I never buy gas station snacks because here in Oregon it's illegal to pump your own gas so I never get out of car. Also all the gas stations around here are surrounded by fast food places so why would I bother?

sometimes you just want a snack and the gas station is right there! I get stuff usually when I'm driving over the mountains to Portland, I'll stop for gas in Madras or Sandy, pick up snacks at a station there.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I tend not to buy gas station snacks because if I get something it's usually a drink as I will chug one and refill so I get my money's worth but I just get lotto as of late

• Options
    I thought it was legal to pump your own gas in Oregon now?

• Options
    edited September 2019

Only in counties with less than 40k people, and only between 6pm and 6am.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Two jalepeno corn dogs and a RC cola.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options

Only in counties with less than 40k people, and only between 6pm and 6am.

That's... a really weird restriction!

• Options
    the idea is that places in lower population areas have a hard time hiring people for graveyard shift, so they loosened the restrictions there

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    a state law against pumping your own gas is dumb as shit to begin with

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    The idea, as someone who used to be a pump monkey (mostly graveyards, even), was that it creates jobs.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    The idea, as someone who used to be a pump monkey (mostly graveyards, even), was that it creates jobs.

Yeah 90 years ago when cars were randomly assembled monstrosities and gas stations were all mechanic shops.
    There's not much reason in then modern day.

Though the people complaining when that law change went through were hilarious

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
This discussion has been closed.