As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

i like to watch the tv

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    nah

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    BOTH OF THOSE DESCRIPTIONS USE THE WORD NONCHALANTLY

Have you seen the commercials?
    They are nonchalant as shit.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    see317 wrote: »
    BOTH OF THOSE DESCRIPTIONS USE THE WORD NONCHALANTLY

Have you seen the commercials?
    They are nonchalant as shit.

This post is HELLA nonchalant.

Tastes like BERRY FLAVORED AWESOMESAUCE

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    The pedant in me now needs to know the various adjustments the placing in an event gives to a tears flavor.

What does disqualiified, but later re-qualified due to checking the camera and being placed 2nd's tears taste like?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I love that, "Google what's my next event? It's dinner with your friends" like where were you even walking you chucklefuck, is their vision of the future one where we're just out in the world being guided around haplessly by our watches?

Actually don't answer that because the answer is almost certainly yes.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Peen wrote: »
    I love that, "Google what's my next event? It's dinner with your friends" like where were you even walking you chucklefuck, is their vision of the future one where we're just out in the world being guided around haplessly by our watches?

Actually don't answer that because the answer is almost certainly yes.

Where's the version that is him saying "Google what's my next event" and before it's answered he walks into a lamppost cause he was staring at his watch

edit: and the version where him asking "Google what's my next event" in a busy intersection, causes everyone's phone and watch to also go off

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Where is the commercial with, "Hey Google what's my next event?"

"Your calendar is empty for the foreseeable future."

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Please, master Google, what is thy bidding

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Please, master Google, what is thy bidding

You can't go spoiling the titles of next season's Black Mirror episodes like this

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

Look closer, the old man has gained a second hat and is dancing with them at the end. Wherefore, this second hat?

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    That's clearly a different old man, you bigot. The hatless man is over on the right.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

Look closer, the old man has gained a second hat and is dancing with them at the end. Wherefore, this second hat?

wherefore means why

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i randomly got the theme song to "it's garry shandling's show" stuck in my head

now i am doing a rewatch

i wish more sitcoms filmed in front of an audience would lean as hard into straight up being live theater as this show

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc74zZmn2m8
    well, I guess it's one of those nights to think deeply about Major Briggs' speech to Bobby on Twin Peaks

I wish you all nothing but the very best, always

6F32U1X.png
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Duck Tales might be the best show on TV right now.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I started my rewatch of Hercules: The Legendary Journeys this week.

Its just as good as I remembered.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    well, I guess it's one of those nights to think deeply about Major Briggs' speech to Bobby on Twin Peaks

That whole experience really gave him the grounding to excel later when he took command of the Stargate program at Cheyenne mountain.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• SleepSleep Registered User regular

That whole experience really gave him the grounding to excel later when he took command of the Stargate program at Cheyenne mountain.

I was gonna say all I can see is General Hammond.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Huh, the dude wot played Berric Dondarion on GoT is gonna play Vimes in a show about Discworld's City Watch.

I can see it.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Discworld is such a hard adaptation, but The Watch seems like it'd be the easiest to do

Fantasy Police Procedural With Comedic Elements is hopefully easier than some of the other one's they've taken shots at

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Discworld is such a hard adaptation, but The Watch seems like it'd be the easiest to do

Fantasy Police Procedural With Comedic Elements is hopefully easier than some of the other one's they've taken shots at

Start with the one where he arrests a dragon.

Yeah, this seems to be a genuine ADAPTATION, using characters/world but doing its own thing. Which I think is a lot more likely to succeed than trying to do a straight-up translation.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Huh, the dude wot played Berric Dondarion on GoT is gonna play Vimes in a show about Discworld's City Watch.

I can see it.

After seeing him on Fortitude, yes. Absolutely.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The City Watch is also, by a wide margin, my favorite bit of Discworld

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I will also say that as someone who's really lost his taste for police procedurals

I hope they keep the aspect of The Watch that is Vimes really building his force from the ground up and replacing a much more corrupt system of doing things

That would go a long way for me

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    The whole Good Cop bit in Discworld is definitely pretty leery

But Vimes is really a pretty fuckin, wholly fantastically, Good Cop

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Per Collider, Alexander Skarsgaard will play Randall Flagg in the CBS All Access adaptation of Stephen King's The Stand

Today on The View, King announced that also joining the cast is Jovan Adepo (The Leftovers) as Larry Underwood; Owen Teague as Harold Lauder; Brad William Henke (OITNB) as Tom Cullen and Daniel Sunjata as Cobb

Previously announced was James Marsden as Stu Redman, Amber Heard as Nadine Cross, Odessa Young as Frannie Goldsmith, Henry Zaga as Nick Andros, and Whoopi Goldberg as Mother Abagail

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    One bit of their Good Cop routine I like is that it often involves not enforcing the law

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    You know I kind of might have imagined theyd nix the Mother Abigail character

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    You know I kind of might have imagined theyd nix the Mother Abigail character

I don't think that's a feasible change!

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

I can see it.
    Oh that is good

CYpGAPn.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I don't understand casting a young attractive dude as Randall Flagg

maybe I read the books wrong, but I always pictured the Walkin Dude as a grizzled looking guy in his 50s

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    more like Randall- *gunshot*

*thud*

*multiple gunshots*

*angry kicks*

tynic wrote: »

I can see it.

I have not seen Fortitude!

But the actor seems like he does a great, "Exhausted with everyone and also life," which is what I mainly want out of Vimes

edited September 2019
    tynic wrote: »

I can see it.

I have not seen Fortitude!

But the actor seems like he does a great, "Exhausted with everyone and also life," which is what I mainly want out of Vimes

oh my god Pooro watch Fortitude
    it's up there with The Terror for 'unbearably ratcheting up tension along multiple plot strands until you wanna scream'*
    also it has Stanley Tucci

*season one, anyway. Season two is ... of interest, but I wouldn't blame anyone who decided to tap out.

tynic on
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

this is my favorite scene in Twin Peaks

Shorty wrote: »
    snip

this is my favorite scene in Twin Peaks

this is mine:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLvZG6FgWLA

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    it's such a good character note that they recognize that Bobby's not gonna be a little shit all the time, and he's actually really moved by this

6F32U1X.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    more like Randall- *gunshot*

*thud*

*multiple gunshots*

*angry kicks*

I still have some of those memes around somewhere, I think

This discussion has been closed.