As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

YouTube is a series of video essays

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    y'all are talking about smokin' doobies like it's a struggle for the soul of a nation

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I can't say that it's not

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    y'all are talking about smokin' doobies like it's a struggle for the soul of a nation

I bet all the black men in prison for years for minor possession would call it that

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

I bet all the black men in prison for years for minor possession would call it that

If they even really are in prison for that.

Can't smell weed through a dashcam.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghC6t4_f18s

Dismantle capitalism, friends!

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Anyone associating with the likes of pewdiepie is a real deal prime time fuck face until proven conclusively and extensively otherwise and even then still a partial fuck face, the only complete exoneration would come via "I was on an ether bender"

Genuine question here, what do folks think is an acceptable degree of separation from someone who's a fuckface? Like:

Pewdiepie: Fuckface Prime, do not watch.

JackSepticEye: Seems to not do shitty things directly but is friends and a collaborator with pewdiepie, so supporting him is sketchy at best.

Game Grumps: Friends and collaborators with JSE but not with pewdiepie, verdict ???

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    One of the best bits on The Office.
    https://youtu.be/9Ht_GI2zOxo

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Butler wrote: »
    Anyone associating with the likes of pewdiepie is a real deal prime time fuck face until proven conclusively and extensively otherwise and even then still a partial fuck face, the only complete exoneration would come via "I was on an ether bender"

Genuine question here, what do folks think is an acceptable degree of separation from someone who's a fuckface? Like:

JackSepticEye: Seems to not do shitty things directly but is friends and a collaborator with pewdiepie, so supporting him is sketchy at best.

Game Grumps: Friends and collaborators with JSE but not with pewdiepie, verdict ???

People in the same industry will end up working with non-criminal fuckfaces to advance their own careers or for charity say (that is why Jack Black did the video with Pewdiepie, it was a charity benefit stream). It's up to you if that person is tainted by mere association.

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular

People in the same industry will end up working with non-criminal fuckfaces to advance their own careers or for charity say (that is why Jack Black did the video with Pewdiepie, it was a charity benefit stream). It's up to you if that person is tainted by mere association.

Yeah it's definitely a judgement call, I'm just curious where and how other people draw their lines. I think two degrees of separation is okay for someone like PDP, but if it was discovered that he was up to some way more heinous, serious-jail-time level stuff, I'd probably want to bump that up to three degrees.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I'm here to support trans rights and chew bubblegum

and I'm all out of bubblegum

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    In hindsight, I don't think I ever actually liked The office, either the US or UK versions.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Tonkka wrote: »
    In hindsight, I don't think I ever actually liked The office, either the US or UK versions.

Never seen either other than the memes

• Options
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular

It's too surreal for me after having worked in such an environment. No one ever gets any work done, and everyone is the comedic relief.

Parks n' Rec is better.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular

Yeah it's definitely a judgement call, I'm just curious where and how other people draw their lines. I think two degrees of separation is okay for someone like PDP, but if it was discovered that he was up to some way more heinous, serious-jail-time level stuff, I'd probably want to bump that up to three degrees.
    For me it's a question of context (doing it for charity helps) and platforming; if they keep giving someone with shitty views a platform on their own channel then nope.

In the specific examples, I'm a bit sadface about JSC doing it, but I don't think it's damning unless it becomes a regular thing. And GameGrumps associating with him is fine, he's not come out as a terrible person.
    Well, yet. 2016, all your favourite celebrities die. 2019, all your favourite celebrities turn out to be terrible people.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/CvQjWJzAXFg

Next ep will be fun, as it marks the US debut of a little publishing house called Square.

You might have heard of them.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    wait dang 3liza made her twitter private gotta go to the source

click through, trust me

https://www.tiktok.com/@mattlockshaw/video/6728567985990143237?langCountry=en

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
  • Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    wait dang 3liza made her twitter private gotta go to the source

click through, trust me

https://www.tiktok.com/@mattlockshaw/video/6728567985990143237?langCountry=en
    How do I make the comments on the side not take up 80% of the width, showing me only the middle strip of the video?

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I think it was filmed vertically

tiktok be like that sometimes

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure I've ever seen a horizontal tiktok

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    TikTok is a platform designed for mobile phones first and foremost

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    I think it was filmed vertically

tiktok be like that sometimes
    Not what I mean. The chat literally expands and removes like 30% of video on each side.
    b7dc3rvrai9w.jpg

• Options
    oh, no idea

doesn't seem to do that to me

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    If it can't load the "Trends for you" sidebar due to privacy protection settings or whatever, then the layout gets all fucked up and you see that.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    How could they not even have Peanut Butter, the Best M&M

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Dee Kae wrote: »

It's too surreal for me after having worked in such an environment. No one ever gets any work done, and everyone is the comedic relief.

Parks n' Rec is better.

Parks and Rec is definitely better, but taken as a whole work, Office US is also good.

It took me a while to get into it, since Michael is seriously difficult to enjoy a lot of the time, and my wife simply can't do it because she's a HR professional and the things presented as jokes are real things that happen sometimes and she just can't disconnect the two.

The Office is all about character growth. There are lots of good gags peppered throughout, which makes it good for clipping, but the real meat of the show is how people change and progress and come to understand and respect eachother over the course of the entire run.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DYywQeWh7Y

I really hope Ruiz retains the title. Drake, you stay the fuck away from him!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options

This discussion has been closed.