As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Magic The Gathering Arena] Fires of Treachery banned!

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    everyone be quiet or we'll get a jace-focused set again

liEt3nH.png
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular

At this point I'd rather have that.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Disruptive student is still the most Teferi teferi card

fuck gendered marketing
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular

Again?

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Drascin wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    So core set 2020 was the Chandra show, right?

Apparently core set 2021 is going to be oops all Teferis

:rotate:

...is this a joke?

Please tell me this is a joke.

Maro said it on his blog so... maybe?

Well, there will at least be one more teferi

2feri 2 furious?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited September 2019

Cowboy 🤠 Jace
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    I remember when Teferi seemed like a fun, cool planeswalker.

And then I interacted with his cards.

Hey Teferi was an obnoxious piece of shit long before his spark (re)awakened.

EDIT: Oh, right this is the Arena thread; some of you didn't experience this asshole:

Image.ashx?multiverseid=121271&type=card

Flash Teferi is extremely good in my Rashmi deck. I get to play on your turn, and you don't!

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    If elkhorde invasion isn't a playable deck I am going to be very sad.

Also speaking of dreadhorde invasion it seems p good with ayara?

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

EDIT: Oh, right this is the Arena thread; some of you didn't experience this asshole:

Uh. How does that work? You could flash in creatures from the graveyard? Exile? Outside of the game?

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

Uh. How does that work? You could flash in creatures from the graveyard? Exile? Outside of the game?

If you could otherwise cast them, yes. Flash simply modified WHEN you can cast a spell, not IF you could cast it.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

Not in play means just not on the battlefield. This ability gives flash all your other creatures which mostly only going to be relevant for creatures in your hand through there are a few that can be cast from the graveyard.

Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Yeah if he just gave creatures you control Flash then... it wouldn't do anything, since they wouldn't gain Flash until after you cast them.

They could sit around acting fast tho

KalTorak on
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Huh, I just realized that technically, that Teferi doesn't let you cast stolen creatures as if they had flash.

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Huh, I just realized that technically, that Teferi doesn't let you cast stolen creatures as if they had flash.

In game terms it’s very rare to have cards you don’t own that aren’t on the battlefield. Stuff like Thief of Sanity or Nightveil Specter are the only cases I can think of, where you exile your opponents’ stuff and can then play them.

• DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    http://www.mythicspoiler.com/ted/cards/sevendwarves.html
    Rats are dwarves now... Except there's seven of them.

DanHibiki on
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Why bother specifying "not in play" on that Teferi?

I think because it was a new keyword at the time and they didn't KNOW if they were going to print any kind of.."flash matters" cards, which I'm pretty sure they never did, but better safe than sorry.

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • BoomerAang SquadBoomerAang Squad Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Phoenix-D wrote: »

Unless otherwise specified, only permanents on the battlefield can gain/lose abilities.

And there is one card that cares about cards with flash (in the same set).

Image.ashx?multiverseid=111058&type=card

BoomerAang Squad on
    Yea I shoulda been clearer, I was thinking like a card that...cared about you HAVING a lot of flash cards, like an X effect or a lord for creatures with flash.

Fuck Joe Manchin
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Yeah if he just gave creatures you control Flash then... it wouldn't do anything, since they wouldn't gain Flash until after you cast them.

They could sit around acting fast tho

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    it's one of those things where the intuitive wording is not the wording that actually works within the rules of the magic the gathering card game

see for example, panharmonicon having this wording for "yo your enter the battlefield things happen twice"

lija55r0pzpt.png

or, famously, the contortions that have to happen in Animate Dead, which is just "you rez a creature with this attached to it as an aura"

ac5mp7fhpotj.png

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
    Wroth noting that, until somewhat recently, Animate Dead's Oracle text didn't actually fit on a physical card.

Original version vs. most recently-printed version:

Image.ashx?multiverseid=48&type=cardImage.ashx?multiverseid=413620&type=card

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular

That kills suspend cards right?

edited September 2019
    discrider wrote: »

The marquee mechanic of its own set/block, yes.

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »

Not if you play it for its suspend cost when you could play a sorcery

Suspending the spell isn't the problem. Casting it during your upkeep with the suspend trigger still on the stack is a separate question.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    Huh, looks like I didn't know how suspend worked.

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Teferi accidentally killing suspended stuff is canon

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    Rend wrote: »
    Huh, looks like I didn't know how suspend worked.

Whereas Time Spiral block was my first year judging. I became very aware of this interaction.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
  • gBAZgBAZ Registered User regular
    I finally got the game to work after 3 days!.
    I had to download the manual installer (337mb or something like that), run it, and click repair a few times, and then INSTALL overtop a few times.
    What a headache that was.

So.... there is still no brawl format/deck building option?

Anyone know when brawl will finally be add to the game? I'm hoping right when eldraine offically in game.

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Later this year is all they've said, I believe

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    So this set has yet another better mind spring.

This on top of finale of revelation, expansion/explosion and hydroid krasis

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    At the moment I have no interest in playing Magic, but I will say that the look and feel and tone and just about everything about Throne of Eldraine is absolutely lovely and wonderful. The fairytale theme really appeals to me.

I would like to have a bunch of these cards just because.

Too bad the set won't see reprints of Scorned Villager and Lambholt Elder (although Lambholt is a village in Innistrad, so obviously that one couldn't be reprinted).

edited September 2019
    At the moment I have no interest in playing Magic, but I will say that the look and feel and tone and just about everything about Throne of Eldraine is absolutely lovely and wonderful. The fairytale theme really appeals to me.

I would like to have a bunch of these cards just because.

Too bad the set won't see reprints of Scorned Villager and Lambholt Elder (although Lambholt is a village in Innistrad, so obviously that one couldn't be reprinted).

Yeah Scorned Villager is a card that popped into my head as well when these previews started.

Maybe there will be a red equipment called Riding Hood.

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I do not really like the meta currently. Most games are either Esper control, Golos Field, or Kethiss in Diamond right now. I want to get to Mythic, but I'm just not excited about it.

• KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    I do not really like the meta currently. Most games are either Esper control, Golos Field, or Kethiss in Diamond right now. I want to get to Mythic, but I'm just not excited about it.

And 2/3 of those decks will still be around after rotation, doesn't that make you excited to play more?

(<--- May or not be salty after losing to field of the dead too many times)

Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I'd bet Golos will probably be a premier Brawl commander too.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

I don't always go 7-0 in draft, but when I do, it always seems to be with a Guilds RW deck. Weird draft too. I was initially blue, and then it looked like the bots were targeting blue, so I shifted over to drafting white, and then it looked like the bots were completely ignoring red, so by the time I was to the bottom of the second pack I was firmly RW. Gravitic Punch was my MVP, straight up winning me three games.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.