As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Borderlands] Sorry, your Vault is on another planet...

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Dirtyboy on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah you can predownload if you purchased on xbox one now! Its around 40 gigs? Which seems small compared to some of the monster games I've dl'd recently.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    55.8 gigs on EGS. Borderlands games tend to be relatively small installs.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    It turns out the cover of the game comes from a much larger picture featuring the characters in various poses. Since it could be spoiler-y, you may want to be careful when it comes to checking it out.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Owenashi wrote: »
    It turns out the cover of the game comes from a much larger picture featuring the characters in various poses. Since it could be spoiler-y, you may want to be careful when it comes to checking it out.
    I dig it. As a fan or Renaissance and Flemish art, the concept of an Apotheosis type of layout with denizens of the Borderlands universe is square in my wheel house. I want a poster of that shit on my wall.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    Bahroo's playthrough starting now.

Streamer features are pretty neat, chat can pick buffs/drops on badass mobs, vote on loot for streamer, win loot chest loot. Already won a couple items in Bahroo's stream.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Streamer features are pretty neat, chat can pick buffs/drops on badass mobs, vote on loot for streamer, win loot chest loot. Already won a couple items in Bahroo's stream.

The streamer features are neat weirdly only Bahroo's stream it was giving me tons of dropped frames till i turned it off not on Broman or Gothalions tho.

Although I find it super intrusive.

But watching it man this game is not for me at all. Seeing Bahroo, Gothalion and a couple other call out the critical reaction to the Buttplug gun seemed way to coincidental to me, but I'm cynical like that.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Buttplug... gun?

sig.gif
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    You'll have to clarify whether its actually a buttplug gun or just looks like one.

This is Borderlands so it could be either one.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Sorce wrote: »
    Buttplug... gun?

Its a named weapon you get off a miniboss that does extra melee dmg from behind, its just a white pistol with a large blade on the end.

bloodyroarxx on
  • cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    Twitch extension is really a godsend for a number of reasons, not the least of which is you can see the streamers build and gear any time you want. I only started watching 4 minutes ago and already had the chat pick Level-up, Heal, Heal on a badass so the streamer had to run back to his moon buggy to kill it.

No free loot yet. Also, I have discovered that watching a streamer with 17000 viewers makes chat impossible...

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • IndoorsmanIndoorsman Registered User regular
    I'm going with Moze because it's something we've yet to see in BL.

I know the new characters have their own quirks and wrinkles, but previously we've had melee characters, characters with crowd control and elemental bonuses, pet classes, and Vault Hunters with drones, clones and shields.

We've never had a character with a mech. I have to try it.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Indoorsman wrote: »
    I'm going with Moze because it's something we've yet to see in BL.

I know the new characters have their own quirks and wrinkles, but previously we've had melee characters, characters with crowd control and elemental bonuses, pet classes, and Vault Hunters with drones, clones and shields.

We've never had a character with a mech. I have to try it.

Moze is technically a Brick. You can even go full melee with the Iron bear if you want

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Anyone else getting weird results when verifying the pre-load? It seems to stall out or totally freeze up the launcher.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    imagine not choosing to play mara

obF2Wuw.png
    Moze is technically a Brick. You can even go full melee with the Iron bear if you want

I'm sure I'll try all the weapons and trees with respecs, but atm I'm liking the Demolition Woman tree. Grenades, rockets - just blow everything up.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    dont mind me just contemplating the importance of doing weighted hanging leg raises

2Be7PlFl.jpg

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    Damn. They should have called one of Amara's defensive passives Abs of Steel.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I asked IGN about it directly in the comments and their editor Dan Stapleton actually answered me directly. You guys might find this interesting.

Me: "Yo Dan, it sounds like they stuck other outlets with in-progress code. Did you get the completely finished version? If so, how? Did they tell you anything about what they were doing and why?"
    Dan: "The story you read is wildly sensationalized. Virtually every game we review is "unfinished" because we're doing the review before it comes out. When games come out there's almost always a final patch, at which point you'd call it "finished" (even though there are invariably *more* patches after launch, so when is a game really "finished?"). As far as *how* "unfinished" it is, if you're playing a week or so before launch there's really only so much they could possibly change in that time. So it's pretty much as finished as it's going to be when it comes out, outside of a couple of very minor tweaks - that's why they send it out for review at that point. No one can force them do that before they feel they're ready. This is a very standard practice, and in no way "bizarre" or scandalous as has been implied."

Also another relevant comment thread.
    Commenter: "Did you run into any problems with the loopholes they made you go through accessing this game on the Epic store? Seems other reviews were running into lost progress and severe game crashes."
    Dan: "No. James said he experienced a total of one crash in more than 30 hours, which if anything is a testament to its stability. All things considered, the process of accessing the review copy was an extremely minor inconvenience. It's as simple as logging into a different account."
    Could I get a link to this?

Amara is dual wielding guns even without guns.

Lookin real jacked, sister.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Amara is dual wielding guns even without guns.

Lookin real jacked, sister.

She has a very Ivan Drago "I must break you" face going on there. And I'd be totally down for that.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    What the hell is a Shift code? And I can totally wait until Thursday at 7PM.
    Buttplug... gun?

Its a named weapon you get off a miniboss that does extra melee dmg from behind, its just a white pistol with a large blade on the end.

Maybe I'm just immature but I laughed at this.

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    Buttplug... gun?

Maybe I'm just immature but I laughed at this.

It is a code you can enter on the borderlands vip site (I think for BL2 there was a shift specific site too) and get stuff.

Also, the loot from the twitch extension is A) random, you don't always win which kind of sucks when you win on the chest with all green items and then lose on the chest with a legendary. I know loot will rain down like crazy in the game, but that's a specific feelbad when you can see what dropped but you can't have it. B) requiring me to be fullscreen in twitch in order to see the app? that's weird.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
    Alright, lets pray I can figure out a way to use my switch pad pro with EGS tomorrow.

Been using it for all my PC games lately and I can't go back.

Every time I see this guy's name, the only thing I can think of is Chili Con Carnage.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

cncaudata covered it but I was coming to post this here anyways:

https://github.com/rockdevourer/borderlands/tree/master/borderlands3

That's a script that you can follow the directions and with nothing more than Chrome automatically enter all the currently available Shift codes for the VIP program thing. Which was handy for me.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    You'll have to clarify whether its actually a buttplug gun or just looks like one.

This is Borderlands so it could be either one.

It looks like a normal pistol with a big bayonette on it. It does extra crit damage if you stab somebody in the ass with it.

• ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Something I haven't seen touched on yet. . .I really hope the OST is as good as BL2 was: BNK3R, Lynchwood, Control Core Angel - the soundtrack really made grinding on some of these missions way easier.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
    edited September 2019
    Something I haven't seen touched on yet. . .I really hope the OST is as good as BL2 was: BNK3R, Lynchwood, Control Core Angel - the soundtrack really made grinding on some of these missions way easier.
    The tune that plays when you're making your way to The Vault while fighting a billion hyperion soldiers and loaders while getting back up from Brick and Mordecai?

That one always stuck with me. BL2's soundtrack was real good at setting the tone when shit got serious.

Dr. Chaos on

cncaudata covered it but I was coming to post this here anyways:

https://github.com/rockdevourer/borderlands/tree/master/borderlands3

That's a script that you can follow the directions and with nothing more than Chrome automatically enter all the currently available Shift codes for the VIP program thing. Which was handy for me.

Thank you for that. Got me over the hump to get my 7th and 8th claim for the BL3 Legendary.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
    Before we move on to BL3, lets take this time to appreciate BL2's Japanese Salvador and Claptrap:

"BOOM BOOM DESU!!"

https://youtu.be/BuflWz8e9_w

• EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Just watched Broman take on a fully buffed out chat viewer badass. It was kind of fun to watch for awhile, but seems like it would be rather annoying to play against. Not difficult... just annoying. I'm not sure if they can add features or something. Just constantly leveling up and healing it creates a slog. Maybe allow the viewers to vote on giving it new abilities? I dunno.

EriktheVikingGamer on
    Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
    Watching Bahroo against badasses and he kept yelling "chat, STOP healing it!" At least streamers can put up to a 30 min timer on the event.

edited September 2019
    Watching Bahroo against badasses and he kept yelling "chat, STOP healing it!" At least streamers can put up to a 30 min timer on the event.
    Damn. Is it that easy to abuse?

Dr. Chaos on
    Chat can basically select to heal (out of four options) faster than you can burn the mob down solo.

• MillMill Registered User regular
    Think they can also level some of them up.

Anyways, is there anything special that has to be done in order to group up with people online with the steam version of the games? I have to remind myself that the only other person I play with is using the same network as me, so not sure if that negates having to go through some hoops or not.

• EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    If you're on the same router you should be able to LAN it up. (If they still left that functionality in?...)

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
    Watching JP stream and chat healed/leveled badass so much it stopped giving "negative" voting options.

This discussion has been closed.