As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Bad News Gone Right]: 40% chance of "where's the gone right?".

• AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    What if Hitler was right about eugenics except we should use it on fucking shitty people like, you know, his family.
    At least 2 in the last couple generations are pretty terrible.
    This is a joke.
    mostly

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
  • AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular

That's just being vindictive dickheads.

I would absolutely do the same thing because I'm a bad person but this lady has real issues and being shitheads to her isn't very nice.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Tough. Shit.

• MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Aridhol wrote: »
    What if Hitler was right about eugenics except we should use it on fucking shitty people like, you know, his family.

The last five definite descendants of the Hitler family, two in Austria and three in the US (which doesn't include the tattooed guy up there) made a pact to have no children and end the bloodline.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    In the dark and distant future of the year 2019,
    Hitler's 'last living relative' convicted of paedophilia after kissing girl, 13

If you can't see tweets on your device you're missing out, because this guy has a look.

Strong chance he stays the last living relative too

• HevachHevach Registered User regular

Gone right: she might actually win this lawsuit.

• NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    Well, from how that reads, it's not being done by the people she's suing but by people who have heard/read about it. Kind of a common thing nowadays with social media to clap back like this. Doesn't make the group doing it any less of a bunch of dicks though.

That article also states that she complained about their lighting, pets, and plants. I think being around others really isn't for her. 🙁

Nitsua wrote: »
    Well, from how that reads, it's not being done by the people she's suing but by people who have heard/read about it

Yes, but she's going to sue anyway. There's not really two ways on that one - literally everything anyone does outside their houses within at least a two lot radius earns a lawsuit from her, a mob intentionally barbecuing to upset her is going to get one hell of a lawsuit.

Of course, this is the new Area 51 raid - six thousand people will sign up but if six actually show up it'll be a new record (even odds nobody actually brings any food or a grill anyway).

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Who is she going to sue? Everyone that showed up? And why would that impact the case she has against her neighbors, who didn't ask for any of this?

IANAL but I'm pretty sure that's not how the law works. =P

edited September 2019
    Who is she going to sue? Everyone that showed up? And why would that impact the case she has against her neighbors, who didn't ask for any of this?

Well, she's already got the lawyers on the organizers, so that's probably a safe bet to start with. Oh, and arranged with the police to deal with anyone who trespasses as part of the event.

Edit: I only noticed after double checking my links that they're the same link apparently.

The organizer noped out a few hours after lawyers got involved, saying they don't condone any kind of harassment or trespassing, like having a barbecue on a person's lawn with the in-writing intention of provoking a response and forcing them to "put pork on their fork," which I *hope* means "eat ribs," because my brain wants to whisper that to my wife after the kids are asleep.

I never said anything about her lawsuit with her neighbors, which has already been thrown out by the highest court willing to listen to her.

Hevach on
    This story is like the buzz on the dev floor at work today

• NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »

Well, she's already got the lawyers on the organizers, so that's probably a safe bet to start with. Oh, and arranged with the police to deal with anyone who trespasses as part of the event.

Edit: I only noticed after double checking my links that they're the same link apparently.

The organizer noped out a few hours after lawyers got involved, saying they don't condone any kind of harassment or trespassing, like having a barbecue on a person's lawn with the in-writing intention of provoking a response and forcing them to "put pork on their fork," which I *hope* means "eat ribs," because my brain wants to whisper that to my wife after the kids are asleep.

I never said anything about her lawsuit with her neighbors, which has already been thrown out by the highest court willing to listen to her.

Yeah, but the Australian article states that even though her appeal was denied and the neighbors have conceded some things to her, she is not ending her legal fight. She really wants to punish someone for what's going on, that's for sure.

• MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Okay, back on the Hitler dude with the head tattoo. Found a tweet about what it is:

You might have mixed feelings about this. "Actually that's a pretty okay lion, though nobody's going to be looking down at the top of the head so it's still pretty weird..." and so on like that. You don't need to have mixed feelings. It's a white supremacist dog whistle. Several groups, including VDARE and one called the Lion Guard use a lion insignia due to a quote from Mussolini, "It is better to live one day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep."

Yep.

Yep.

So...where's the gone right? Well, I guess, if you can't see the tweets, ignorance is bliss?

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Gone far right.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Nitsua wrote: »
    Hevach wrote: »

Yeah, but the Australian article states that even though her appeal was denied and the neighbors have conceded some things to her, she is not ending her legal fight. She really wants to punish someone for what's going on, that's for sure.

I had a neighbour like this. Old cranky women. She kept at this shit till she finally died.

It was all "stop playing ball hockey in your driveway" and "your things are too close to the property line" and on and on and on. We basically never gave an inch on this shit though cause fuck her.

I remember one time, while we were doing a renovation, she called the city like every day about some complaint or other. One of the inspector guys eventually basically begged us to tell him a way to make her stop.

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    That is definitely a picture of Hitler next to a picture of Angela Merkel. Uhhh. Yup that is.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Bad news: Some people don't want to learn about slavery when visiting former slave plantations.

Good news: The places are talking about slavery anyway.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2019/09/08/plantations-are-talking-more-about-slavery-grappling-with-visitors-who-talk-back/
    CHARLOTTESVILLE — A Monticello tour guide was explaining how enslaved people built, planted and tended a terrace of vegetables at Thomas Jefferson’s estate earlier this summer when a woman interrupted to share her annoyance.

“Why are you talking about that?” she demanded, according to Gary Sandling, vice president of Monticello’s visitor programs and services. “You should be talking about the plants."
    “For someone like myself, going to Monticello is like an Elvis fan going to Graceland,” one review from July reads. “Then to have the tour guide essentially make constant reference to what a bad person he really was just ruined it for me.”

The Thomas Jefferson Heritage Society is a staunch opponent of Monticello’s decision to tell visitors Jefferson fathered children with Sally Hemings, after years of fierce disagreement over the strength of the evidence. John Works, a Jefferson descendant and president of the society, believes Monticello has overemphasized slavery at the expense of Jefferson’s accomplishments.

“There’s a limit to the appeal, I think, of the slavery message,” he said.
    In South Carolina, Shawn Halifax, who trains interpreters and leads programming at McLeod, remembers the jolt of learning that white supremacist Dylann Roof visited the plantation not long before killing nine black people in a Charleston church in 2015.

He also remembers the precise words of the white woman who pulled him aside after a tour about a year ago. She told him that he hated the South, painting the cotton plantation “with a brush that was much too large and far too black.”

Halifax thanked her for her comments, he recalled. He said he disagreed but would think them over. And he has.

McLeod focuses on bondage, talking bluntly about “slave labor camps” and shunning the big white house for the fields. That means some people’s beliefs are being challenged, Halifax said. Staff members try to gauge frowns and crossed arms and even embrace them as signs of those who could learn the most, if guides can break through.
    These people are amazingly well trained to not constantly be screaming at those people.

"PLANTATIONS WERE MOSTLY BLACK! WHAT OTHER BRUSH SHOULD I BE USING!?"

Couscous on
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Do these people go to the holocaust memorials and complain about hearing about genocide when all they were interested in was geological soil samples?

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Do these people go to the holocaust memorials and complain about hearing about genocide when all they were interested in was geological soil samples?

Geological soil samples is completely unrelated, that's absurd!

It'd be like going to the Holocaust memorial to learn all about the important medical studies the Nazis did. While insisting we never mention how they got to perform all those horrific studies.
    Dehumanization and murder. It's always that.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular

There's still a large subset of the population that seem to find just bringing up these issues *much more* distasteful than the actual issue itself. Like how Trump supporters can openly practice racism all day long, but God forbid you ever actually call them a racist

I had a former friend who responded to my pointing out that a common acquaintance was/had become a white nationalist by chiding that it was in poor taste for me to even bring it up (it being the hate speech he posted regularly and publically in Facebook)

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Trump's Tweets have had such a measurable effect on the economy that JP Morgan decided to create Volfefe, the Presidential shitpost volatility index.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    The brands keep invading the gaming space trying to be hip for you fellow kids. Now we have KFC bringing us... a ... dating sim.
    KFC — yes, the fast food restaurant — is working on a video game. With developer Psyop, the fried chicken connoisseurs are releasing a dating simulator, I Love You Colonel Sanders! A Finger Lickin’ Good Dating Simulator. The game popped up on Steam this morning as “coming soon,” according to the listing. A KFC representative told Polygon the game will be available for free on Steam on Sept. 24.

5z19n0mtwltl.jpg

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    The brands keep invading the gaming space trying to be hip for you fellow kids. Now we have KFC bringing us... a ... dating sim.
    KFC — yes, the fast food restaurant — is working on a video game. With developer Psyop, the fried chicken connoisseurs are releasing a dating simulator, I Love You Colonel Sanders! A Finger Lickin’ Good Dating Simulator. The game popped up on Steam this morning as “coming soon,” according to the listing. A KFC representative told Polygon the game will be available for free on Steam on Sept. 24.

5z19n0mtwltl.jpg

Why am I disturbed by "finger licking good."

Also why am I terrified of McDonalds getting into this?

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Where's the gone right? Where??

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

Tie in products like an Original Recipe cologne?

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular

It gives me an excuse to post this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhola4i_L0Q

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular

They didn't turn the Colonel into a high school girl.

steam_sig.png
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular

Artists and programmers got paid.

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Apparently, the KFC dating sim will also have a rejected JoJo character as well:

ss_5f56f3553e910786e010e27b5c575e1bdee24cc5.600x338.jpg

This will be amazing for all the wrong reasons.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    There is a trailer, and it is everything you think it would be, and more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4KLOBThpL4

• daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Whelp, now I have the phrase 'saltwater sauce' burned into my memory. No, that doesn't qualify as a 'gone right'.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
    TNTrooper wrote: »

They didn't turn the Colonel into a high school girl.

...yet

We did recently get Col. Rudy so it doesn’t seem far off

There is a trailer, and it is everything you think it would be, and more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4KLOBThpL4

Ok, then, that's... That's a thing that exists now. 8:49 AM and already enough internet for today.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    I don't think I've ever played a dating sim before, so I'm looking forward to some hilarity.

Fry wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever played a dating sim before, so I'm looking forward to some hilarity.

There is a character that is a dog.

Whose name is Professor Dog.

• mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    I bet the phrase "finger lickin' good" will factor in pretty heavily

and now I've made myself slightly ill

$5 fill up

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    The jokes basically write themselves!

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Just imagine other fast food chains jumping on that train.

The difference is taste
    Have it your way
    Bigger Better...
    Every time a good time

This discussion has been closed.