As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

enjoy mustard ice cream in the [bad food] thread

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I don't think laws that force corporations to employ more people than they normally would are that bad, really

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I don't think laws that force corporations to employ more people than they normally would are that bad, really

Well, much like most of the focus on "job creation" the current American economy is obsessed about, that depends on the nature of the employment.

Edit: which is to say I would rather laws that required a decent wage and benefits than laws that made it easier for folks to find their 2nd and 3rd jobs.

#pipe on
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

Well, much like most of the focus on "job creation" the current American economy is obsessed about, that depends on the nature of the employment.

Edit: which is to say I would rather laws that required a decent wage and benefits than laws that made it easier for folks to find their 2nd and 3rd jobs.

And also it's getting less and less tenable to make millions of people work jobs that they hate and that nobody wants them to do instead of finally figuring out how a basic universal income should work.

Not that I think it's at all likely that UBI is actually likely to happen in the US in my lifetime, mind you. Just that it's a good idea that would solve a whole lot of problems if we could stop being the species we are for like five minutes.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    i'm trying to think about what i woudl grab if I went to a Wawa on a visit to my parents.

Definitely some form of Tastykake, probably a chocolate cupckae (no creme filling) or a cherry pie. but maybe a butterscotch krimpett. or Koffee Kake. or.. Ok yeah, definitely something Tastykake made.
    probably a soft pretzel, especially if it's like a true philly style soft pretzel, but i'll accept the cheese filled kind.
    Maybe an Arizona Iced Tea? Although those XXX Vitamin Waters were pretty good. But I'd probably just grab a coffee, tbh.

And if I was going for a meal, then maybe a meatball sub. But probably not. And if Cool Ranch Doritos are there then those. lots of those.

• UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    what we should really do is get rid of capitalism

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I mean, sure.

but I still miss Tastykakes.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    You need some of these!

jxnq0n6hzxox.png

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    oh if i am home and hitting up the wawa, you best believe i am leaving with some butterscotch krimpets, some iced tea, and either a cream cheese stuffed soft pretzel or one of the breakfast sandwiches

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Hmm

Until my Spain trip this summer the only reason I'd been in a gas station in... years... was to buy ice because it was closer than the grocery store

But I guess choosing "ice" is cheating

So this would be my convenience store run, which I don't do here but am known to do when I'm traveling elsewhere in Asia:

oeTUXfwl.jpg

VoCJJpHl.jpg

4nhQ6YJl.png

yhfyUikl.jpg

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    If we’re including Asian convenience stores,, then Korean Beef Scallion Nigiri, tuna and egg sandwich, and PocariSweat Ion Water.

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    If I lived in Japan (and I'm half Japanese) I would be sumo-sized from eating all the egg salad sammiches. All of them.

You need some of these!

jxnq0n6hzxox.png

Mom just sent me a box full of the Honey mustard ones.

I did not know this was an option.

GIMME

The funny thing is that they list it as a "Limited Edition" flavor and yet they've always been on shelves for the last roughly 20 years.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Texas Monthly (who employs Daniel Vaughn as BBQ reviewer) just hired a "Taco Editor" who has basically same job to travel around and review tacos. Life isn't fair.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-stand-up-desk/texas-monthly-appoints-first-taco-editor-jose-r-ralat

• ApocalyptusApocalyptus Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    The idea, as someone who used to be a pump monkey (mostly graveyards, even), was that it creates jobs.

Yeah 90 years ago when cars were randomly assembled monstrosities and gas stations were all mechanic shops.
    There's not much reason in then modern day.

Though the people complaining when that law change went through were hilarious
    One person who I know was complaining about it because it would make it a lot more difficult for them, a person with a mobility impairment, to independently drive around without a ‘helper’ to pump fuel for them.
    They were also complaining about how simplistically and negatively a lot of people were talking about the law as it previously was, completely ignoring how a lot of disabled people find it really helpful.

Apocalyptus on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    If we’re including Asian convenience stores,, then Korean Beef Scallion Nigiri, tuna and egg sandwich, and PocariSweat Ion Water.

If in Japan, I'm getting a tuna mayo onigiri, a choco snack, like kinoko yama or maybe choco babies or crunky, and depending on the time of day either a mitsuya cider or a STRONG ZERO

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    For something with ‘sweat’ in the name, Pocari Sweat is extremely good

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    fuckin gimme that

right

now

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    How can one obtain Pocari Sweat stateside? I see this powder I can get easily, is that the route for us?

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    The idea, as someone who used to be a pump monkey (mostly graveyards, even), was that it creates jobs.

Yeah 90 years ago when cars were randomly assembled monstrosities and gas stations were all mechanic shops.

One person who I know was complaining about it because it would make it a lot more difficult for them, a person with a mobility impairment, to independently drive around without a ‘helper’ to pump fuel for them.
    They were also complaining about how simplistically and negatively a lot of people were talking about the law as it previously was, completely ignoring how a lot of disabled people find it really helpful.

Did the law merely require a gas-pump attendant at every gas station, or did it literally forbid people from operating the gas pump themselves?

Children's rights are human rights.
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    How can one obtain Pocari Sweat stateside? I see this powder I can get easily, is that the route for us?

I dunno where you’re at, but I’ve managed to find it in Japanese supermarkets.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    is pocari sweat not just bottled water? is it a sports drink formula or something?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »

Did the law merely require a gas-pump attendant at every gas station, or did it literally forbid people from operating the gas pump themselves?

Yes, in Oregon, withe the exceptions previously noted, it is against the law to pump your own gas (I did it once at a busy truck stop near the Idaho border - sshhhh!)

It’s kinda... lightly grapefruit flavored?

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Two of these and an OJ.
    6p8jr0qefjw6.jpg

Otherwise Pizza Combos.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Man when I lived in Seattle I used to walk to the QFC for lunch during high school and get some pizza stix like 3 times a week. Do they still carry those? I could chomp a fucking pizza stick so hard right now.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Pocari Sweat is very good, but 100Plus is the superior SE Asian isotonic drink

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I wish there was a convenience store near me that serves Iltaco pizza puffs. There was a gas station in my hometown that for a short time also had a Taco Bell Express in it and they used the fryer to also fry up pizza puffs, it's a super nostalgic food for me. That gas station eventually remodeled and removed their hot food bar entirely. They simply aren't available in SoCal, it seems.

more-pizza-puffs.jpg

jgeis on
    Nothing matches up to CC Lemon

it's got 100 lemons in it!

• ApocalyptusApocalyptus Registered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »

I don't know, but either way I'm going to take the word of the person who has personal experience of disability and living in Oregon that the law as it was, was most helpful, and the current change makes things harder for disabled people to drive independently.
    There are a lot of factors to these things that non disabled people never have to think about and do not even think of as a possibility, such as gatekeeping by attendants if someone 'doesn't look disabled'.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    If I'm not going to Wawa, I'll usually grab either a soda (Code Red, Coke, or Sprite, that order) or bottle of chocolate milk, and a bag of swedish fish or store-brand gummi bears.

If I am going to Wawa, it's for some manner of hoagie, so I'll get that, a bag of chips and whichever two sodas are "on sale" for $3.

sig.gif
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

Only 100 lemons?

Get that weak shit out of here!

11150167_10155423339945554_3269895054492781834_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQlD6oBcvaqyqiTP7ybtX0iTe7gVCA5A0cE75Eaoxu3ds_GkRrYncVEus82hGWxzIYc&_nc_ht=scontent.fper5-1.fna&oh=2cadfc6f1f353e637b5e83c9d6de7739&oe=5E05E697

one THOUSAND lemons!

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    KitKat, a Sprite, and some Fritos.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    darunia106 wrote: »
    KitKat, a Sprite, and some Fritos.

I cannot do pop amd chocolate. Hershey park made that clear.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    40o49dpb17iq.png

God, I miss Allsup's.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    'World Famous'?

edited September 2019
    I mean, now you've heard of them, and you're all the way across the ocean! Pretty good for a regional deep-fried gas station burrito.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    'World Famous'?

Same as the "World Series" of baseball.

Moriveth wrote: »

Only 100 lemons?

Get that weak shit out of here!

11150167_10155423339945554_3269895054492781834_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQlD6oBcvaqyqiTP7ybtX0iTe7gVCA5A0cE75Eaoxu3ds_GkRrYncVEus82hGWxzIYc&_nc_ht=scontent.fper5-1.fna&oh=2cadfc6f1f353e637b5e83c9d6de7739&oe=5E05E697

one THOUSAND lemons!

You fool! That’s too many lemons!

This discussion has been closed.