As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What is your favorite sword?

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    oh wow I thought light sabres would be more popular here

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Narsil, all done broke
    Veldrin wrote: »

Never underestimate the forum's hidden weeb reserves

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    other
    I like a good 1796 British heavy cavalry sword.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    other
    I know way too many swords from myth and legend to need to delve into the realm of weeblades

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    other
    I'm partial to Ulfberht swords because I love that we still don't know who or what Ulfberht was but their name is on like all the good swords for a hundred years.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    other

Personally I've never been able to forgive them for not actually being sabers

Madican wrote: »
    I know way too many swords from myth and legend to need to delve into the realm of weeblades

Yeah, from what I understand urine was not an uncommon quenchant, so I'd imagine there'd be a whole lot of them

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    ALL-BLACK THE NECROSWORD, THE ANNIHILABLADE, THE SLICER OF W
    Made from the combination of an ancient fossil shell:hardened by the landing of a giant planet eater, guarded deep below the earth by dinosaurs, held for hundreds of years by a royal family; as well as the energies of a strong, magical stone, that absorbed the power of the sun for millions of years, I give you the Rainbow sword from Chrono Trigger:
    latest?cb=20100603155238

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Man, Stormbringer is pretty dope

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    As a fan of history I understand the world before modern sanitation was roughly 65% piss

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    other
    As a fan of history I understand the world before modern sanitation was roughly 65% piss

Now it's 85% piss, it's just more diffuse

Do you think anyone ever made a cool sword with little poison ducts in it but they just sometimes filled it with urine instead so the other person would get wee on their face when they blocked an attack

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Do you think anyone ever made a cool sword with little poison ducts in it but they just sometimes filled it with urine instead so the other person would get wee on their face when they blocked an attack

Half of my sword is coated in the deadliest poison known to man, the other half... my own micturation

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    They don’t tell many tales of Conan’s traveling companion Ur-Ine, master of the piss-quenched blade

VRXwDW7.png
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    other

p sure it was standard practice in medieval battles to coat your blade in shit and muck to infect any wounds you caused

other
    Grog wrote: »

p sure it was standard practice in medieval battles to coat your blade in shit and muck to infect any wounds you caused

A tradition carried on by inmates to this day

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    What's the sword from Malazan that steals your soul and chains it to a gigantic wagon that you then have to pull through darkness for all eternity? I like that one.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I am duty bound to vote for this

CYpGAPn.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I like Durandal, because of video games.
    Durandan, Durandal, Durandana.

Charlemagne used to always call me
    Durandana, the fruitcake. All the many
    implements of war to him were in some way
    feminine. Not that you know the story.

Tycho never got it right either, especially
    the part about Roland breaking me. He
    couldn't.

No one can.

DarkPrimus on
    wow way to let down team light-sabre Zack

Look, I think my allegiances to comic book shit over Star Wars shit are very well documented

CYpGAPn.png
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Look, I think my allegiances to comic book shit over Star Wars shit are very well documented

ok but what if

litesabers in comic books

edited September 2019
    other
    Claiomh Solais, the Sword of Light, one of the Four Treasures of the Tuatha de Danann in what would become Ireland, possession of the war god Nuada.

Once drawn no battle could be made against its wielder nor could anyone escape their blows

Madican on
    Blankzilla wrote: »

ok but what if

litesabers in comic books
    ....are you trying to buy my vote?

Because it is working

CYpGAPn.png
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    The coolest sword is when you attach a bunch of crayola markers together and then go SHWOOONG SWHIIIING and whack your friends marker sword and then they explode KROOOSH

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    other
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Made from the combination of an ancient fossil shell:hardened by the landing of a giant planet eater, guarded deep below the earth by dinosaurs, held for hundreds of years by a royal family; as well as the energies of a strong, magical stone, that absorbed the power of the sun for millions of years, I give you the Rainbow sword from Chrono Trigger:
    latest?cb=20100603155238

I don't know... Rainbow sword sounds pretty gay.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    other

There are some designs of light sabers in the Napoleonic war that were outlawed due to the cut it left being considered extremely cruel to people who lived since they were very hard to stitch closed and heal.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

For the record All-Black was forged out of primordial darkness in the severed head of a celestial god using the heat of a newborn sun as its furnace

Also it led to Venom

Its a pretty good sword

CYpGAPn.png
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    other
    What's the sword from Malazan that steals your soul and chains it to a gigantic wagon that you then have to pull through darkness for all eternity? I like that one.

Dragnipur!

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    B4nx0TlCAAAngW4.jpg

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    other
    There is something to be said for the sexy curves of your classic xiphos.

• SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular

Dragnipur

Weighs a bunch, though

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Nightblood from Warbreaker was kind of a cool sword

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I voted for ALL-BLACK THE NECROSWORD, THE ANNIHILABLADE, THE SLICER OF WORLDS, THE GODSLAYER because it was best of the available options

but y'all motherfuckers are fucked if the Jabberwock comes around

When I was in highschool a bunch of us made cool swords in our woodwork class and then larped with them at lunch time and got detention

other
    When I was in highschool a bunch of us made cool swords in our woodwork class and then larped with them at lunch time and got detention

Hmmm... Cool you say?

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    other

i'm more into heavy sabres

https://youtu.be/gCcncTff_hc

uc3ufTB.png
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    also pretty much every sword in the jabberwocky.

vorpal if I had to pick one.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu

Hmmm... Cool you say?

cool as hell

I made two scimitars because my D&D character was a terrible Drizzt knockoff

other

Hmmm... Cool you say?

cool as hell

I made two scimitars because my D&D character was a terrible Drizzt knockoff

Of course