As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yakuza: Like a Thread

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I have defeated Club Mars. Uh... barely. Probably gonna have to grind out a few of these before taking out the other clubs, huh?

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I have defeated Club Mars. Uh... barely. Probably gonna have to grind out a few of these before taking out the other clubs, huh?

Oh yes. You wanna get a good head start on most of those club battles

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, I'll do some grinding for sure. I'm not quite sure how the HP recovery stuff/mood stuff works, though. Is it just a time thing, or do they only recover when I'm not actively using them and managing the club?

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    You want to cycle some people to a day off when their mood is low.
    You can get a lot of additional hostesses exploring around town, doing side quests, and also from the shrine clown points thing.

• Options
    Yeah I’ve got 3 or 4 from dumping CP into the shrine

Which... I wish there was a better name for it than CP.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    You want to cycle some people to a day off when their mood is low.
    You can get a lot of additional hostesses exploring around town, doing side quests, and also from the shrine clown points thing.

"How's the job hunt going?"
    "Great! I left my resume with a clown who lives in a shrine and gives people plates for sampling the entire menu at Smile Burger!"

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    There are characters from some of the substories that show up as (really good) hostesses.

So do as many of Majima's substories as possible.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Yeah I’ve got 3 or 4 from dumping CP into the shrine

Which... I wish there was a better name for it than CP.

I searched for something like "Yakuza 0 CP guide" a few weeks ago.
    At the top of google there was a "If you see Child Abuse you have to tell the cops" warning.
    I think I'm on an (additional) list now.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    There are characters from some of the substories that show up as (really good) hostesses.

So do as many of Majima's substories as possible.

I'm doing as many of every substory as I can, because they're nearly all pretty great!

Also I can't wait to start making boatloads of dough. Goddamn Mr. Shakedown.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    https://gematsu.com/2019/09/yakuza-like-a-dragon-has-summons-kart-racing-pachislot-and-more

Some new details from Famitsu, including the ability to call in summons with your phone by paying people, playable Pachislot parlors with multiple games, a kart racer, and civilians will turn into enemies when you start fights.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I'm not gonna lie, I've really wanted Pachislot in a Yakuza game

I know there's a lot of valid reasons to like, not depict something that's causing a lot of addiction problems in the country, but the aesthetic

I just want you to drown in cigarette smoke the second you step in

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    A large number of characters can be summoned, including Gary Buster Holmes, Gonda Wara, a crayfish, and more.

Yes.

Yes give me this game now.

• Options
    I'm not gonna lie, I've really wanted Pachislot in a Yakuza game

I know there's a lot of valid reasons to like, not depict something that's causing a lot of addiction problems in the country, but the aesthetic

I just want you to drown in cigarette smoke the second you step in

4 has a Pachinko Parlour with a couple of playable games, one of them was Virtua Fighter themed, I think.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I have not played beyond Yakuza 3, so something between 4-6 may make this impossible but...

...kart racing? Where's my boy Pocket Car Fighter!? Maybe on of his relatives has become Kart Fighter!

Give me a Kart I can trick out with new parts.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    I have not played beyond Yakuza 3, so something between 4-6 may make this impossible but...

...kart racing? Where's my boy Pocket Car Fighter!? Maybe on of his relatives has become Kart Fighter!

Play 6

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    mxmarks wrote: »

Play 6

I have it because I could not pass up those sweet tumbler glasses. Just gotta get through 4 and 5, and waiting on PS4 versions.

It's wild that the first Yakuza I'll (hopefully) play at launch is 7.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    I haven’t even touched the pocket car stuff in 0 yet

Actually have I even unlocked it? That game takes so long before everything’s available!

• Options
    I haven’t even touched the pocket car stuff in 0 yet

Actually have I even unlocked it? That game takes so long before everything’s available!

Yeah, if you're up to cabaret, you've unlocked it. It's over by Children's Park.

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    I'm guessing I missed it, or maybe unlocked it before I fell off months ago and totally forgot I had. I'll check it out when I play the game next, I suppose!

• Options
    I'm guessing I missed it, or maybe unlocked it before I fell off months ago and totally forgot I had. I'll check it out when I play the game next, I suppose!

It opens up right around the time you talk to Tachibana

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    New TGS trailers, one with English subs and one without
    Story trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x6FUgFl-KQ

Gameplay
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rabEooWDC4

• Options
    Man

That looks nuuuuts

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Yep. My hype levels for this are off the charts.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    The fug did that guy just summoned a flock of pidgeons to attack his enemies

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I love that Yakuza is deciding that, 15 years on, it's time to get weirder.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I'm still dicey on the combat... the mini games look wonderful, though.

The combat does seem more strategic than I thought, but I'm still not too sure about it. It seems so... leisurely.

OR2Wy5J.png

She looks amazing.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    And if we’re lucky, maybe they won’t kill her off immediately

I swear, named female characters in Yakuza games have a really high fatality rate

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm down for the new weird system, but my fear is that it'll turn the common occurence battle around town into a crazy slog. Like in Y3 and older when they had a scene transition and everything and you couldnt just sprint on past them when you were busy with something else.

• Options
    How is that handled in the remaster of 3, anyway? Does it load faster at least?

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I’ve been playing Kiwami 2 and I think my biggest complaint, aside from the fact I took too long between 1 and this and this game referenced side characters in 1 a lot, is that Kiryu can no longer wield motorcycles as weapons. I guess pushing 40 will do that.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Okay I thought that it was the director of Yakuza 7 that was a big Dragon Quest fan (and he probably is!) but apparently it's the main character too?
    Dragon Quest exists in the world of Yakuza: Like a Dragon, and other terms like Puff-Puff will also appear in the game. The reason why character appearances change, and why allies appear to suddenly pull out weapons, is because the RPG battles are a figment of Kasuga’s imagination. From a third person’s view, they are fighting normally. The varying appearances of the enemies is a visual representation of the enemies’ strength, a modern day version of how Dragon Quest visually sorts its monsters.

During Kasuga’s childhood, the only happy moments in his life was the time he spent playing Dragon Quest. He sees himself as the Hero and wants to set off on an adventure. Kasuga’s ideals of fighting fairly are also influenced by Dragon Quest.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    oh my god

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    THAT FUCKIN RULES

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Yeah I think that along with the video from the other day pretty much catapaulted Y7 to be a day-one buy for me

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    main character and his dumb hair have now been completely sold to me

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    His hair is good, actually

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
  • Options
    I don't think I've ever been more excited for a video game than I am for Yakuza 7.

• Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    A large number of characters can be summoned, including Gary Buster Holmes, Gonda Wara, a crayfish, and more.

Yes.

Yes give me this game now.

This discussion has been closed.