As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Games - Blasphemous, Greedfall, Unrailed EA & PesterQuest out today!

19495969798100»

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    How many stores even are there, I guess it does seem like they’re everywhere, maybe it’s not a huge percentage as I think it is

cursedking on
    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    How many stores even are there, I guess it does seem like they’re everywhere, maybe it’s not a huge percentage as I think it is

5830 outlets as of 2019

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    When I was growing up our local mall had both a Gamestop and a EB Games

After they bought out EB Games, our mall had two Gamestops up until, and most likely beyond when, I stopped going to that mall

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    If we cant have Toys R Us we sure as fuck dont need Gamestop

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I haven't set foot in a game store since... I don't know, I never visited one in Canada so at least five years?

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Star Citizen...does this exist? Can you play it? What is going on here?

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    I had some time to kill waiting for my wife and went into a GameStop recently. It was...grim.

• Options
    Star Citizen...does this exist? Can you play it? What is going on here?

you can buy access for an alpha for $45.00 USD
    nMhHUcj.jpg

another $20 gets you access to the single-player campaign, Squadron 42, in... 2020? 2021?
    TaccVwE.jpg

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »

Toys R Us was intentionally killed by venture capitalists. It only "failed" because they forced it to.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Gamestop refused to sell me a copy of Doom 3 without pre-ordering some other game back in 2004 and as far as I'm concerned everything that's happened to them since then is retribution for that.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Couscous wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvKS70FDZV8
    This could be mine for only $800? I would be crazy not to buy it!

Chris Roberts believed in the Star Citizen, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. So we beat on, starships against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

Veagle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Toys R Us was intentionally killed by venture capitalists. It only "failed" because they forced it to.
    I thought it was private equity firms

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I feel bad for the people losing their jobs, I hate to see that happen ever.

But man, Gamestop the corporate entity has just never generated any goodwill. Shopping there should have felt good, but they always had some bullshit to try and get more money out of you. It should be sadder that a major games retailer is slowly dying but I just don't care at all.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    While Richard Garriot's kinda settled down from back when he was basically using games as a slush fund for rocket trips (rip tabula rasa), between him and Roberts you can maybe see why Origin got shitcanned.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Wow, Blasphemous is

Extremely Spanish

This is definitely the product of people what grew up in an extremely Catholic nation that also has a cultural emphasis on death and mortification

I don't know if ya'll ever got a chance to visit Spain during Easter, but

https://youtu.be/N-EzhFOI5XU
    https://youtu.be/Fip4QKN58vc

yeah, they out there like this

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Gamestop refused to sell me a copy of Doom 3 without pre-ordering some other game back in 2004 and as far as I'm concerned everything that's happened to them since then is retribution for that.
    The last time I bought a Gamestop the clerk tried to upsell me a game guide and then did an audible *scoff* when I said no. Implying that I was of lesser intelligence to want to enjoy games on my own.

Fuck Them.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I worked at gamestop, it sucked

at one point there were six different things I was expected to harass every single customer about after they bought something

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I will purchase gamestop for $1 million

Or $1.2 in store credit

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

I thought it was private equity firms

Yeah sorry wrong term it's like I meant a vulture but said a buzzard you know what I mean they both suck.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I am basically over the fuckin moon with Blasphemous I hope it does very well

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Like, I don't even know if I like Blasphemous as a game

It's just... so much, from a thematic standpoint; I don't know what to make of it. And I suspect, as a non Christian who grew up and lives in a country where the dominant religion and culture are not Christian, I may be unable to build a cohesive critical opinion about the game because I lack the necessary cultural touchstones

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Oh well I'm just a fuckin tourist, I grew up goin to church five days a week in a very indifferent Anglican atmosphere, I just have a fascination with the brand Catholicism that Blasphemous evokes

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Y’all remember that person who went around a bunch of forums warning of the dangers of popery? That was fun!

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    alright new thread time

geth close the thread

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Tube. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.