As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What is your favorite sword?

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Narsil, all done broke
    DON'T PLAY WITH SWORDS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuI1zY46OX0

THEY'LL FUCKIN CUT YA WIDE OPEN

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    More of a Time Knife kinda guy

fz40meielal9.png

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    other
    I like longswords like they got in those historical martial art reenactment videos

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I like swords better than spears or polearms or axes or what have you

But that being said, I'd love to see those things represented more in media

Where's the Errol Flynn of spear fights

His name's Donnie Yen
    https://youtu.be/AeeoEpmyb2Y

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I like longswords like they got in those historical martial art reenactment videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zueF4Mu2uM

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I find Cold Steel products to be over priced and often silly, vastly prefer local manufacturers and traditional designs

• Options
    other
    yeah like that one

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    other
    Baltimore Knife and Sword is my preferred swordsmith, but they're very expensive

I've used a few of their swords and they're very nice but I've yet to take the plunge and buy one

• Options
    Speaking of why dont I plug gknives.com , made here in Nova Scotia and theyre just beautiful

BSTcVvH.jpg

Perfectly balanced and with a little heft for choppin, lifetime warranty too

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    ALL-BLACK THE NECROSWORD, THE ANNIHILABLADE, THE SLICER OF W
    TRUESWORDS DOT COM

ugIQ3dJl.jpg

ChZMSBDl.jpg
    THROWING SWORD COMBO

HFtkOSIl.jpg
    CLEAVE EM UP

E4bEXEOl.jpg
    YOU BRING THE THUNDER I'LL BRING THE LIGHTNING

m5H7Uq6l.jpg
    GIVE THEM THE STABBY CLAW SNIKT BUB

PA3kzg5l.jpg
    I'LL SWIRLY THE LOT OF YOU

musZgcVl.jpg
    I'M A TACTICAL POLICE OGRE

EndZqnSl.jpg
    SLICE EM UP LIKE BROCCOLI AND ONIONS AND SOME MINCED GARLIC TOO

AaSSG4Ml.jpg
    HERE'S A FORTUNE FROM MY CRYSTAL BALL: SOMEONE'S GONNA GET STABBED

cpllfGtl.jpg
    WHEN THE MYSTERY METHOD GOES BAD SOMETIMES I GOTTA SLICE MY WAY OUT

z0hOi9ml.jpg
    OPEN A BOTTLE FOR EM: IT'S REFRESHMENT TIME HYDRATION IS IMPORTANT

https://www.trueswords.com/

Brolo on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I would say my favorite S word is "surreal."

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    a light sabre
    Lightsaber vs Keyblade is one of the hardest choices I’ve ever had to make

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    other
    im dead brolo is the murderer he killed me with a tacticool sword

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    If those things werent real Id love them but they are real so I hate them

Like theyre just so fucking stupid and mean spirited, absolutely good for nothing besides hurting people and not even good at that, a fuckin stiletto has nothing on its mind but murder at least its good at it

God what ugly souls those objects have

• Options
    Except the rocking slicer I kind of want the rocking slicer

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    That slicer knife looks decent tho, could be good for slicin’ up some herbs or something

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    other
    COMBAT CLEAVER!!!!

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    other
    Except the rocking slicer I kind of want the rocking slicer

I got something kinda like that I use for cutting up pizzas and flatbreads and such

It's pretty good

• Options
    That said I dont want a rocking slicer from them fuckin people I assume it would break or leach foulness into my food

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    other
    MEZZALUNA

Nothing better for pizza cutting

• Options
    edited September 2019
    If those things werent real Id love them but they are real so I hate them

Like theyre just so fucking stupid and mean spirited, absolutely good for nothing besides hurting people and not even good at that, a fuckin stiletto has nothing on its mind but murder at least its good at it

God what ugly souls those objects have

i really don't think the vast majority of what trueswords sells is ever purchased with the intent to hurt anybody

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_LjMUVkv0A
    mostly they're just used to slice water bottles and appeal to idiots like me who want cool ninja weapons because I've watched too much anime, but I lack all ability/resolve/technique/knowledge to even know that what I purchased was junk

dbbuNPf.jpg
    https://www.trueswords.com/Death-Stalker-Hand-Claw-14702

like what is this? how would you even use it to like... cut something? I want two

Brolo on
  • Options
    The vast majority of tacticool firearms horseshit isnt purchased with murder in mind but I fuckin despise all that trash too, like not for nothin that stupid twisty stabbing implement is posed with magazines full of 5.56, peas in a fuckin pod

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Sword of Omens
    Also I just realized

My favorite sword is obviously the soul reaver

• Options
    Theres a bit in Slaughterhouse 5 where a German soldier finds a knuckleduster dagger on a POW, it really made an impression on me regarding the intent of objects

• Options
    The vast majority of tacticool firearms horseshit isnt purchased with murder in mind but I fuckin despise all that trash too, like not for nothin that stupid twisty stabbing implement is posed with magazines full of 5.56, peas in a fuckin pod

ehhhh I get where you're coming from

d1S7f7e.jpg
    but I kinda feel like the military industrial complex took over our culture a long time ago

might as well wallow in the goofy bits of it

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    other
    Stilts wrote: »
    Lightsaber vs Keyblade is one of the hardest choices I’ve ever had to make

Unfortunately you did not select a lightsaber, you selected a light sabre

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Gotta go for ALL-BLACK THE NECROSWORD, THE ANNIHILABLADE, THE SLICER OF WORLDS THAT CARVED THE FIRST DAWN FROM THE STONE OF THE ENDLESS NIGHT! But my actual favorite sword isn't really a sword.

I mean you could hardly call it a sword.

It's more like a sharpened hunk of iron.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    other
    I wonder if anybody ever buys cane swords anymore?

If I see a dude with a cane and he doesn't have any kind of limp and is also probably wearing a trilby ass fedora I'm gonna assume it's a cane sword and now I have the advantage.

But if I see a dude with a cane and he's actually an old dude then its probably just a straight up old dude cane, right? Unless the old dude is just faking it trying to lure me into a false sense of security?

Either way I'm gonna sneak up behind both of them and Assassin's Creed them with my bitchin scorpion wrist... things that I bought 7 of from TrueSwordsdotcom, just to be safe.

• Options
    Fuck yeah man, I'm not trying to shit on you, lots of people even in Canada have the exact same attitude you have with trueswords but with firearms, at least your shit taps out at like fifty bucks and will probably break before dealing death

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »

If I see a dude with a cane and he doesn't have any kind of limp and is also probably wearing a trilby ass fedora I'm gonna assume it's a cane sword and now I have the advantage.

But if I see a dude with a cane and he's actually an old dude then its probably just a straight up old dude cane, right? Unless the old dude is just faking it trying to lure me into a false sense of security?

Either way I'm gonna sneak up behind both of them and Assassin's Creed them with my bitchin scorpion wrist... things that I bought 7 of from TrueSwordsdotcom, just to be safe.

you know what's better than a cane sword?
    A cane that's solid hardwood. Fuckin' get knocked out right quick I tell ya what.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    other
    Juggernut wrote: »

If I ever live to be an old man with a limp then you can bet your ass that I will own at least one cane sword

But having one just because is no good, you gotta be someone that normally has a cane

• Options
    other
    Would a macuahuitl count as a sword, an axe, or a club?

• Options
    other
    cane swords probably fall under concealed knife laws in many places, like in california they definitely do

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    1wvmiphilzox.jpg

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    There is a fairly short list of outright prohibited items in Canadian law, amusingly sword sticks and the like are amongst them. Also 'loaded sticks' which is like a walking stick or shillelagh with a hollow carved in and filled with lead.

It's sort of silly but again the only intent of a loaded stick is human carnage, why abide such a thing

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    the wasp injection knife seems like the height of needlessly horrific weaponry in my mind
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa_NC-_fvKs
    nsfw(atermelons)!

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    other
    I need my baseball bat with some nails driven through it to protect my kids from the 30-50 feral hogs in my yard

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    other
    cane swords probably fall under concealed knife laws in many places, like in california they definitely do

Here in Texas I can openly walk around with brass knuckles, switchblades, and fucking swords. I haven't seen any fuckin nerdlingers doing so yet, but I swear to god when I do

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    other
    openly carrying a weapon often falls under different laws than disguising or concealing a weapon, which a cane sword inherently does

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    other
    Cane swords are super illegal just to own in California I think, let alone trying to walk around with one