As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Podcasts] Now listen to this

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    I’m immediately suspicious of anyone using “lib”

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    I’m immediately suspicious of anyone using “lib”

like ten or even five years ago that would've been more reasonable, but these days you're just as likely to hear that term being used as a pejorative from leftists as you are from conservatives

hating liberals is about the one thing they agree on

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Good to know

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    To own them, you must do something incredibly embarassing and/or stupid.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    Bridget, youre the... president of jack shit

god

that's a real line in a real video game i'm gonna get to play in a couple months

Wait her name is BRIDGET

Isn’t whatshisface’s name Bridges

What the fuck, Kojima

A theory is that the names are assigned based on their roles, so the leader of Bridges is called Bridget and Sam Porter Bridges is so called because he's a Porter for Bridges

Or those are just their names

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Hey CL

Maybe read the room a little

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Vote for a candidate who will actually push for universal healthcare, increasing taxes on the rich, a green new deal and campaign finance reform to own the libs.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I would also say that someone who refers to Miranda as "that insufferable rich lib who made Hamilton" is maybe not presenting information in good faith

Like I am not saying LMM is absolved of all responsibility or whatever but that is an incredibly complicated situation with tons of different organizations and individuals involved on top of the century plus of Puerto Rico and the US's disastrous relationship and boiling it down to a quick Twitter takedown of him because they find LMM annoying or whatever kinda sucks

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I feel like using ‘lib’ as a pejorative raises my hackles more than ‘liberal’ and I can’t explain why

Guess I’m just a beta cuck

• Options
    Viktor WaltersViktor Walters Registered User regular
    Lin Manuel Miranda addressed this nearly immediately back in 2017 and is vocally anti-PROMESA now.

The low-effort shit slinging in leftist spaces is so tiresome.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I feel like using ‘lib’ as a pejorative raises my hackles more than ‘liberal’ and I can’t explain why

Guess I’m just a beta cuck

Because "liberal" is an actual descriptor while lib is, as you say, a pejorative that has been adopted as a substitute for criticism.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I can't help but laugh if someone calls me any kind of cuck.

It's hilarious

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular

It's hilarious

Me being called a cuck would presume I have any kind of relationship to begin with, and I would be so lucky breh.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

It's hilarious

Someone called me the first recipient of the “cuck of the week” award on Twitter last week and I just spent like a minute laughing.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    God imagine having an entire week to your name

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I feel like the work being done there to paint LMM as a machiavellian capitalist villain is so much more work than you would need to paint him as well-intentioned but naive famous person.

Maybe they're right! Maybe his father is pulling the strings and they're both drowning in profits right now!

But the latter just seems so much more likely to me. He had a cause he was passionate about, and he hitched his wagon to the first horse that promised to be heading in that direction.

• Options

It's hilarious

Someone called me the first recipient of the “cuck of the week” award on Twitter last week and I just spent like a minute laughing.

Congrats! What are you gonna do with your prize money?

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I feel like the work being done there to paint LMM as a machiavellian capitalist villain is so much more work than you would need to paint him as well-intentioned but naive famous person.

Maybe they're right! Maybe his father is pulling the strings and they're both drowning in profits right now!

But the latter just seems so much more likely to me. He had a cause he was passionate about, and he hitched his wagon to the first horse that promised to be heading in that direction.

Especially since there’s no shortage of famous people who mean well who’ve made bad decisions (or put their foot in their mouth) from time to time.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

For whatever reason people want to hate the dude

Couple people on twitter I usually really like have already jumped on this train without doing any kind of research into it at all

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Vote for a candidate who will actually push for universal healthcare, increasing taxes on the rich, a green new deal and campaign finance reform to own the libs.

Man this would own me so hard if they did this

I'd be so owned

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Hating-People-Before-It's-Cool has become very in-vogue on the left.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Hating-People-Before-It's-Cool has become very in-vogue on the left.

I idly wonder if this is, in any part, a response to right-wing politics being dominated by idolatry of celebrity. A, "Well fuck, let's never fall into THAT trap" defense mechanism

(I also don't think it's INHERENTLY bad to be suspicious of any celebrity who gets active in political spaces, but jumping from skepticism to "eeeeeeeevil" is lazy)

• Options
    It's been said before but idolatry of anyfuckingbody is a bad idea because nobody is ever gonna match up to the idealized public image of them

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    For /years/, the only people I heard talking about Neil DeGrasse Tyson's dirty laundry were on the left

Like yeah, the left occasionally get it wrong, but when you group together a bunch of angry, marginalised, disenfranchised people they are going to aggressively try and protect their space and each other, even if that often means going overboard

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Calling me a cuck implies I have an unfaithful wife

Well jokes on you I'm all alone

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    It's probably parts generic counter-culture, part defense mechanism after being burned one too many times, and part just wanting to be first at something on the internet.

• Options
    It’s hard to see where the general trend comes from but in this particular case Amanda is not shy about saying that she has always hated him and was looking for proof that he was a bad person. I’m not certain that this is indicative of any trend so much as call out culture on the left exists and one particular person saw an opportunity to slam a person she doesn’t like.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    For /years/, the only people I heard talking about Neil DeGrasse Tyson's dirty laundry were on the left

Like yeah, the left occasionally get it wrong, but when you group together a bunch of angry, marginalised, disenfranchised people they are going to aggressively try and protect their space and each other, even if that often means going overboard

I totally get it

I'm also scared of the left becoming the same kind of "automatically retweet a thing I read with no critical thinking " that older right wing people on Facebook have become

I already see clearly false left leaning stuff and I'm worried it will become as prevalent as the other side

• Options
    It’s hard to see where the general trend comes from but in this particular case Amanda is not shy about saying that she has always hated him and was looking for proof that he was a bad person. I’m not certain that this is indicative of any trend so much as call out culture on the left exists and one particular person saw an opportunity to slam a person she doesn’t like.

I guess the 'why' of the original hate is pretty important

• Options

I totally get it

I'm also scared of the left becoming the same kind of "automatically retweet a thing I read with no critical thinking " that older right wing people on Facebook have become

I already see clearly false left leaning stuff and I'm worried it will become as prevalent as the other side

At some point a subculture gets big that misinformation is a forgone byproduct

The intellectualism of the left will help to minimize that but you can't entirely eliminate it

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i'd fuck a boat even if it wasn't a transformer

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    i'd fuck a boat even if it wasn't a transformer

They fucked on the boat that was also a robot???

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I think the original hate of LMM from the left is that he’s a huge cornball who posts positivity online which is the photo negative of the typical style of comedy popular in those circles.

There was also that stretch when Hamilton was the biggest entertainment product in America and a chunk of the liberal commentariat seemed to think it somehow contained the key to defeating the racist right and the online left despises liberals who think popular culture is the (or an) important ground for that fight and visited that distaste upon the play’s creator.

pyromaniac221 on
    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    Viktor WaltersViktor Walters Registered User regular
    I by no means think it's damning of the entire leftist movement, it's just obnoxious when I see it on "my side".

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
  • Options
    That isn’t a healthy worldview Amanda?!

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    good to know that saying the quiet part loud can cross political lines

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    can we not do the thing where someone randomly posting someone else's takes leads us all to dump on that person

can we just like roll on

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.