As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] 3.11 is Harvest, aka Plants Vs Exiles aka Come On And Slam League

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Man, I feel bad my character name includes fire traps, because the new mines are just so much damn better. Trying out Windz Icicile/Pryoclast mines build and I'm just clearing so much faster and easier, plus bosses just melt.

Tell my Cyclone Impale character named BrodyFacebreaker that... Maybe I should just stop naming my character after skills. Even though it makes it so much easier to track which character is what.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I don't think I've ever been able to just crush every kind of map with every kind of affix (except "cannot regen", I have to be a lot more careful on "less recovery" maps as well. Thankfully they're a bit rare) up to reds with such garbage gear.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Rockell/characters

Look for jrx_mance.

This is leveling gear and I crumbled a Park map with 150%/80%, 60% less recovery, 20% more monster life, etc to absolute dust. I've only seen my zombois life go down on reflect maps, and even then it didn't go all the way down. And I'm only running a 5L.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    So far today, Primordial Chain sold for 1.5 ex, and my first Abyss Mod I used on my T9 highest map spawned a Depths with a Lich.

Today is good.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    TorgaironTorgairon Registered User regular
    how do you know when it's a good decision to take acrobatics? I'm playing the standard impale cyclone, have run cyclone characters a few times but this champion variant focuses on evasion. the tree I'm using has me at 4.5k life with only fortify/flasks/the blind from flesh & stone for mitigation, and when I take any unmitigated hits I basically explode in rippier t10+ maps. the worst culprits are blight lanes, which sometimes seem to ignore me and sometimes instagib me.

if I only have 1k armour and no ES is acrobatics worth a try?

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I uh.

I just had my second map Abyss show up, spawn a Depths with a Lich.

Well that was a quick challenge.

Characters
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    I uh.

I just had my second map Abyss show up, spawn a Depths with a Lich.

Well that was a quick challenge.

Something like this happens to me every league, on my first HC character to maps, long before I feel confident about killing a Lich

It's always a tense fight

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    VDVgnSL.jpg

This was a good lich result. Now it just needs to not roll min roll on those flask mods.

Characters
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    eelektrik wrote: »
    Is there any nodes or items that buff Infernal Legion damage? It seems like increased fire damage does nothing, minion damage does nothing, at the very least the tool tip doesn't change. Without in game combat text I don't know how to figure out what does and doesn't affect it. With no means of buffing it, the damage doesn't seem like it would be that useful long term. Anyone have any higher level anecdotes with using Infernal Legion?

For me it’s primarily a method to enable minion instability. The degen aura is just extra

You can scale it with Flammability, and Minion Damage, but that's about it. It would still be pretty good, but the auras don't stack damage so you're basically capped at ~20k dps. SRS+Infernal Legion+Siegebreakers with Minion Instability is IMO the only way to use it.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2636800

4.0 is at least a FULL YEAR away. Current expansion schedule:
    As you know, we release new expansions (which contain challenge leagues, balance changes and new game features) every 13 weeks. We do not expect to vary this timeline in the near future, so over the next year we're roughly looking at:
    • Early December 2019: 3.9.0 Expansion (announced at ExileCon in November)
    • Early March 2020: 3.10.0 Expansion (announced in February)
    • Early June 2020: 3.11.0 Expansion (announced in May)
    • Early September 2020: 3.12.0 Expansion (announced in August)
    • And so on, with new expansions every 13 weeks until 4.0.0 is ready

Announcements and demos of 3.9 and 4.0 at ExileCon.
    I'm dumb and thought 4.0 was coming next after 3.9...

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    If 4.0 is that far out, I really hope it blows me away...
    with an auction house

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    lukewarm take: They're waiting for 4.0 until they can compete with Diablo 4

• Options
    also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtYi0DMVyd4

So that's why they took out the ability to put resonators in the currency stash :rotate:

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    A year to implement a Delve tab and it doesn't have a crafting spot, or an easy way to add fossils to resonator sockets

GGG please

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I ended up playing a necro Pure physical skeles and zombies with spectre buffers is super powerful. I can see where surviability of my character is the difficult part, but bosses are just melting up to act 6-7 or so far. the blight fights are pretty simple, i just drop frost towers, and stay in the middle, throwing skeletons at whatever branch needs it.
    Rius wrote: »
    A year to implement a Delve tab and it doesn't have a crafting spot, or an easy way to add fossils to resonator sockets

GGG please

It does seem lackluster. I'm sure some people who Delve consistantly will find it useful but It's the first special tab i have found no reason to buy. I mean i usually only end up with one regular tab of my delve stuff in a season, and with the unique tab I have a good bit of storage space free.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Now that fossils stack there's no real use for it. Ironically if they hadn't done that I would have bought one.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I sold an Efficient Training for 1 ex.

What even is this league

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    So I felt performance and resolution was really off this time around. Turns out I've playing on the Intel integrated rather than my graphics card.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    lukewarm take: They're waiting for 4.0 until they can compete with Diablo 4

They're re-doing all the animation rigging for the player characters, which means re-kajiggering every single piece of equipment for what will probably be 14 character models because it sounds like we're getting male/female selectable for each class.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I am glad that everyone has been experiencing the glory of necromancers this patch. I've made abouuut 6 different skelemancer characters since they redid the ascendancy with Bestiary, and it's always been pretty damn strong! The new changes just push it to completely silly levels of DPS -- I'm still running a 4L on my femurs because it hasn't mattered. Blights never get close to failing, and if it's a long path they never even get within one screen of the blight machine. I'm still waiting to get to a somewhat respectable boss, as everything so far has fallen hilariously quickly. Boss fights are 95% invuln phases now and it's great.

I've always done pure physical with hatred and an animate guardian buffbot, but switched it up to double carrion guardians on a 4L, with zombies on a 4L because hey why not. I also decided to try Triad Grip for 100% lightning conversion, with the updated Vis Mortis that gives you chaos damage on top of that. I'm running firestorm with conductivity curse on hit and EE for silly amounts of lightning debuffs -- it's great because I never even have time to use it with how fast stuff dies. I feel like an anime character with a secret final form I never really have to use -- just you wait Shaper.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I'm mildly concerned about my Uber Elder potential. I struggled a lot with minion survivability in Bestiary, but practically doubling minion hp and killing 40 of them last league will probably help a lot. I just really don't want to have to respec to a Baron build for a single encounter.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    *ahem*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoS2j9mukek

(2mins)

sorry dont mind me im just a poe celebrity

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    So I came up on an unending hunger which in the world of SSF I will take as a sign. I wonder how annoying Specters are on console.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    Day 7 of the league and I just now remember less projectile damage modifiers do not affect Poison damage.

*sighs at the LMP in his 5-link*

Characters
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Man, I feel bad my character name includes fire traps, because the new mines are just so much damn better. Trying out Windz Icicile/Pryoclast mines build and I'm just clearing so much faster and easier, plus bosses just melt.

Contact support and ask for a name change. They'll do it within a day.

• Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Day 7 of the league and I just now remember less projectile damage modifiers do not affect Poison damage.

*sighs at the LMP in his 5-link*
    I've been leveling both LMP and GMP, but I think I'm sort of a hybrid build, I get a lot of damage out of not just my poison stacks but the actual hits.

• Options
    I am now utterly dependent on my Tabula Rasa so naturally I went to the Locus and double-corrupted it. +2 to AoE and 4% less fire damage taken. I am not sure what that could be worth but I basically can't play the game while it's in the public tab.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Summoner changes are amazing...

Not because I'm playing a summoner, but because 6/8 of the EX I've made this league have been from summoner items that would have sold for crap last league.

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    I got a soulwrest for 1 chaos last league. Now it's just under an ex. What is life.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    today was a good day for farming
    temple delivered this juicy ass pair of boots
    AK7Fq2n.png

doctor #4 get it!
    dibN75r.png

the daily exalt!
    kaySI7i.png

outrageous id'd belt
    xZvQORN.png

... and doctor number 5 in same day :hydra:
    zjKm1pt.png

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Wait, is there a place to reliably farm Doctor cards now?

• Options
    edited September 2019
    azith28 wrote: »
    Wait, is there a place to reliably farm Doctor cards now?

burials and spider forests drop the card

i just buy em

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    So I have a few questions.

I skipped the last few leagues, so some of the new mechanics are confusing to me.
    The incubators seem straightforward, use them on equipment and eventually it spits out an item.

The oils seem to be like a selective enchant that can grant a major passive to a weapon, but does it count as a lab enchant? will one overwrite the other? If you already have that passive on your tree does it stack with the weapons same passive?

The blight tower defence seems straightforward enough, but can you make the encounters harder/more branches/more rewarding prior to maps? are blighted maps just maps with a lot of blight encounters ? do they just drop blighted or do you have to do something to make them that way? (I'm only on act 8 right now, taking my time).

The crafting from the last league (Timeworn is it?) how did it change in this league?

Is there a particular crafting type from the recent leagues that will give more benefits to a minion build? (Like + to minion gems in an enchant)?

Thanks

• Options
    So I have a few questions.

I skipped the last few leagues, so some of the new mechanics are confusing to me.
    The incubators seem straightforward, use them on equipment and eventually it spits out an item.

The oils seem to be like a selective enchant that can grant a major passive to a weapon, but does it count as a lab enchant? will one overwrite the other? If you already have that passive on your tree does it stack with the weapons same passive?

The blight tower defence seems straightforward enough, but can you make the encounters harder/more branches/more rewarding prior to maps? are blighted maps just maps with a lot of blight encounters ? do they just drop blighted or do you have to do something to make them that way? (I'm only on act 8 right now, taking my time).

The crafting from the last league (Timeworn is it?) how did it change in this league?

Is there a particular crafting type from the recent leagues that will give more benefits to a minion build? (Like + to minion gems in an enchant)?

Thanks

you have 2 slots for enchants now, lab ones and now oil ones

they do not stack, no point in spending points + annoiting oils

it is rng how hard they are. blight maps are full maps emptied out and become tower defense only. blighted maps drop as blighted

last league had incubators and a new endgame grind, i dont remember any specific crafting on it

they added a new wand base type that rolls minion affixes, called convoking wands. they are easy to drop

+ to minions and spell gems have become the new way to scale those builds, they are found on alot more gear now

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I think maybe it was here, but earlier in the league someone implied that it felt like Cobra Lash/Venom Gyre builds or w/e feels more aptly called a Plague Bearer build, and the other skills just generate the charges. I'm definitely feeling that now. Just nuked Innocence as I ran around avoiding the laser letting PB do all the damage.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Plague Bearer is literally one-finger PoE until you get to a rare or bloodlines group.

• Options
    Boom hit 90 before the first week was up.

Gonna crush maps this weekend and max out the atlas (I'm at about 100 or so done) before I head to Virginia for some sweet mountain river barbecuing and alcohol consumption for 5 days.

• Options
    Are there any tricks you can do with an Ancient orb to probably get a valuable unique in this league?

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Are there any tricks you can do with an Ancient orb to probably get a valuable unique in this league?

yep

use ancients in a nemesis map on unique belts for HH

use chance orbs in a nemesis map on leather belts for chance for HH

shaped HH is possible in 3.8

EDIT: its also why harbinger zana is insane value at 4c/map

ancient shards, harbinger shards, exalt shards, plus map drops and XP

for 4 c!!!!!!!

it would be worth it at 8c!!!

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    I sell my ancient orbs, I'd rather have some currency than gamble.

I did uber elder on my phys-skele necro, I died twice to shaper's balls because I was a moron and ran right into them. I had some trouble with my zombies/spectres/golems dying, that is probably mostly due to the fact that their resistances are not capped. They currently only have 10% + purity of elements if they are in range because I've been too lazy to find some jewels with resistances for them. I was also using flesh offering, I might try again with bone offering. Another option is to drop flesh and stone and put in purity of ice instead.

I've been finding that after monster level 80 or so I absolutely need bone offering in delves, with all the minions everywhere I sometimes stand in the after-death explosions that occur there which do a lot of damage.

I cleared almost all the red maps basically playing ssf because I didn't feel like searching for stuff to buy, but for elder I bought a maim chest and a weapon with a bunch of minion damage.

The build is easily the best build I've used for Chimera, you just stand in the middle of the arena and the minions wreck stuff immediately. Minotaur is a bit annoying; if you don't hear his submerge it's hard to see what the hell is going on when he's surrounded. It doesn't quite kill phoenix as fast as vaal double strike does, but it's quick enough that there is very little risk of dying. Hydra is about the same as other builds I've tried, if I fuck up and eat an orb I could die but otherwise no trouble.

Red elder is also extremely easy, I don't think shaper even takes a hit during the portal phase, I just drop skeles on anything that might fire at him.

I might fart around some more with spectres and try elemental based skeletons, but I also copied Uber Dan's cold-dot occultist so I'll probably play that a bit some. It's nice to play that on blight encounters since I can actually see what the mobs are doing.

This discussion has been closed.